Why don't we force fat people to lose weight?

How would you feel if the government forced a strict diet upon the citizens of the country? So basically, it works like this:

>everyone over 18 has their bmi checked, and applied to their ID
>if it is not between 18.5 to 24.9, you are automatically part of the program
>if you are not in that range, you are issued a personalized exercise plan to fit your ideal weight loss, respectively
>your exercise plan is also affected by your age, health issues, etc.
>you can use your exercise plan as a free pass to go to weight loss centers
>you are then given an extended period of time to work with that program until you hit the ideal bmi
>after that period of time is over, you are then required to have your bmi checked again

>people who accomplished their goals are finished, and given advice to maintain that weight until the next checkup
>people who did not accomplish the goal are fined, the amount correlating with the progress they've made

And this becomes a law. Think about it.

>everyone becomes healthy, obviously
>tons of new jobs open (people who have to check the weight, create plans and appointments, etc.)
>gyms and other recreational weight loss areas profit, increasing their methods of encouraging potential customers
>western civilization improves because no more overweight greasy neckbeards
>country and its people overall benefit for the greater good

TL;DR

Government implements a mandatory weight loss that affects all citizens. You are forced to lose weight or you are fined.

So what do you think? What are some reasons this wouldn't work? There's no death penalty or anything extreme like that, so it can't be considered inhumane.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=akPb_Bvor0A
youtube.com/watch?v=0mfLvaSWdyo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>force

That is extremely un-American. This is not a dictatorship.

Obestity is a huge problem though. The real solution is to fix obesity naturally, without forcing anyone to do anything at all. How do you do this? Education. Better living conditions. Affordable healthy food. Regulations on fast food. Fix the country as a whole and obesity will fix itself. The big fat disgusting pigs you see at walmart are true representatives of the state of the country. Think back to times when America was its strongest. The stereotypical American was beautiful back then.

>hurr why can't we FORCE people to change something I find distasteful

Fuck off

all the food fatties would be forced to eat probably would be supplied by whichever company payed the highest bribe. So they would lose weight but still be unhealthy since would be eating their recommended caloric intake of high fructose corn syrup and soy.

>americlap defending obesity

Nigga pls

>forced a diet

That's so fucking gay. People can be as fat as they want.

>FORCE AMERICANS TO LIVE LONGER
>RETIREMENT AGE IS NOW 80
>SOCIAL SECURITY COMES IN AT 90

FUCK U OP! LONG LIVE OBESITY

>FORCE AMERICANS TO LIVE LONGER
>RETIREMENT AGE IS NOW 80
>SOCIAL SECURITY COMES IN AT 90

FUCK U OP! LONG LIVE OBESITY

Being fat may not be easy on the eyes but it is nowhere as big a problem as some of you skeletons make it out to be. It's not going to kill anybody until they are maybe 60? Like what is the difference?

>distasteful

Fat people are not capable of being efficient workers. This is not about how gross/unappealing it is to be fat - it's about how much slower, and how much less effective of a worker you are by being fat.

Fat people belong to work camps

You realize that all body builders would be apart of that program, right?
Most Navy Seals, Marines, even some Olympic competitors.

You can't for a country to get skinny, that's called fascism bruh. I know you feel really good about yourself because you are in college and work out, but you're being a fucking tool.

Yes, obesity is a problem, but the cure isn't fat shaming and forcing people to work out. Education is key, Most poor fat fucks just eat whatever tastes good and have no idea about vitamins, minerals, diabetes, the diseases being fat causes etc etc... They aren't taught it in primary school and if their parents don't know , then they surely aren't going to pass it onto their kids. Make nutrition a mandatory class in school, have employers create incentives for employees that engage in fitness programs and such, put more pressure on soda and fast food companies in the form of taxes and such etc etc...

That was vague. What I'm saying it, bmi doesn't account for muscle or general level of fitness.
You need more rigorous tests or at least an examination from doctors instead of a one size fits all.
Not trying to sound like a Belgian health minister but when I was considered "overweight" I had abs. I lost weight at the doctors behest… and most of the muscle went with it.

Gyms are the issue: fat people don't want to have to work out around normal healthy people while we're refining our physique. We need two tiers of gyms: one tailored towards fatties (must be x-wide to enter) and one tailored towards people who want to maintain their healthy shape. The gym for fatties would have health care workers there, obviously, whereas the gym for normal people would have private instructors.

Too many people being fat is a multi-billion dollar industry

Economically embrace our farmers. Try and make healthy food cheaper.

Although I don't agree with forcing fatsos to lose weight. I think if they were forced they would be ok with it after a couple weeks. It's easier than they think it is. The first week is kind of a drag though.

