Regular Show Officially Ending

Well it's confirmed. While Adventure Time is getting a 9th season, Regular Show is ending at 8. I know it made itself known as Romance Show and drama boring shit, but it was always my favorite show, or atleast second favorite, depending how I felt. This is pretty disappointing, especially since it was just starting to get good again in the public eye (that being here and other places that justifiably think it went to shit), and I was still fine with it.

I know there's not many people who will care but now that it's announced, this is the thread for it.

At least it had some solid seasons, and ran long enough to pick itself back up for a little bit. It's final season will begin to air in Fall.
twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/764261242957541376

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_wYklm8-dQk
iahfy.tumblr.com/post/148867212915/majestic-peanut-toonami-using-anime-to-inspire
youtube.com/watch?v=uDge3-JsJ0A
youtube.com/watch?v=vbWfPYVZ9t4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My condolences user.

The weird thing about RS is that it peaked at season 1 and just went downhill from there.

Well I'll be fine, I'm only slightly feeling worse than I would if any other show I liked was confirmed to end, it just sucks moreso with this because I know my feelings aren't mutual with a good amount of people. I don't want to come off as a little kid crying about it or needing a pity party, but god damn I was so used to it running all these years and it just kinda happened.

I stuck through all these years passed it's prime, and when it started to get good like it's older seasons I was still watching. I liked it.

The most depressing part is going to be all the posts like Mark's saying goodbye to the show. I don't want to read JG's post on it when it comes, I already felt bad for him when he was saying how it's been like 10 years going to SDCC and this year was the first time the series was excluded from CN's panels, leaving him out too.

What was your peak episode?

At least it'll end with a bang, instead of a whimper.

The weird thing is you having such a shit opinion.

Yea, I've been expecting this to be the final season ever since JG said it would change the course of the series. He said years ago he knew what he'd want to do with a series finale, but he'd want CN to give him a notice when they'd be working on the final season. That coupled with a bunch of storyboarders and other production people leaving the show all seemed like confirmation on their own. I held out though.

>That coupled with a bunch of storyboarders and other production people leaving the show all seemed like confirmation on their own.

Who left and where were the news on that?

JG said it years ago, I can try and look around if you need it.

Owen Dennis left after this S7 finale, Bob Cavin III who was on the Art Department since the beginning left some time this year too.

I also forgot to mention it was revealed a month or so ago this last season will have 47 episodes, a unique number. That felt like more of a push towards it ending.

I stopped watching this show almost 2 years ago while I've still kept up to date on every episode Adventure Time. It just lost me. Not sad to see it go

>Regular Show is ending
>mfw

>b-b-but Adventure Time is still going
>mfw

>Owen Dennis left after this S7 finale

His tumblr says otherwise.

>edgy stoner Beartato and Reginald ending

Good

I don't blame you and I was fully expecting these responses. Season 7 was a step in the right direction, a lot of people said.

>>b-b-but
I'm not complaining, I watch both whenever I have time, it just feels weird for one to push on without the other. CN has always had the gimmick and vibe-usage of them being ort of the same.

Sorry I meant Toby Jones. It's 3 AM.

Don't reply to bait and a jerk who hasn't even watched the show in a long time.

I don't see it as bait because it's negative. I get why people dropped it, and I don't have an issue with it. I do wish people would think on what's actually going on though, especially somewhat recently.

I get what you're saying but I didn't see it being a jerk post, just someone who wasn't connected to the show. Maybe it was bait, I don't really care right now, just making conversation.

Got to bed Ebil.

I remember that guy from the talkback threads, was quite annoying.

Do I really sound like him? Am I being too considerate or something? I'm just kinda bummed right now. Sorry for the misunderstanding but I'm not him. Also for awhile I thought he was a girl from the username. Are we sure it's a guy? Someone in a episode thread said he was a fat old guy and there were pictures of him somewhere. I don't know.

He is just as sad about the show ending as you are, perhaps even more.

At any rate, he should go to bed.

Regular Show will die with dignity. Adventure Time is like some suffering geezer that can do nothing but shit itself.

>final episode is Mordecai and Rigby moving in with their respective love interests and grow apart from each other.

