Other urls found in this thread:

themarysue.com/supercorp-shippers-rise-up/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=31N4QGYJUZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Deranged.

>bending over backwards to apologize only for the apology not to be accepted
there is nothing you can say to please these people

>not angry at the overall garbage that the show is or the horrific finale

Why did these people get mad about a relationship they made up in their heads not being true?

The customer is always right

How dare they not listen to their fans

So two female character's not being gay now qualifies as homophobia?

CW outright ruined supernatural by acknowledging and then pandering to these assholes

I didn't know you were allowed to openly deride your viewers like this. Even if they are insufferable babies they're still your viewers and pissing them off is the last thing you'd want to do. Anyways, I feel bad for The CW's PR team. It's just one disaster after another.

Clearly he assumed people watching capeshit and writing lesbian fanfic about the characters would have a sense of humor

Fuck I'd love to give Morgana my cummies

Please don't talk like that outside of Sup Forums

>impromptu musical summary of season 2
Yeah, no. The writers put this together and you know they rehearsed it.

>themarysue.com/supercorp-shippers-rise-up/
>This weekend at Comic-Con, the cast of Supergirl was asked by MTV’s Josh Horowitz to do an improvised musical recap of the show’s second season. At one point, Jeremy Jordan, who plays Winn, sings about how Kara met a “new friend,” Lena Luthor (played by Katie McGrath). He then looks into the camera and yell-sings “They’re only friends! They’re only friends! They’re not gonna get together! They’re only friends.”

>As you might have guessed, a lot of fans did not find Jordan’s joke funny.

>While Jordan thought he was just making a harmless joke, “debunking” the “Supercorp” relationship, he has a fundamental misunderstanding of why shipping is so important to LGBTQIA fans.

>[ETA: For the unfamiliar, “shipping” is when fans imagine a relationship (often times romantic) between characters that may or may not have been overtly intended by their writers or creators.]

>LGBTQ+ representation is severely lacking on television, and respectful, fully developed queer relationships even more so. So fans will sometimes root for and support the relationships they want to see onscreen. Just because it isn’t planned by the show’s creators, or official canon, that doesn’t make it less important to fans.

>And the very last thing those fans need is to be laughed at by someone on the show.

They take it too seriously, shipping is cancer.

>t’s worth noting that in the full video of the interview, McGrath voices a much more open response to the Supercorp shippers. She says that while she and Melissa Benoist didn’t expect this reaction to their onscreen friendship, she sees it as totally valid. “The great thing about what we do is, like any art, anybody can read into it what they want and take from it, so you can see anything and take from it what you like. And that’s what’s great about this show. There are so many different ways to see everything. And if that’s what you see in it, you know, take it away. It’s art.”

>Jordan, though, took to Instagram to address people’s displeasure with his comments. He apologizes, but insists that people are misinterpreting his intentions.

>Again, Jordan seems to be misunderstanding what the problem was. His apology still reads as incredibly dismissive of the feelings of fans, ultimately boiling down to “you got it wrong.”

Why does Mary Sue feel the need for like 30 quotes from twitter for this shit? What the fuck is LGBT after the T? There are a lot more mental illness letters sitting after it.

In my fantasy I am married and have a lovely family with Rooney Mara where we sit down and play with Lego. How dare you explicitly say that it is not the case, this relationship is very important to me and I expect everyone to acknowledge it. This is my interpretation AND IT IS VALID!

>LGBTQ+ representation is severely lacking on television, and respectful, fully developed queer relationships
Wouldn't two girls just be lesbians?

>a fundamental misunderstanding of why shipping is so important to LGBTQIA fans.

They may have a fundamental misunderstanding of reality and how to consume and digest fiction in a sane way that doesn't lead to mental illness and routine suicidal thoughts.

Pretty fucking funny given that shippers were really against Kara dating Jimmy for reasons that were obviously rooted in racism

nuh-uh, he just wasn't right for her on an emotional level

please don't pretend Sup Forums or Sup Forums related threads on the board matter

>This is literally my marriage and why we're getting divorced.