People don't realize that obesity is actually excellent for culling the population, and ultimately saves the healthcare system.

>Get fat as shit
>Cost the system short term in shit to deal with your beetus and bad joints and such
>You die of some fat-related cundishuns and that's that

>Healthy
>Keep on trucking great
>Almost certainly get cancer or some shit that is expensive as fuck to treat
>Come out costing more overall

This of course discounts the lack of productivity that could be contributed to many obese workers, but contrary to expectations fatties cost the system less overall in healthcare.

I agree that such a program would be great.

But, as other have said, America was founded on limiting government intervention. Have government regulate your meals and exercises and soon they're forcing you to read "educational" novels about the struggles of muslim immigrants.

Something needs to be done, but it needs to be grassroots.

>unironically using BMI as a health metric

I guess we're gonna force all bodybuilders, athletes and anyone who's ever picked up a barbell in their life into this gay ass "program" of yours

Why don't we let fat people be fat, keep discourage them from using public transit where the take up 3 seats, encourage them to walk more, and encourage them to have lots of random comic and otaku knowledge.

Why don't we force people that worry about other people to be sent to camps to learn to fuck off and mind their own business?

Anyway, if you actually cared about weight loss and not just getting to tell other people how to live you would legalize weight loss drugs that cause heart attacks in a minority of users but cause massive weight loss in all users.

Further do you have any fucking clue what the BMI means or how it was created? I'll tell you, it's the average mass to height relation of Victorian era people. A demographic poll of people living in the 1800s which put the center of the BMI in the middle of the population average then assigned classifications around that center point.

A far more important number would be the body fat measure. But then all the skinny fat people would need to lose fat while the cross fit morons would need to add some.

>ITT amerifats defending their unhealthy and sickly lifestyle

This isn't a problem for most people. The obesity epidemic isn't due to fat people feeling insecure at the gym.

What if I just inhale a bunch of helium before my weigh in? I will be lighter and still be fat

It is not un-American. Obesity is a risk to your health, just as suicide is. Obviously the latter is much more different and has less controversy surrounding it, but it should still be declared a harm to yourself to be extremely overweight, because IT IS.

And yes, I agree with your stances on increasing education and all of that, but the problem is, people are becoming less and less willing. That is why we have this whole "fatphobia" movement, which thankfully, is still being taken as a joke for the most part, but it's not unprecedented to assume it won't worsen as the years go by.
>distasteful
>taste

Do you ever stop thinking about what you can stuff yourself with? And it's more than just that, fatty.

That's what I came up with on the spot, yeah. Surely there would be more precautions and measures taken before such a system was implemented.

Ban cars on public roads. Restrict them to private property or closed race tracks. Force people to walk and use public transportation. Ride a bicycle.

Same with smokers and drug users.
Some government control to your sex life is also needed, you can't have sex to whoever you want, only if you are engaged, no homos no race mix and no age difference.
And what about your financial life? You should not invest your money on foreign company, only on state approved ones.
Remove degeneracy, remove kebab.

It's just a reality of the modern era. We don't walk everywhere like other countries do, we all have cars. Fast food is cheap and convenient here, while it's pretty expensive and probably not as widely available in other countries.

Most other countries say how expensive shit like Mcdonalds is compared to everything else they have available, while in America you can get like 1500 calories worth of food for $4-5 bucks.

Honestly the largest contributing factor IMO has been the invent of cars, drive thru windows and everything else that has taken away from walking or bike riding. People fucking walk as a recreation in America, not as a means to get from place to place. If the large majority of people walked 30 minutes every day, a lot of obesity would go away. It's a necessity in most of the world, here in America, it's something we are told to do for our health.

>more government involvement in personal life

No thanks Fuck off to the EU

Sorry fatty, even if this were implemented it wouldn't motivate you to lose weight. You'd still find some way to fail. Just accept your lot in life and stop trying to find false motivation.

>BMI

inaccurate

I would like it desu

fatass who need to lose 50lbs here

please make it come true. i wish i was given 2 years by the statesto lose it or i go to jail

muh freedumb

this

Good old fashion shaming worked pretty well, now these land whales are trying to take that away.

McDonalds is absolute shit if you take into account the quality of the food aswell. American people the only ones who are so dumb in their capitalist psychosis to look at McDonalds and go "wew so many calories for a dollar, I guess it's a good deal"

Greetings fatasses

Come to /fit/, we can help

BMI is not an effective measure. You're going to be pissing off a lot of perfectly healthy body builders.
Also the program needs to be more personal than just giving people diet/exercise plans and fining them if they don't follow it.
I recommend that instead, High School ends at age 16, 16 becomes the legal age of adulthood for alcohol, consent, voting, etc.
Once graduating High School, there will be 2 years mandatory military service for men. Women may have something similar but obviously not combat. Meals are provided for, and rationed (thus regularizing diet for both Men and Women). Furthermore, military training ensures the males will be fit and strong (which is not necessary for women, women just need the diet regulated).
Once people are put on the right track after these 2 years, they will likely be more able to keep themselves together. In addition this aids in other areas such as building camaraderie among the citizens.

