Jessica Jones Season 2 to Have Multiple Villains

comicbookresources.com/article/jessica-jones-showrunner-teases-multiple-villains-for-season-2

So JJ Season 2 will have multiple villains. Here's my hope:
>Nuke will get expanded on
>Power Broker (Curtiss Jackson) will be introduced as the head of IGH and Karl Malus as the chief scientist and creator of the Nuke Pills
>Show kicks off with Jessica investing the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation, an underground fighting racket that pits super-powered people against one another
>Jessica befriends one of the fighters Dennis "Demolition" Dunphy (yes, fucking D-Man!) and realizes that the UCWF is associated with IGH and the strength enhancements given to the fighters are similar to the Nuke pills with mental and physical effects
>Jessica and Dennis bond over their traumas, with Jessica becoming a better person by helping those in a similar situation and becoming more open
>Lots of minor villains like the Grapplers and Armadillo can be included and Nuke can be tied in as well
>Would make for a great mystery and exploration of ethics, experimentation while continuing themes from first season
>Brings in action and more comic characters (while also making D-Man cool)

Thoughts?

What other villains? She already exhausted the ONLY fucking villain she ever had.

Jessica Jones is like a forced joke at this point.

what will actually happen:

>Jessica Jones and Luke Cage will bang for 12 episodes and then Jessica will give birth on episode 13

I just hope the adorable druggie comes back, I genuinely felt for him...until he got sober and got all boring.

But still hope he comes back.

Sounds good.

Oh fuck off.

the show was nothing like her comic
pretty loosely based, more like Inspired By

They can get super creative with detective stories in the underground/street-level world

Also keep in mind that this is Post Defenders and we don't know what the universe will look like in 2018

Pretty exciting to know they already have ideas being worked

Isn't he acting as her secretary/assistant, now?

Basically the core premise of Jessica (super-powered detective) is still a strong one that has the potential to be taken in a variety of different directions.

Not everything has to be 100% like the comic, especially characters have more untapped potential.

Malcom (the druggie guy you guys are talking about) is confirmed for an appearance in the Defenders crossover

>Basically the core premise of Jessica (super-powered detective) is still a strong one that has the potential to be taken in a variety of different directions.

I'd like it if they actually do play up her detective work next season. JJ started a detective but it didn't feel like a detective series. With multiple villians they can really expand on that

>JJ started a detective but it didn't feel like a detective series
Yeah I agree with this. Halfway through, the detective angle was gone and it was just her chasing Kilgrave, dealing with her demons and talking to Kilgrave victims

Also, was it me or did Jessica not ever really grow? She was the same snarky/sarcastic person before the car crash all the way up to present day. The Kilgrave victimization would've had more of an impact if she actually had a personality shift.

She did grow a little, enough to be noticeable, but not so much it was unrealistic. At the start she is deep in the bottle, pushes everyone away, and is pretty much apathetic towards everything. By the end of the season she drinks a lot, has let a small group of people into her life, and grudgingly allows her desire to help people creep in.

Have to remember they will be letting her 'grow' over several seasons and in the Defenders too.

And if they do the Pulse storyline, we might at least get a crossover with the Daily Bugle cast, provided they will be in Spider-Man, so that could be fun.

Is the pilot the only slow episode of the first season? Shit turned me off pretty hard

No, I'd describe the pace as 'slow build' right up until the last half a dozen episodes. I liked the pacing, but I can see it bothering some people.

>She did grow a little, enough to be noticeable, but not so much it was unrealistic

But did she grow from before that? It seemed like pre Kilgrave fucking with her, she was still the same bottled in, apathetic towards everything person.

>And if they do the Pulse storyline, we might at least get a crossover with the Daily Bugle cast, provided they will be in Spider-Man, so that could be fun.

I doubt the movie side will let them use the Bugle or Spidey, so maybe the newspaper place Ben Urich and Karen work at?

>he Kilgrave victimization would've had more of an impact if she actually had a personality shift.

She was so deeply damaged over what Killgrave did to her that there was no way she was ever going to develop into a "nice" person. her arc was less about that and more about actually opening herself up to her friends and accepting help for her issues.

The whole show is pretty slow, and I say this as a fan. If you don't like slow-burning character noir it's not going to do anything for you.

And when i mean slow-burning, I mean Rectify or the Americans slow-burning. That's an acquired taste.

Doesn't the show drag in the last couple of episodes?

The pacing is kinda hit-or-miss depending on the episode. Hopefully Season 2 is more consistent.

>talking to Kilgrave victims

Fuck you it was a really nice jacket.

Dope ideas

D-Man in the MCU? Me likey

Defenders isn't going to affect anything

They're going to make D-Man black.

I watched the first 2 episodes an decided it was trash. Is this show worth watching?

