People actually thought the people in Blair Witch really died

>People actually thought the people in Blair Witch really died.

>it's just a funny meme
>nobody actually thought it was real
>that scene from Keanu
>"i was at an early screening of the blair witch project, niggers though that shit was real"

this tbqh, it was a surprise party

I actually liked original movie very much.

2 part.
Remake.
Paranormal activity - all shit in my opinion.

Only Blair Witch actually scary.

The director of Cannibal Holocaust was arrested in Italy because they thought he killed people in his movie

I found an mpeg of this movie on a Hotline gore server labeled (I'm serious) foundfootage.mpeg

I called the cops halfway through

>Prople actually thought OP was straight.

first blair witch movie is the only good found footage movie. brilliant use of early internet viral marketing too.

DESU that naked, impaled loli looks real as fug

It's true. People try to stop screenings because they thought it was a snuff film.

The actors in the movie had to come out and tell people it wasn't for real.

Viral marketing was alot more effective when the internet was still a baby in 1999.

Meanwhile, in 2007.
It's actually a pretty good film for a no budget indie thing.

>no budget indie thing
The fact that people still believe this shows how good the marketing was

>no dood it was secretly a 150 million dollar blockbuster i am so le smart
What?

It was directed by an Israeli millionaire and produced by Paramount

That's the only reason people remember it fondly.

And Blair Witch Project is the socially acceptable ripoff version of the story that Cannibal Holocaust actually told twenty years earlier.

-kid documentary filmmakers go innawoods looking for spooky shit on purpose
-the locals warn them not to fuck with shit
-they do anyway, and promptly get lost and start getting fucked with by the woods themselves, it seems
-they meet a Bad End as the remaining team are picked off in an obscure way, with the last one standing dropping the camera at an iconic sideways-angle.

It is quite plausible that Haxan intended to make a DIY low budget version of Cannibal Holocaust.

It's finally happened. People are nostalgic and defending fucking paranormal activity. Holy fuck.

but it was alwaus decent. it just did not need spin offs and sequels

>jump scares & security camera footage was ever good

The first part is true but the second part isn't. Paramount distributed it and funded the alternative endings but didn't produce the original version. That was all done independently.

The original is a solid found footage movie. No one is defending the series as a whole.

The way this whole thing was marketed back in the day was wierd. It wasn't portrayed as just a regular blockbuster movie they were trying to trick people into thinking it's real.

Cannibal Holocaust's illusion was ruined by the framing device with the TV network imo. BWP differs in that the entire film is presented as the footage collected from the woods where they went missing.

Shut up it was different times

They actually never found those kids so who knows?

And it was pretty hot too

It was just a hoax dude. They probably used fake names and then left the tapes behind in a place they knew would be found.

sorry but there is no way they could fake that emotion without it being completely obvious, I think the town covered it up