About time. All that's left now to kill is
>SU
>We Bare Bears
>Adventure Time

And we can finally be free from the Calarts meme.

>Regular Show will die with dignity
KEK

This is a CN prime time show, not a cynic Adult Swim one.

Oh, I haven't looked on his blog. Last thing I saw before not caring was taking posts from I think the Pam I Am thread and mocking us for being stupid, then revealed himself in the thread to spite us. I stopped paying attention. I do remember him completely fucking up his blog so we couldn't see what he was saying though.

But of course I'm upset, I'm not crying, but it's leaving me with an empty feeling, stronger than when any other show I like ends or goes to shit before hand. It's been over 6 years, I just got so used to watching it.

How is RS the calarts meme? Hardly any of the humans have a beanhead, if that's what you mean.

>all that's left is to kill the rest of the good shows on the network

It's bait, notice TTG and PPG are left out, which are complete products of what people mock Calarts for.

Never really payed much attention to RS. I stopped watching around when Mordecai goes to Margarets college to drop off her sweater. Not that the episode was bad I just began to lose interest after a while and never bothered to keep up with it. You guys had a good run.

>AT
>Cal Arts
Oh come on you have to be joking

youtube.com/watch?v=_wYklm8-dQk

I guess this is the end.... Of Regular Show.....

Oh right I totally forgot to include PPG on that list.

Just PPG though.

How do I UNJUST myself like based Hamill?!

voice act in a good cartoon

eat healthy and work out. Seriously.

I'm glad that the show is going out on its own terms.

The theme of the whole last season was growth and change, that things can't stay the same forever. The season finale tackled that directly, with Mordecai stressed out about how he'd worked the same dead end job at the park for so long and Rigby moving forward to be an adult and leaving him behind.

Regular Show is a show about the arrested development of twenty-something slackers and it attracted an audience of the same, so it's fitting that it'll go out with the end of that.

Really, seems like a lot of CN stuff is just "Manchildren watching children cartoons: move out of your parent's house and get a real job. Grow up."

iahfy.tumblr.com/post/148867212915/majestic-peanut-toonami-using-anime-to-inspire

Damn, he cleaned up nice.

Dude pulled his shit together and legitimately looks great

Fuck you, We Bare Bears is the best show on CN right now.

>The theme of the whole last season was growth and change, that things can't stay the same forever. The season finale tackled that directly, with Mordecai stressed out about how he'd worked the same dead end job at the park for so long and Rigby moving forward to be an adult and leaving him behind.

>leaving him behind

What? It is Rigby who has no problems working at the park forever. Getting where everyone else with a High School diploma makes him just about as adult as everyone else.

Not that user, but I watched it up until recently, it was alright for a nothing else to do watch, but holy shit now it's just sibling rivalry.

Who's watching Adventure Time anymore? The lore that lured more people in is what killed it.

Steak Me Amadeus was the beggining of the end for me.

This show became shit the instant it started to be about something. I just wanted a nice late night cartoon where something goes crazy and some funny animals have to defeat it. Now they're telling me how to live my life. Fuck you funny animals.

It's character development, man. Did you really expect it to be episodic all the time? The only story it got was recently so it could do a grand finale.

Not really, all the AT fags who hyped up the lore abaonded ship when the well went dry for AT, and moved unto steven universe my man.

There is a reason why SU is cancer, and why AT lore fags were cancer. The cancer moved after killing the fandom who liked it for other reasons and moved unto something else with just a shitty story telling.

Since it is impossible to follow regular show and when it primeres since PPG and "YOUR LE NEW FAVORITE SHOW" eclipsed this and AT, are there new episodes coming out or is this it?

Did it already end and I can binge on RS and finally see it to the end?

Halfway through Season 7 they mostly stopped promoting it. The Season 7 finale aired in June iirc and it only had one 5 second promo in a 30 second PPG/TTG crossover promo. They both aired on the same night. Final season airs soon as said in the OP.

this

I actually feel bad for Adventure Time, I loved that show but how long can it keep going before it turns into Family Guy or Spongebob.

Shitposting aside

This show and Adventure Time literally saved Cartoon Network, I will miss it

They did.