>Come to /fit/, we can help
i lurked fit a couple days ago and it looked exactly like b with a very very vague theme

maybe i was unlucky

>How do you do this? Education. Better living conditions. Affordable healthy food. Regulations on fast food.

Ahh, the "government interference will solve the problem" meme. Kill yourself, only LESS government interference and deregulation will do what you stated. The government is the root of the problem.

You can do it much more simply

Simply make fat people who get fatness induced problems pay more money for treatment

Eh, there's been a bit of shitposting recently. But to be honest, just read the sticky and it'll definitely help.

This.

Freedom works both ways. OP sounds like some aspiring Euro turbo-statist who needs to take a fucking civics course.

YOU ABLEIST FUCK! HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT! I'M SO TRIGGERED AT THIS? I CANT EVEN. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT PEOPLE OF COLOR ARE SO OPPRESSED THEY'LL BE TARGETED AND MURDERED BY THE VERY PEOPLE THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT THEM!? LIMITING OUR BEAUTY WITH THESE FAKE STANDARDS OF 'HEALTH' IS SO WRONG AND OFFENSIVE. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. POVERTY CAUSES OBESITY YOU MUST BE A CIS-WHITE MALE. CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE! IF I HAD A GUN I WOULD SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE.

>mfw

Any system to force Americans to improve would just be gamed by leaches so they dont have to participate.

It's like how everyone on welfare gets their kid diagnosed with some 'disability" or "learning disorder" so they dont have to do any parenting. They get very smart about gaming the system.

Camps are the only answer, fuck walls.

>he thinks BMI is a great way to measure obesity

/fit/ would like to have a word with you and your shitty way of thinking you petulant child.

>You can't for a country to get skinny, that's called fascism bruh.

Oh yeah? Will you still be saying that when the now 1/3 of americans that are obese goes to 2/3?

Look around you at the world. If we don't take some form of necessary action, "being happy with your body" is only going to continue to be encouraged.

youtube.com/watch?v=akPb_Bvor0A

We've tried education, that's why we fucking have PE. It's not working. Even that is beginning to become more scarce as time progresses. You can lecture fatties all day about their health benefits from working out, but they will cry that they can't because of some other health issue that is totally not related to them.

The one I proposed is a quick and easy solution, obviously there is some room for refinement but it's still going to be helpful for the country as a whole in the long run.

It's exercise, not exorcism. No one is dying or getting hurt, quite the opposite really.

Well, being poor probably means you're dumb. Being dumb and poor means you're going to struggle to eat healthy. So there you go

>and applied to their ID
topcake

>"You're not an unscannable, are you?"

Government vans roam the streets looking for large game. They spot a big one. This will take two trank darts. It tries to run away, but of course it can't. The beast awakens in the fat camp. Here it will be processed into a contributing member of society. Those that don't show progress within the first month, are processed into soylent green.

>capitalist psychosis
Found the Marxist

>BMI
>not realizing how retarded relying on BMI is

>How would you feel if the government forced a strict diet upon the citizens of the country?
Like a citizen of Best Korea

They die earlier and faster, which helps medicare, medicaid, social security, and pension plans save money. If it weren't for fat people, all of these programs would already by insolvent.

it's another senseless fat hate thread that ignores the fact these problems are perpetuated by a multi billion dollar industry that apparently is less important to fix than the personal behavior of primates that are biologically compelled to consume hyper-normal stimulating foods that are advertised and sold all around them 24/7.

really makes you roll your eyes

Just embrace your future.
youtube.com/watch?v=0mfLvaSWdyo

If you cann force yourself to lose weight, so you are fucking subhuman, lazy nigger.

Just do it culturally, bring back fat shaming

Take some fucking responsibility of your own life fatty.

>BMI
>Not BF%
Stopped reading there.
If you've ever played sports or gone to a gm, chances are you'll be labeled as obese with BMI.

BMI could be a useful prerequisite though.
Like if your BMI is out of the accepted range you go in to have your BF% checked.

>BMI could be a useful prerequisite though.
It really isn't. Just skip that trash and check your bf%.

Checking BF% takes more time. Doing that for every person in the US is practically impossible.
A census style weigh in would be much more efficient

and there it is again, the he is against mindlessly hating fat people and supporting draconian measures that interfere with personal responsibility, therefore he must be fat irresponsible.

really makes you yawn.

