What is your opinion of the show Ancient Aliens?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j9w-i5oZqaQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Entertaining bullshit

I remember when tlc, history, natgeo, etc actually had informative serious shows. The absolute state of cable television...

very good show, states the truth as it ought to be

It's pretty good

love this show! but why do they always have to be ancient

pure history kino

Scientifically accurate.

Garbage, xeno scum loving

>but why do they always have to be ancient

Not all of them are ancient, user. I've seen quite a few episodes concerning itself with the Majestic-12 and how the United States has an interstellar spaceship armada named after the M-12's founding members, or how the United States engaged in a vicious war with UFOs in Antarctica in 1946.

It's only good when Action Bronson and friends watch it on Vice

All true +1

heh, at their peak it was infotainment today it's guys doing something reality soap shit

Kek, I thought I was the only person that had seen that.

Ahahahahaha

Fucking KEK

>mfw you turn on the History Channel and it's nothing but Pawn Stars, American Pickers and Forged in Fire
>mfw Ancient Aliens is the only show that actually provides history

The sad thing is, History Channel's still better than Discovery Channel, which has been lost to the Alaskan wilderness for years now.

American Pickers is good though

>something something is such thing possible?
>ancient aliens theorists, say yes, bla bla bla
repeat for 20 minutes.

but some episodes are very interesting, especially the one that involve tribal stuff like australian aliens episode.

No it's not, all they do is wander around hoarder homes and buy scraps of worthless history for petty cash. A two-sentence blurb about some two-bit bike made in the 1920s does not make for a History show.

Debunked into its own ass by a servant of the Lord, no less. Absolute garbage for women over 300lbs
youtu.be/j9w-i5oZqaQ
Watch this man tear these guys a new asshole.

I like American Pickers and Forged In Fire.

It's all 100% true.

IT'S ALL 100% TRUE.

You want to know the moment that made me realize Ancient Aliens is truly irredeemable trash without a single positive quality in it's bloated ruin of a body? Because I've got two moments.

The first was when they casually mentioned some random Egyptian Pharaoh was actually MOSES because the Pharaoh had a box that KIND OF looked like the Covenant in his burial chamber. Yes, you heard me right, they called this pharaoh Moses the same way you'd mention you're going out to buy some milk later that day.

The second was when they started talking about the Ica Stones as undeniable proof that Pre-Columbian humans in Central America had access to everything from DINOSAURS to HEART SURGERY. Not once did they suggest the stones were fabricated, yet it took a very quick google search while watching the show to confirm they were. They're fake. They're fake. They're FUCKING FAKE.

Oh! Bonus round! They suggested the Egyptian Pharaohs were actually a race of half-alien hybrids because their heads were a funny shape! But not the skulls themselves oh no! Not the actual skulls we have of Egyptian Pharaohs! These are the stylized STATUES of Pharaohs, and said Pharaohs are wearing BIG HATS. THEY'RE FUCKING SAYING THEIR SKULLS ARE ALIEN SHAPED BECAUSE THEIR HATS ARE BIG AND FUNNY SHAPED. This is like saying the Pope is an alien because...

... Oh my GOD, more and more of this dribble is coming to the forefront of my mind and I just can't stand it anymore! Why do they say Aliens genetically engineered Humans so we can "mine gold" for them? Why do they say people wear Crowns because they're intergalactic communications devices? Why why why why why why why why why?

unironically this..

My favorite moment was when they tied Ancient Aliens into the Curse of Oak Island by literally suggesting Aliens are Wizards who can give out Curses.

This is an actual "fact" they established in the show. Aliens give curses.

I see no problem with the Moses one

Honestly, people that believe in ancient aliens are just projecting, hard. They get handed the tools these people had at the time and look at the monoliths and say "Hey, I can't do that. Lul" and slap ancient aliens on it. Kinda annoying and belittling to ancient cultures tbhf

Ancient Aliens proves how just hearing one very biased and selective narrative for hours on end can make you believe the most idiotic bullshit.
I binge-watched the first season once a couple of years ago, and I was fully onboard with its premise for as long as I was watching it. When I had finished, I reflected, and thought 'wait, no, that's retarded'.
Nothing short of digging up an alien fucking spaceship next to the pyramids at Giza constitutes sufficient proof for such an extraordinary claim.