I remember when CN used to treat them the same, the biggest deal on the network.

Adventure Time still gets some recognition but they just dropped RS in promotions and just ignored it, and even cancelled it before Adventure Time, probably because the fangirls of marcelline and bubblegum keeps it going, which is what CN has been marketing to I've noticed.

It's been awhile since I've seen a Regular Show commercial. Really takes me back.

well they have managed to butcher everyone's character to the point that only delusional fan girls can really like that show anyway

every episode of AT I watch, I wonder which version of the main characters will show up, assuming the main characters show up at all

will Finn be adventurous and competent or socially retarded and stupid

will PB be kind but serious or silly and uncaring or morally questionable to the point of evil

at least characters in RS actually grew and changed, or didn't because that was kind of the point sometimes too

>checked
>"i'm legit feeling suicidal over this hahahaha"
>support being sent in trying to make him feel better
yea i'm not this fucking sad about it and asking for pity and attention, jesus christ

Damn 8 seasons? I stopped watching after like 5. But it really did need to go from what i saw.

So if we're talking about Ebil again after not doing so for months-

This is embarrassing, not just for him, but for anyone who watches the show still. The fact the numbers of fans have decreased immensely and leaves people like this in the less watchers list is just .. like I said embarrassing. I mean sure he's a steven universe fag, profile pic is a character from the show, but still, it's an RS fan too.

I'm disappointed and I feel empty about it, maybe even a little upset, but I'm not crying, I'm not talking about it on a public account, I'm just like "ah shit man, I wasn't really ready but it's been like 7 years"

I wish I could say more people watched it, if they did this guy wouldn't be standing out in the show's community.

The anonymous asks/support are likely him anyway.

depends on what you liked and what you hated about the show

although Rigby became a better character than Morde this last season

I really liked Mordecai and Rigby's dynamic in the show early on. With Rigby being the assholish instigator and Mordecai being the slightly more dependable moral center. I lost interest after i noticed that wasnt really what they were like anymore. Rigby became much nicer and friendlier and Mordecai just became the meme we all know now as Betacai.

Careful, don't want that faggot coming in again complaining about people bashing mordo and putting rigs on a pedestal.

>doesn't learn a foreign language
>instead gets through by a technicality and a principal who wants him gone
>"I'm learning so much!"

Yeah, no.

How about you actually refute his point instead of just whining about him?

Press f to pay respects

Most likely made him work out as part of the new movie.They did the same thing for the actor in one of the spider man movies so he would look buff after he was bitten. Same thing with Chris Pratt for Zero Dark Thirty.

>"G-Guys, we're TOTALLY better than this tumblr nobody, r-right?"

At the very least, if this show is canceling itll be one less thing you fags will need to obsessively check Tumblr over to make yourselves feel better for watching the same kid's cartoons that they do. Now if only SU and AT can follow in its wake.

>will Finn be adventurous and competent or socially retarded and stupid
>will PB be kind but serious or silly and uncaring or morally questionable to the point of evil
spot on desu

Here are the imdb ratings for each episode

I stopped watching after S4 probably, when all the different romance drama bullshit you speak of started becoming prominent. I've seen some newer episodes here and there with a few that I liked, guess I'll catch up on the rest of it if it's ending and has made some recovery from rock bottom.

>highest rated episodes are from newest season
never trust plebdb

I completely quit watching somewhere in that purple. Going to have to pick the show back up again before the end.

Is it actually back to Season 1 levels? Or at least not bullshit?

the problem with ALL of you arguing dipshits in RS threads (and others) is that you never define what attributes makes a character better than the other, instead assuming everyone measures it the same as you do

the betacai shit was always obnoxious and i have seen enough times where they claimed rigby is the better of the two for just having a girlfriend that wasn't even hard to get for him

which probably shows that those posters are very shallow

what do you mean not bullshit? be a bit more precise instead of vague

>Is it actually back to season 1 levels?

Not even close.

>Or at least not bullshit?

At times. The dome/space shit they've been doing as of late has been really extra and lame though. Eileen is also a forced cunt.

