Inception

okay, I know I am late to the party. What are the views of Inception? I avoided spoilers for 7 years and finally got around to watching it and enjoyed it a lot.

>asking to discuss Nolan on Sup Forums
I envy your innocence

I thought it was a pretty meh flick. The the scenery and the dreamscapes I thought were pretty imaginative and neat, but couldn't carry the convoluted and silly plot

Pretty good movie. I liked the drama the most, followed by the acting. The part where the city folded on itself was freaking bonkers. Better than The Matrix. I wonder what that top spinning meant? In the end, it's up to us to decide, is it not. That snow scene was intense. Who knows what was going on. I'm almost certain Ellen Page was in this film. This guy knows: . What level were they on at the end? It's impossible to tell, but the ride is what counts.

Real neat flick

true

>7 years
Surely im not that old

Thought it was really good. Didn't understand when people said the story didn't make sense because it's straightforward as fuck.

It's a very good film. I've no doubt that there are contrarian autists above me pretending they think it's shit though.

Excellent film of the highest caliber. My second favorite film underneath The Prestige (the machine didn't work and the journals were unreliable, hehe). Not sure what the deal was with that top, it was very mysterious.

Makes no sense. Not in a meme way like 'you didn't get it,' it just legitimately gets worse the more you think about it. You have to headcanon Cobb into being a literal retard for it to make any sense.

Once you take that out you're left with an extremely standard blockbuster with music video tier visuals and an attempt to distract the viewer from its retardation with big moments of emotion.

It's not bad, just kind of shit.

Lesbo and Q-tip only exist for exposition.

when you first see it you are like holy shit!

but after you leave and think about it, the movie doesn't have much standing power. it's just a well directed blockbuster.

>Makes no sense. Not in a meme way like 'you didn't get it,' it just legitimately gets worse the more you think about it.
How is this, this plot line, for all the show, is a simple as fuck plotline

It was a good watch in a cinema, until I walked out and all my friends were somehow fucking confused by what happened and what was real, and thought it needed multiple viewings to understand.

It could have done with more fantastical dreamscape stuff instead of just using cool locations too. I thought the train was the tip of the iceberg for crazy shit but it was pretty much all they had.

Iconic film that will go stand the test of time extremely well. Acting was great, music was great, it was edited well, the shots were great, the aesthetic was great. There was no weak element

Why does it "make no sense"?

>Makes no sense.
How, this film is much like memento, where the plot itself is simple but how it is told is the charm.

Doesn't fucking make sense friendo.

It was kino

It's fucking awesome. It's a movie all about perception. It's almost perfect.

*inception

Okay, how? What part of the story was nonsensical? Care to explain anything at all?
I don't think it was very complicated. I'm willing to bet we can agree that the whole "it blew my mind, man!" shit was over said and stupid, but really, it made sense. No "headcanon" shit, it was a pretty simple story really.
I understand not liking a movie but just saying it makes no sense seems like a real logical cop-out. The movie acts smarter than it is, which I think is just a Nolan trademark, but seriously what confused you?

Read the thread, idiot. It didn't blow my mind man. Don't quote that at me when I did not say that. I DID NOT SAY THAT.

memento is better

Excellent post my reddit friend!

Jesus Christ, are you okay? I didn't say you said that, I'm saying other people did. It was definitely considered a major mind-fuck movie at release, undeservedly.
Am I being trolled? Really, that's it? If so, here's another hard earned (You) you lazy fuck.
Explain yourself and get some counseling, psycho. How did this movie for the average movie-goer (idiot) confuse you? Or did I just answer that myself?

Great movie. I think the effect of it is dampened because a large majority of people didn't fully understand it, making it seem like it was more complicated or epic than it was.

If you watch it on it's own, without the pre-text of it's reception, I think it's a very good movie that will be remembered and enjoyed into the future.

They still in the Limbo

>tfw no Marion gf

Calm down you fucking retard, he's just asking you to explain why you didn't get the movie

The movie worked as a pretty good action movie with a silly story but it's better on a rewatch once you realize the story makes more sense if DiCaprio is and has been stuck in a dream the whole time.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
the original brapposting

Impressive achievement. Original IP nearly 2.5 hours long that came out in the summer and made nearly a billion dollars. And more importantly, it somehow hasn't devolved into a shitty cross-medium franchise.

The hate and praise are both overblown.

From a production standpoint though, it's fucking brilliant. But retards that have never even picked up a camera are incapable of appreciating or respecting anything that has to do with production so it's not really a point fit for discussion on Sup Forums.

I DIDNT FUCKIN SAY IT

So why did they say that gravity from previous layer applies to the next one which means that in the 3rd layer there shouldn't be any gravity but there was gravity.