What the fuck is his origin bros?

What the fuck is his origin bros?

He killed Aquaman's father. Aquaman killed his father.

He lives undah da sea

cheers

You ever look at somebody and it feels like time slows down and you thing "oh my god, that's the one?"

Imagine that, but hatred.

so he is just autistic with aquaman

Not, user, it goes beyond mere autism.

An origin would just diminish him.

I unabashedly love how clear cut his motivation and character is. To devote every single fiber of his being to torture Aquaman and make his life a living hell, with no pretense of ulterior motives or some other bullshit. It's not some inferiority complex combined with fear of the unknown like with Lex in regards to Supes, or the endless game of cat and mouse with Bats and Joker, he simply hates the man for having slain his father and he'll never let it go. To be so utterly devoted to one man's downfall, if nothing else his tenacity is admirable.

It's also a basic parallel that works design wise. The aquatic hero who's literally a fishman must fend off his most dangerous opponent, the fisherman who guts sea life to his heart's content. Sometimes simplicity can be endearing and in this case I think it goes a long way in making both Aquaman and Manta worth following title wise.

Really enjoy how Abnett's handled them both and their relationship so far. Alongside Mera they're the pillars of that entire mythos, and I think those three alone are great to read about when done well.

>posts previous continuity
Beyond pathetic.

my name is black manta

you killed my father

welcome to hell

origin done

He hates Aquaman. That's his whole deal.

Over time, he's come up with elaborate false backstories for himself to troll Aquaman.

>Claimed he wanted to create a safe haven for black people in the ocean where they'd be safe from persecution so people would think Aquaman is racist.

>Claiming to be a former child slave who was being raped on a ship's deck while Aquaman passed by swimming with dolphins and ignored him, so people would think Aquaman is an asshole

>Claimed he's autistic so people would think Aquaman is a dick who beats up the disabled.

He also killed Aquaman's son, continuously tried to fuck Aquaman's wife, actually fucked Aquaman's evil sister-in-law and Aquaman later sort-of adopted his son, cut off Aquaman's hand like twice, killed all of Aquaman's friends, and once murdered a store full of people because he saw a picture of Aquaman on TV.

It's literally some form of sea-autism.

that sounds boring though. i like my villains conflicted.
>inb4 i don't give a fuck about what you like
true but i still wanted to express my opinion

Why doesn't Aquaman just kill Black Manta?

he has .

I know he is badass and such but I just can't take seriously a villain with a helmet like that.

He is Ahab to Aquaman's Moby Dick
he is fisher man try to conquest the sea
or he's just very hateful and Aquaman is poor bastard who Manta try to pin all his hate to him

I hate aquaman mostly because I've been a sailor all my life, he's always like "don't touch my water!, let my fish alone! ewgh landpeople". fuck him, the sea is free, it's not some fucking country that belongs to some "king".
I almost fucking cried of joy when supes took his whole city and dropped it into the fucking desert.

He's black.

what comic bro?

Autistic child who was molested by sailors, apparently. Also this in the n52.

Injustice

He is really pissed at Aquaman

He was raped by a gang of dolphins

Black Manta's hatred is so great that he came back as some shark entity.

Also #BlackLivesMatter

You might like the current book. It's all about how hard Aquaman is trying to bring peaceful relations between Land countries and the sea. He's essentially an ambassador who is trying really hard to make it work while everyone else is trying their hardest to fuck it up.

Wait what.

I've read fuck all in terms of Aquaman outside of his New 52 series when did this happen?

More like Black Manta is trying his damnedest to fuck it up and both the Atlanteans and Humans don't trust each other worth anything after the events of Throne of Atlantis.

I don't have that page on me, but the page that shows without aquaman he becomes an upstanding dude that runs a regular restaurant, followed up with the discovery that aquaman is back which causes him to kill everyone so he can get all ramped up to go mess aquaman up is great.

This the one?
Fantastic scene.

Reminder that Black Manta is autistic as fuck.

Motherfucker just really fucking hates aquaman, dont he

The one prior to new 52 even had autism and was cured by Aquaman, then still attacked.

Manta is the Professor Zoom to Aquaman and it is glorious.

He hates Superman now, too.

Not really, just making a joke.