I get the feeling they'll save Nuke for Defenders, a cyborg captain america knockoff would be pretty good for a 'shit gets real' antagonist that is able to get the drop on the whole team without blowing suspension of disbelief

they better deliver on that Stilt-Man teaser DDs2 had

Nah man, it wastes any good ideas and everyone acts retarded almost intentionally.

Find out for yourself you lemming

The issue is, they are playing Luke pretty straight, and Nuke has nothing that can get past his invulnerability. I'm having a hard time seeing how there will be any villain that won't just end up 'tied' with Luke in a one-on-one with everyone else mopping up mooks or unconscious. Powers wise, Jessica is the only one to come close in strength, and Danny has his chi-fist, but these are purely offensive. Matt, Jess, Danny (and Frank?) have taken/will take nasty hits from normal humans.

Luke is really the only 'powerful' superhuman on the team. Any villain that can give him a challenge should push in the rests shit. Any that can beat him down, even if it's not easy, makes their contributions irrelevant. You think a thrown club from Daredevil will so much as tickle?

Case in point, Jessica fleeing for her fucking life until she was damn near forced to kill him via plot device, utterly unable to do a single thing to him that would even slow him down. And from a pure 'power' angle, she will be the second strongest on the team (even if Danny would beat the ever loving shit out of her, since she only knows how to brawl.)

Probably take on some of Luke Cage's villains also.

Luke isn't invincible just because you can't pierce his skin. There's many ways to kill someone other than shooting or stabbing them.

They really made Purple man less scary in the show by making him obsessed with Jessica.In the book and like my own abuser they just saw her as a trivial thing to fuck around with and then when they got sick of her they got rid of her.He doesnt care about her at all after that and goes on to do other sick shit only coming back into her life when he breaks out of prison with other prisoners.The show makes him this pathetic lovesick fanny that does a ton of shit because of her and wants her back.

I'm genuinely curious where they will go, because they spend 80% of the show talking about Kilgrave.

Thing is, they made Purple Man less intimidating when his second appearance is them tranqing him.

So how many times are they going to incapacitate the villain only for him to get out this season?

No, but he is resistant to the point of it being ludicrous to the one thing that makes an interesting fight scene, y'know, being hit or shot?

You can gas him, electrocute him, or other shit, but that's used for 'oh, what shall our heroes do now?' moments.

And Luke has far beyond 'impenetrable skin'. that's just what people regurgitate. Nigger has decent grade super strength (see; the Luke Cage trailer where he pulls off a car door and effortlessly bends it around someone, and busts through doors), and an actual level of invulnerability (it took the concussive force of a shotgun blast directly to the head to take him out, and he still survived it).

Cage isn't out of place on the Avengers roster, if we are being honest. If he actually learned to fight rather than just riding his powers, he would be a mid-tier superhero rather than just street level. You could even argue he is street level by location and choice, rather than gifting.

I want Kilgrave to return in the last 3-4 episodes but mainly just taunting her here and there like he had in the first episode of Season 1.

Make him full purple. He only made Jessica believe she killed him. He actually just got away

Or they just wanted to get some of the more obvious means of stopping him over and done with. The "why doesn't batman just kill/cripple/rape the joker" bit. It's his ability to create contingencies so that innocent people die if you mess with him is one of the things that helped his character, just like how you never know who he might have under his control. Just ask Nuke.

No, I mean, tranquilizing him so early made him seem like less of a threat. You don't have your villain get taken out so early if you want them to seem like they're intimidating.

>Kilgrave to return

He's dead

In the comics at least, he had a healing factor, and a broken neck is pretty minor considering that. So, yeah, he is 'dead' for now, they can always use it to hand wave a return.

You knwo what I want out of Defenders? The Hand to res Kilgrave and he's fucking pissed.

I read 2 sentences and decided you were trash. Are you worth anything?

"""""" """"""

dead man walking

>She already exhausted the ONLY fucking villain she ever had.

The best part is that it's not even her own villain, Purple Man is a Daredevil villain.

The problem is not that he was lovesick.
I'll compare him to the character from the other show Rosenberg worked on. This guy was solely motivated by affection (okay, that's more of brotherly love but still an unusual kind of affection for a sociopath) and he was menacing as hell.

Kilgrave came off as absolutely pathetic in every scene he's in. Not the kind of pathetic you want your villain to be too.
I don't care how OP he is, it's hard to find a wussy idiot like that intimidating.
The "bad at stand-up comedy" bit doesn't make me feel like it's humanizing Kilgrave or showing how scary he is in his pettiness. It makes me wonder why the fuck this clown is a main villain.

>Jessica and Dennis bond over their traumas, with Jessica becoming a better person by helping those in a similar situation and becoming more open.

So Kilgrave groups gets a repeat in this season?

I think Man Mountain Marko was in one or two issues of Alias...

But he's a Spider-Man character.