All Ive done is point out the very obvious. The idea that you would take some draconian measures to penalize fat people before you would regulate the massive industries that profit from it (this include healthcare btw) is asinine.

You basically have been brainwashed to completely ignore the causes of these problems by the industry controlled media. Why do you think the government is always rolling out a bs food pyramid (usually with incorrect info that benefits lobbyists) and telling folks to exercise? cause as long as you keep people angry at fat folks you avoid putting warning labels on shit or banning toxic shit or setting age limits on buying or any of the other things that we do with potentially lethal recreational substances despite the fact they kill millions each year.

This thread is basically the equivalent if someone said we should send cigarette smokers to cessation camps in the 1950's. It's frighteningly stupid.

femanon here, who wants to save the white race with me?

Why don't we force skinnyfat beta manlets that do nothing to maintain their pathetic 140lb lanky body frames to lift while we're at it?

youre retarded

They just need to ban pufas.

so we cant implement a "fat tax"? we have an alcohol tax and a tobacco tax so why not for fat people?

>there is a woman in this world who has 2 giant penises

go ahead and try faggit

this is America

I always tought that fat fucks should not be allowed to use the elevator. Even if they live on 18. floor. Go fuck yourself you disgusting pig

t. lardass

Sounds like a plan, but rather than the useless BMI, the bodyfat-percentage should be the deciding factor.

forced to go to school
forced to sign up for selective services
forced to pay taxes
forced to buy insurance
forced to follow building codes
forced to not use certain drugs

explain to me again why this would be a good idea? We would obviously need to add an exception to powerlifters or bodybuilders or something

>all this extra bullshit
Just tax fat people, they'll either figure of a solution on their own or kill themselves

Why would you fine them?

>wants massive government programs
>wants manditory free doctors visits
>want to add stupid taxes
Are you a euroshit on vacation?

Why would you fine people who speed?

How are fat people harming society?

Forcing people to do shit doesn't work long term and they start to get the desire of actually becoming even more fatter when they are not under your control as a proving point.

It is like how girls start fucking niggers and get their parents to know because they had very authoritarian and controlling parents. It is like saying "you are not the boss of me" but with action.

Your idea would never happen on a larger scale because most people already know what I said above. You can try it with your siblings and you will start to understand.

The best method is leading by example with motivation. Second best method is to reason with them with logic.

>round up all fatties
>put them in concentration camps where they are forced to run on a hamster wheel or stationary bike for 5-6hours a day
>have all their exercise devices be also dynamos that generate power for cities
>solve obesity and generate clean, renewable energy in one go

Germany did something different but as useful as this in the 1930s with the "Volksgesundheit" and it stayed alive partly in certain states and regions.

Where i live the supermarkets take the healthy products from local farmers instead of mass-produced crap from other countries.

The farmers get major support that way and people end up buying more healthy food and less unhealthy foods.

On top of that, you support more ethical treatment of animals as beef from a local farmer comes from an animal that lived on the fields, lots of room and healthy food instead of those mass-holdings that are luckily outlawed in my area aswell.
Of course the bigger companies try their best to buy the farms, but since the farmers get such support, they have no need to sell.

Pic related

They'll say by driving up health care costs, because socialist systems always find ways to limit personal autonomy. And I wonder how much more it costs a society with many socialist shared-cost features to treat fatties... I mean, they won't be alive long enough to collect much social security or use the resources that the elderly use. Fat asses dying younger like they do might even be a net gain for such a society.
Same goes for smokers.

Local food sounds great until there's a long drought and you realize that you have just brought about the first Malthusian contraction in a developed country since before the Industrial Revolution.

I know in Japan if you are overweight you get to pay a tax on it because your fat ass is costing the government money

As someone who got super fat back in highschool, I would support a larger focus of physical activity as well as mandatory military service for two years after highschool graduation. It's not like an 18 y/o knows what to do with their life anyways.

Because that undermines the idea of Freedom in America.

>Some kids are shiftless bums.
>Therefore all kids are shiftless bums.
>Since they have no concrete plans, two years of their short lives belong to the state.

Fuck off, Korea.

spending more than two hours a week on Sup Forums is easily more harmful to society

>ironically sounding like a liberal when someone disagrees with you
hurrrrr you're a fatass cause you don't agree with me
>you're a racist when you don't agree with me

>time to cut
>don't want to lose my current lifts

Of course the possibility of getting foreign foods is not shut down, but as long as there is no catastrophe this is a great standard.
That said,
In the USA i can imagine in certain areas you have drought or other weather problems every other year, but in Germany that's very rare.
The worst we had was too much rain a few years ago, but only in one state.