That man is getting his life back. "Time to center this conversation around me."

>tfw a shipper myself

Is this the new fandom Supernatural shippers went to?

The showrunners deserve this.

Theyve earned it.

Pander to this minuscule demographic once, and you deserve every mentally deranged complaint they throw your way.

You'd be better off ignoring them at every turn.

hook needs to nuke this shit board already fucking christ

I'm a shipper too. The ones trying to force their ship into canon are cancer.

The only good ship is a non-canon ship. Everyone knows that.

I'm trying hard to understand but I don't.

The LGBT community is so fucking annoying

If they were in a homosexual relationship would they be fine with straight shippers?

fuck off you annoying cunt

>th-there are already enough straight relationships. Pl-please don't take this away from us

>LGBTQ+ representation is severely lacking on television
this cant possibly be true. All those letters make up a tiny % of the population.

Shippers are cancer, slightly worse than waifufags even, and the worst part of any given community.

NO!!!!!!!!!

my number one fantasy is to create an amazing work that gets really famous just so i can dump on retarded shippers

yes i know thats pathetic

noble dream tbqh

There's a very simple solution to this: stop writing in meaningless subtext to lure people into watching your show. The CW is the undisputed champ of this shit. Like one user said, they brought it on to themselves.

people see subtext everywhere tho

>LGBT

Missed a few letters there shitlord

Like 20 or so

Supergirl needs all the publicity it can get. The showrunners are loving the "controversy".

Thanks for posting the summary. I wasn't about to click on the clickbait.

Jesus shittycocking Christu, do these rabid foaming vulvas not realise what they call "shipping" is more accurately called "Queer bating"???

Leading viewers to believe that two characters might have a gay relationship just to get people to watch a show. Used to be looked down upon. Now people are harassed for not doing it.

They're more pissed at how the actors reacted to them being shipped than the ship not being real.

>>The initialism LGBTTQQIAAP (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, ally, pansexual) has also resulted

There's some truly absurd ones though, that everyone accepts are a joke.

LGBTIQCAPGNGFNBA?
LGBTTQQFAGPBDSM
LGBTQQIP2SAA

etc

I'm assuming this supergirl has generally behaved as a straight person. So her then doing gay stuff would put her in some sort of vague sexual grey area = queer. If she was like "I like both" she'd be bi. If she said "I like girls no" = gay.

She has never been anything but staright

Shippers believe that women cannot be friends, so unless they are scratching each other's eyes out and fighting over boys, the default position is that they're secretly gay

There's plenty of outrage about queerbaiting.

>LGPTABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXY&Z+

what's funny is that this is all a competition to be either the most offended or inclusive. No matter what you say or do you're offending one or another group, regardless of how small that group is

>Don't step on the toes of the dog lovers, cat lovers, doctors, lawyers, merchant chiefs, Mormons, Baptists, Unitarians, second-generation Chinese, Swedes, Italians, Germans, Texans, Brooklynites, Irishmen, people from Oregon or Mexico The bigger your market, Montag, the less you handle controversy

So what audience does Supergirl have left at this point?

They're also hard at shipping Jimmy and Wynn.

Or were, before this debacle anyway.

>She has never been anything but staright
It is Lena's fault. She keeps giving the sex eyes to Kara.

They need to call a conclave of all the gray, trans, whatever communities and decide once and for all on a single acronym, or decide to collectively all use Queer as a catch-all for "not the norm"

Me

Except no one ships Kara and her other female friends / step sister.

Gay people are usually self important cunts about most anything. I don't care if a person is gay, but I do care if they're cunts, so I dislike most gays I've met. I'm not ashamed to put it like that.

OCD weirdos like me who also still watch Agents of SHIELD because it's still technically part of the DCEU / MCU

This.

It's why jon x sansa for GoT is cancer

>I have no problem with black people, I just don't want to be friends with anyone oorer or of lower education than myself
>I'm TOTALLY not a racist though guys

This people want to feel special no matter what, you think a label that encapsulates them would be ok with them?