Don't fucking remind me.
>MMM threatening to rape Jessica's corpse because WE MATURE COMICS NAO
This scene was pure cringe.

Yeah.

He might have otherwise made for a decent antagonist for her, given that his whole "thing" is that he's a machismo-obsessed meathead due to an inferiority complex.

>suggest a wrestling plot
>ctrl-f screaming mimi
>phrase not found

C'mon, people!

Is D-Man gonna give her the D?

>D-Man
HYPE!

this all sounds pretty good, and I was expecting it to be about MGH, er IGH. One thing I really wanted from it is one of these drug gangs feeding the drugs to Cloak and Dagger but they are getting a shitty family love story instead of their actual dark origin. Maybe she can find and rescue other children like some of the Runaways?

I find it both hilarious and interesting how the villains become genuinely scary and threatening when they aren't on comics starring in brightly colored spandex, even if the protagonist still has powers. It's almost like capeshit is utterly ridiculous but twisted villains and 'magic powers' are timeless or something.

>become genuinely scary
There isn't a single genuinely scary villain in any of cape adaptation, you fucking faggot.

Yeah remember how cool that was for Daredevil?

Oh yeah, it wasn't. The only cool thing about daredevil s2 was the punisher.

Punisher was overrated shit.
The only good thing was Kingpin finally stopping being a pathetic manchild and becoming more like in the comics.

Punisher wasn't overrated at all senpai.
The point is though, multiple villains in a single season tends to not be a good idea. There's a bit of loss of focus.

>the Grapplers

NO! Songbird is too good for this show!

He is.
Every scene with him was goddamn boring. Not that Hand shit was any better.

It's really not.

In your humble opinion, right?

Season 1 of Daredevil had multiple threats and it was great. The Russians, Madam Gao, the Hand, Owl and all of Kingpin's other followers

Well I guess, since edgelord Frankfags on Sup Forums ride his boring dick like there's no tomorrow.

Witty kiddo

>Marvel Netflix will have a bunch of different characters get the spotlight, culminating in an epic team up!
>LOL just kidding, enjoy Jessica Jones season 2 and Daredevil season 3.

Do you think Marvel will take the chance of making fun of FoX for not using wolverine costume ?

After all D-man costume is a copy of wolverine Orange costume.

The usual JJ episode:
>Jessica drinking
>Jessica having a hangover
>the annoying neighbours being annoying
>the junkie neighbor being a junkie
>Killgrave being the baddie in the shadows
>Luke Cage being very disquietingly erotic
>JJ's irritating friend being irritating
>Carrie Ann Moss making butchy dyke faces
>rinse and repeat

Not bring back Kilgrave why even live.

>Killgrave being a complete joke while the show is desperately tries to convince you he's scary
FTFY

>After all D-man costume is a copy of wolverine Orange costume.

No, it's a copy of Daredevil's red and yellow costume, with Wolverine's mask.
And UCWF D-Man looks like this anyway, although it sounds more like they're doing the Captain America storyline with UCWF.

I only like shows where everyone is completely skitzo and act completely different from one minute to the next.

You literally just described the characters...its not a "monster of the week" series at ALL, the season is one long story.....

dumbass

I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

Well, maybe they'll have enough material to fill a full season this time.

>Dennis "Demolition" Dunphy (yes, fucking D-Man!)

make it happen

>yfw we live in an age where we will see live-action Stilt-Man walk across the screen.

god damn, he's so dead

>kiddo

Disregarded.

>She already exhausted the ONLY fucking villain she ever had.
They never used Mountain Man Marko.

>UCWF
>D-man
>Armadillo
Holy shit I didn't know it was possible but they actually got me excited for a new season of JJ.

>Power broker in the MCU

what a time to be alive

lol, because comic adaptations hate redheads?

Yeah, carrying over some minor thematic elements in the second season, but much more personal between Jessica and Dennis

OP here, essentially the UC plot would springboard into I G being the main villains after discovering the strength enhancements IGH supplies and the similarities to the Nuke pills

*IGH

>Power Broker (Curtiss Jackson)
50 Cent is in this?

kek

I don't give a shit.
>Show kicks off with Jessica investing the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation
I GIVE THE BIGGEST SHIT

Will armadillo ride a horse?

MCU stilt-man is some black ganster, so I dont think so

>Marvel gets backs the rights to FF
>Makes a Thing movie about Ben dominating super-hero wrestling
>Ends with him fighting the Champion to save the Earth where Thor & Hulk fail

PLEASE

>MCU stilt-man is some black ganster

WHY

Gunn called dibs.
We're getting Defenders before either of these feggit.
What you thought they'd just stop there?

:yano:

Turk Barrett is a different guy

Power Broker? The guy that made an app to hire henchmen?

Get over it, pissbaby.

What the fuck is Gunn going to do with Songbird? She was never part of the Guardians and putting her on the team because he likes her is fucking dumb.