The last time Superman had his own cartoon was almost 20 years ago. Why

The last time Superman had his own cartoon was almost 20 years ago. Why

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qe0gt60rNHI
youtube.com/watch?v=WIpz-wrxxzc
youtube.com/watch?v=m7iz3PgO1Ic
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Superman isn't for kids. He's a dark and tormented Christ allegory.

t.snyder

Well his movies have been pretty bad. Don't even see why he deserves one. Just bring back JL or YJ.

every cartoon has to make fun of tropes now, sincerity is super uncool

>Batman will hook up Lois at some point between BvS and MoS2

Yes, this has to happen

youtube.com/watch?v=qe0gt60rNHI

Superman sucks.

t.whedon

Superman is a bit difficult to write. How do you provide challenge to someone like him?

The 90s cartoon had the right idea by depowering him.

The last cartoon WITH Superman was in 2010. Think about that even more.

They should make a brave and bold version of Superfamily cartoon.

>batman brave and the bold

I'd watch the hell out of that, with superdickery title cards.

>How do you provide challenge to someone like him?
The same way you provide challenge to characters like Thor, Silver surfer, Spectre and all those other powerful characters.

oh wait, was he even in that??

He'll be in Justice league action now.

yes

How the heck is he anything like Christ?

ask Snyder

I don't have his number

The world is run by batfags and edlgelords.

because it would be a snooze

outside of kryptonite and magic you can't expect me to feel any sort of emotion when Superman is involved

ITT morons.
youtube.com/watch?v=WIpz-wrxxzc
youtube.com/watch?v=m7iz3PgO1Ic

Action cartoons are all but dead, nowadays suits only want extremely cheap comedy series.

>Man Who Has Everything

god that looks so fucking bad

>Thor
No cartoon.

>Silver Surfer
Weird cartoon that only lasted 13 episodes.

>Spectre
No cartoon.

So that settles that, then!

Except the Thor movies might as well be called the Loki Saga (with Sif constantly being underused, despite being better than Jane)

Thor himself isn't interesting

Yeah but once you get off the retarded premise/first episode it was a pretty fun show

Whedon hates Superman? I never thought I could hate this man more than I already do and yet here I am

The only people I know irl who don't think of Superman as an overpowered boy scout are the people who've actually taken the time to read some Superman comics. He's just not that appealing to people anymore.

>Hates Superman
>Hates The Punisher
just where exactly on the spectrum is this guy?

>TEEVEE REEEEEEEEEE

Thanks for sharing.

That wasn't Superman's cartoon, it was the Legion's and it just happened to have Superman in it like Justice League.

Everytime I talk about Superman with someone they always say shit like

>hurr Superman is too overpowered he has no weaknesses

It's a great show, I've seen people in this board put up with worse looking stuff.

he can make it real

Post crisis Superman also have the shittiest fanbase, so they kinda deserve it. They're the reason why we're stuck with a Superman with no supporting cast.

Is he Bizarro Ennis, or the other way around?

The showrunners of Beware the Batman originally wanted to make a World's Finest cartoon, but the suits thought it wasn't the "right time" for that.

Superman was still the main character.

He has to use his powers in ingenious ways to solve seemingly impossible situations while not letting anybody die and keeping his identity a secret.
There are hundreds of stories like this in the comics but the adaptations tend to portray him as a brute when his main trait is supposed to be his intelligence (at least when it comes to improvisation).
The closest to this kind of story is when he has to deal with Mr. Mxyzptlk, but he needs to be ingenous in general.
He doesn't have to be in physical danger himself when everybody around him is.

>not noticing space Jesus-parallels

You really need to wake up.

But Bibbo is back.

Fucking this, I don't know why everybody has such a hard time understanding how superman stories should work.

He's a Moses allegory more than anything, but the savior element is still a large part of his character. He has been compared to an angel more than once in his publication history. In Azzarello's For Tomorrow story, he consulted a priest on the moral ethics of his recent choices.

He came from the heavens to show us we can be saved. That's the long and short of it.

He likes Claremont X-Men.

They are both super powered and fictional.

Because he won't fuck Supergirl

Because we prefer a more realistic, street-level hero like Batman, who has soloed literal gods on numerous occasions with NO preptime and currently owns a magic chair giving him all the information in the universe.

It was actually pretty good.

>tfw the Legion grew up and got fit a, but you did not

This pretty much, senpai. Making Kara his cousin was mistake #5 on the Superman mistake train.

All I know about Claremont is that he ruined Excalibur.
So that's fucking disgusting.

*Exiles

I want a feature length cartoon movie about the Millennium Giants event.

I feel ya.
Fuckin casuals.

Would Superman still be electric red and electric blue in this movie?

If that's really all you know about Claremont (and you even got the series you're complaining about wrong), you aren't capable of participating in this discussion.

Of course, and there'd still be 3-4 other Supermen running around, as I think Eradicator, Superboy(90s), and Steel were still active.

He doesn't hate Superman.

Because Warner Brothers and Bruce Timm hate Superman

Fuck I loved this show it had a godamn Space ghost cameo god this show was great

The chair is on the moon

I never claimed to be an authority, you dismissive cunt, and I instantly corrected my mistake (a dozen X-books with similar names, and you come down on me for mixing them up?). In any case, there is no discussion, and, for what it's worth, his Excalibur mini happened to be even worse than his Exiles stuff.
Maybe do me a favour and don't come up for air next time.

Somebody's a little angry that they screwed up.