I'm sad about this. RS wasn't the best show in the world but I liked it well enough. I think the last hoorah of the show was Gamers Never Say Die in terms of standard episode format, and since that was so long ago maybe it is a good time to just shut it all down.

Also, props to the RS team for keeping Kristen Schaal from ever providing a voice. Let's hope season 8 doesn't break that streak.

I stopped watching RS after the cloud girl started coming into the picture again after her initial ep.

What are the good new episodes that aren't romance/drama? I loved it when they did gags like Trashboat and "I watch Planet Chasers: Starlight Excellent all day, every day".

>selective episode viewing

You can fuck right off.

I really liked Gary's Synthesizer

youtube.com/watch?v=uDge3-JsJ0A

>Regular Show will die with dignity
>8 seasons
>only 2 seasons were good
>has already been forgotten three years ago

still more dignity than shows like Spongebob, Family or FOP will ever get

What the fuck are you retards even talking about?

Not really. People still acknowledge those shows where as everyone outright forgot RS was still on CN

>at least characters in RS actually grew and changed, or didn't because that was kind of the point sometimes too
You RSfags sure do like to talk out your asses

>Steak Me Amadeus
I fucking dropped the show after this gay ass episode, because I knew right there that's how future episodes were gonna be like. And I was right too

The return of the killer furrybots were cool tho

Get the stick out of your ass, I just want something to entice me into watching again.

Damn, this is right up my alley. Thanks.

>"I watch Planet Chasers: Starlight Excellent all day, every day".
man, I forgot how fucking hilarious this shit was

>Regular Show
>die with dignity
Someone get this hotted head out of this place

The show's quality never fucking dropped you morons, you just think it did because the show relied on taking the mundane and twisting it into the absurd, and once you grew comfortable with it there was no more shock or novelty, causing you to think it started going downhill.

Kinda sad that both RS and AT have been good for some time now yet people are still complaining about shit from seasons ago. Some people just can't move on or they dropped the show and just need shit to complain about.

>ATfags and RSfags arguing about which CN show has better characterization and character development

I mean, you guys realize you're really just fighting over second place at best, right.

>The show's quality never fucking dropped

>0 reading comprehension
>calls others retarded

The show's quality dropped because of the gay romance drama no one asked for

youtube.com/watch?v=vbWfPYVZ9t4
Look at this cringe fest. Fuck Betacai.

Who let you out of your containment general SUfag?

I mean AT got better than it was at its worst, but before this season thing weren't great

all that stuff with Finn's dad and Gunther being a legendary space demon was kinda trash tier

and there are still kinda dumb threads that no one cares about like the Lich being a man-child or whatever that random elemental lady with the Ice King is now

the only interesting plot thread I can think of is Magic Man Betty

>Makes a retarded comment
>Gets called a retard

If it quacks like a duck....

>all that stuff with Finn's dad and Gunther being a legendary space demon was kinda trash tier
Both of those made sense though if you bothered to pay attention.
>I don't care for it so its dumb
Is all you're saying.

How was it trash? Were you expecting someone that abandoned their child and never bothered searching for him again to be cool? Gunther was first said to be the most evil thing to have ever been encountered. Wether they orginally planned to have him specifically be Orgalord is unlikelyx although hey may have been planning to do something with it. How about the plot revolving Susan that's coming up? We finally will know what happened to the humans.

>all the AT fags who hyped up the lore abaonded ship
Y'know that's really ironic, because the dyke pandering shipping is the only thing keeping it alive right now

The episodes that primarily feature bubbline have no difference in ratings to the ones that don't. Where did you even get this idea?

I just think it was all poorly executed

but that happens a lot when we combine plot and AT sadly

Nothing of value was lost.

For some off reason he thinks discussion on Sup Forums counts for all discussion of AT on the internet despite the fact that all that's discussed here is shipper and waifufaggotry, ts why Gumball can barely keep a thread up despite its acclaim while The Loud House and Star Vs have general with nobody discussing anything.

You've got to stop working at the park someday, user.

AT has never been plot heavy. The writers just wanted the audience to know that shit still happens, and actions have influence. You can still care about continuity even though nothing is really happening. Expecting DEEPEST LORE is the lorefags fault