I like Queer being adopted as a catch-all. It's poetic, it has symbolic meaning, and it covers everyone because it's not specific to a particular group

I dunno about those gay shippers, but as a straight man who dropped this show because it got utterly insufferable, some hot Kara x Lena action would literally be the only thing that'd make me consider picking it up again for season 3.

Benoist worshipers

mentally ill retards getting upset over fictional characters. twitter is probably the worst invention in recent history.

I wish these people would look into the mirror every once in a while and see the sadness of their lives for what it is. I assume most of these people are women so it's too much to ask I suppose

Yeah, unlike you they probably haven't made that their daily routine yet.

>LGBTQIA
Why tf do they keep adding letters?

Good zinger mate, I was expecting that

Other minorities get enough support, that the collective has to amalgamate them

There's actually 2 A's, one for Asexual and one for Allies - because straight people felt left out and wanted a letter too

if the show wasnt already shit tier due to pandering to niche demographics they wouldnt be desperate for "controversy"

Gay/les shipping fans are the most crazy people i ever met.

Lena and Kara acting like lovestruck teenagers whenever they're near one another doesn't really help.

>Lena and Kara acting like lovestruck teenagers whenever they're near one another

This is what shippers believe

They don't though?

That man is getting any kids he has given to that stupid cunt and losing half of his money and valuables, if he's lucky.

Remember goys, it doesn't affect you.
Now bake that cake.

People don't just start shipping shit for no reason for the most part. There's usually some subtext that people pick up on and Supergirl has it as user-kun here demonstrates.

People take two women being friends and fabricate subtext

Ae they not satisfied with all that bullshit relationship drama betwen Alex and Maggie every single week?

So if you're a showrunner, what's the best way to deal with an SJW backlash like this?

You can't. YOu avoid it in the first place by having black, gay, trans & disabled people in your show. Have everyone just treat the like they don't even notice, then have them all have sex scenes

>but guys, i'm one of you, didn't you see all my thinly veiled anti-trump episodes?

Make a good enough show that you don't have to depend on their views solely to stay on the air

shes kinda ugg desu

poppycock

You have to 100% reject their ideas and never back down an inch

this.

This is why no one likes women.

jesus fucking christ. this article is FULL of bullshit. underrepresentation of the LGBT community? for real? how many percent of the american population are gay and how many percent of the supergirl cast are? give me a fucking break

the guy was totally right to say the things he did at comic-con. supergirl at ALL times shown to be straight in the show so why should anyone from the cast acknowledge the retarded fans? if someone was telling homosexual people that "IT WOULD BE SO AWESOME IF YOU WERE STRAIGHT WITH THIS PERSON!!!", homosexuals all over the place would be whining their asses off online. why is it okay to talk shit about people and to literally WISH they were homosexual but when pointing out that said people are straight, suddenly you're an asshole?

man, americans are deranged as FUCK

Why don't they just go back and watch poofter kino with CIA if the lgbtiqtspigbgteia needs their fix? Leave my capeshit shit alone.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=31N4QGYJUZg

You ignore it. These SJW are just a vocal minority, as always.

And they will continue watching, despite what they say.

And they will forget pretty soon either way. These bitches always jump from one absurd issue to the next.

Because LGBTQQIAAP+ people are not tokens.

The show should include thm prominantly, but not be a show ABOUT being LGBTetc., they should be integrated into all mainstream entertainment

If I'm being honest I wouldn't mind seeing THICC luthor dominate supergirl and her sultry, curvy neck.

Where is the war to get these two together? They already act like they fuck off camera and she's the only actress ollie has any chemistry with

They look like two heterosexual white people

Surely you're mistaken user

SG's neck should have its own show.

this show has fans? other than ryona fetishists i mean

Have a good relationship with fakenews sites so they don't actually report on the insane people that post in the comment sections of youtube videos. There were always crazy fans. The only time you hear about it is when clickbait sites want to make it a story.