Who /hype/?

Who /hype/?
Bluray/dvd comes out today.

Extras aren't great, but there is a 30 minute making-of featurette. Really wish they would have included deleted scenes though.

Wasn't it an attempt to remake the anime shot-by-shot? I haven't seen it in so long (10+ years) I really can't remember what was different. Wondering what the deleted scenes would be.

I liked the film, I don't know why so many didn't.

They did change elements of the plot concerning the project 2501 and the "puppet master", but you make a good point.

>release: August 7
today is July 25, dude

it ended abruptly

robo dude had no masterstroke revenge plot, he just died

Yeah, I guess that's true. It revealed who he was then he died, that's it.

Is Ghost in the Shell 2 good? I didn't even know it existed a few days ago.

>the absolute state of this capeshit jew loving board
Scarjo is dogshit

>Wasn't it an attempt to remake the anime shot-by-shot?
hell no its way too far from it.
More like best off everything GITS.

shame
because the visuals and worldbuilding are 10/10

>best off everything GITS.
>can't even do that well

The movie was nothing but memorable scenes picked from various GITS material,while watching I was going "i know that" and "hey i remember this".
It was ok movie but could have been so much more if it wasnt for "Shanghai Film Group".

No

Still waiting for YIFY.

dumb britbong

Scarlett Johanson should've never been cast. She's just way too mediocre of an actress.

It is shitty movie.

I genuinely liked this film. Sad, that dumb millenials memed it into a bomb, delaying our chance to crawl out of the capeshit pit for several more years.

This. I love the movies, Sac, you name it. And this movie has love put into it. It didn't deserve to flop.

REMINDER THAT THE ONLY ONES WHO LIKE THIS FILM ARE SHILLS
DON'T FALL FOR IT

reminder that the only ones who hate this film are shills, too.

>Wondering what the deleted scenes would be.
More stuff with japanese Motoko and Kuze and the origami cranes a motif.

Also an extended version of the dump truck scene with high velocity ammo.

It was ok but I don't think I ever want to see it again.

Derp, forgot my picture

This film was nowhere near as bad as Sup Forums led me to believe. Decent to good overall.

She looks like that half-asian Russian girl Katya.

Her scenes with Batou were my favorites. Her physicality in action scenes lacked. I don't think she was that bad overall.

Buying it tomorrow. Getting the limited edition release which comes with cards for each character.

Batou was 10/10 in this and I wish they'd do a spin off with him

And the deleted spiritual scene with the monks which is also shown in the book that you posted from here
I own that book. It's a good read if you are into sci fi filmmaking. Makes me feel sad for the makers of this movie who spent so much dedication and it didn't do well at the box office.

In my opinion: the reason not many bothered to go see it is because the trailers didn't make you hyped at all. I was only hyped with the 3rd trailer. Unless you are a fan then you wouldn't have paid much attention to this but once you see it, you will understand how underrated it is and how good each character is. If it had a better trailer than more would have seen it

The world building actually sucked. The city looked fake. Too much CGI and ridiculous people walking around like at a fashion show. The last part was so dark, it was just ugly

She and Batou had fun chemistry. Needed some more scenes between them.

Film needed more action with Batou.

Loved the scene with Batou sitting with his dog. Right out of the anime.

When I saw it in the cinemas, there was this anime fan who kept on squirming every time a reference was made to the original anime

He is shown in a interview saying to make a Hollywood movie you need money, to get money you need dumb ideas

I think the scenes with Major and Batou were genuinely good, emotional in a good way. Not too overblown. Not lovers, just friends and it felt genuine the relationship they had.

I was so surprised by this on my rewatch.

I've seen the original film and consider it great. This is very much less so, decent/good film but with some shining moments (the shining moments were not what I expected them to be on my rewatch).

I'd love to watch a detective series with this cast.

As someone who was born and lived in HK it was obvious to me where everything was shot so it sort of broke immersion for me
Otherwise, as a GITS fan I was satisfied with it, though I don't know if it warrants multiple viewings like how I watched the first GITS anime movie like every month

They had 0 chemistry

All dialogues in the movie were terrible

Movie was half-baked, but I still enjoyed it. GITS:SAC remains the supreme GITS installment.

I'm honestly just upset I don't have an OLED yet.

This movie will be god tier on OLED.

>tfw top tier LG OLED.
It looked p. good.

She was cute and needed more screen time

this
Fuck the redditors in this thread.

Yes, Oshii wasn't interested in making it until the studio gave him free reign to do what he wanted or they were going to go ahead with it anyway. It's his ode to frech lit and cinema, perfect kino

??? Katya is ten times more attractive than this haggard cunt.

Its already out

any 4k rips out yet ?

Why would I be hype about a retail version of something that's online for free?

need a blu-ray version with the original anime movie inside too !

are cyborgs considered capeshit now? i don't remember motoko standing with her hands on her hips and her tits thrust out and her cape flapping in the wind and saying "Metropolis is safe.. but for how long?"

Anime is a lower level than capeshit.

Its like you faggots have no idea how money works.
The haggard cunt is the only this movie exists.
They didnt make it for the weaboos, they made it because she put her hand up to wear the bodysuit and hold the guns while the slo-mo camera rolls.
Thats what people want to see. It may not be what we want to see, but its the reason why it got made.

I really wish all of section 9 got more screen time tbqh senpai

Even if it was a 3hour movie, there wouldnt be enough time.
Unlike the series, where each character gets a dedicated episode to flesh them out.

Just another one of those films with high production value but a bland and superficial copy paste story without any originality to be found in it, similar to Kong: Skull Island for example.

>posts this and proceeds to watch capeshit joint #137

I guess. It hurts knowing there is no chance of a sequel or spin off

what a qt.

I didn't think he died. I thought he uploaded himself somewhere or something. Cause he said he'll see Major again right before his eyes turned white.

Kong: Skull Island was also made by "Shanghai Film Group".
Notice the pattern yet?

Guys its not a fucking mystery,part of him is still in her because he uploaded (jej) once inside her.

b