>Honestly, people that believe in ancient aliens are just projecting, hard.

Personally, it's reminiscent of the Victorian Era, when explorers would go to places like Great Zimbabwe and proclaim a "Lost Tribe of Israel" were actually the ones who built it. Different origin, same bullshit.

You don't see anything wrong with a TV show suggesting one of the most important figures in the Judeo-Christian faiths to be an Egyptian Pharaoh because they found a box in a tomb that looks like a box?

>mfw the credentials of every single speaker on this show is, "they wrote a book."

The most insidious thing about the way Ancient Aliens works is they often give evidence that's either unsubstantiated, misinterpreted or outright fabricated. There's nothing more sinister than doing something like and using the Ica Stones as stone-cold (heh) evidence of alien involvement in our daily lives. It's something they do again and again too, like when they claimed a USN Fleet engaged UFOs in Operation Highjump. This is something they argue, that flying saucers came out of the water and started "cutting ships in half with lasers and shooting planes out of the sky." (I wish I was lying, but that really is what one of the speakers insisted had happened.)

And the way they get around being laughed out of the room is so fucking pathetic, too. The show isn't giving evidence or claiming a fact, they're merely "offering an alternative theory." That's all they're doing. Watch any episode and every absurd statement begins with "Ancient Astronaut Theorists suggest" or "Could this be evidence of something else?" Hell, if you've got a TV guide just read what the prompts for every episode is, all they do is ask a question. They don't state a fact, because if they stated a fact someone can come around and say they're saying something WRONG. But by posing it as a 48 minute long question? Ah, then they can weasel themselves out of responsibility!

Pathetic. That's a word I need to use again to describe this show and the state of the History channel. I stopped trusting them with Ancient Aliens, and after the shitshow that was the Amelia Earheart special* I actively despise the channel.

*They spent two hours having "experts" come on and confirm that picture was real, and then a week later it was confirmed to be false. What the fuck, History Channel. How can I call you credible when you do things like this? You're a liar, and being a liar is the single worst thing you can be for a network dedicated to the truth.

Completely fucking retarded, but entertaining. I just wish it wasn't presented as if it were fact, because some people actually believe this bullshit.

Also, I miss when History Channel actually had interesting documentaries on HISTORY. But this ADHD culture can't sit still long enough anymore.

Wait, Aliens are Aliens NOW???????

They really started stretching any information they could get after the first or second season. Not saying it was ever 100% factual but that's when they started straight up lying

TONIGHT
Gold diggers trying to survive in Alaska stumble upon an alien artifact and must now build a muscle car to escape...

Would watch

>Gold diggers trying to survive in Alaska stumble upon an alien artifact and must now build a muscle car to escape...
Sounds like a decent premise for a low-budget scifi comedy.

I mean, Bubba Ho-tep basically made a movie by jamming three National Enquirer articles together, and that was funny af.

it's comfy as fuck

>tfw not smart enough to make a post like this

Speaking of the Enquirer, can tabloids get sued for libel? I was out for groceries a few weeks ago when I saw a headline that said, "I was RAPED by Russel Crowe!"

>Speaking of the Enquirer, can tabloids get sued for libel?
Yeah, for sure. It's just usually more beneficial to ignore them. You sue, you draw attention to their nonsense, make it seem like you have something you need to defend. The old "any press is good press" thing. Left to their own, they just seem crackpot.

To keep it on topic, I'm not sure if Aliens (or undead mummies, for that matter) really ever sue for libel.

Damn, actually though, that's another movie pitch isn't it?

"Supernatural creatures come out of the shadows to sue the National Enquirer for libel." Class action suit. Vampires, aliens, dolphin baby, the whole lot.

>A "servant of the lord"
>"Irredeemable proof"
>Buying everything a religiousfag says based on"evidence" that could be just as false as what AA guys say because the data sources are official, the same ones that are also accused of lying.
>Taking the blue pill this hard
>Shilling the blue pill this hard
>Not taking the superior grey pill
Everybody lies Sup Forums
Both mainstream archaeologists and AA guys
The truth is somewhere in between.
Other than that it's a fun show to watch.

>Both mainstream archaeologists and AA guys
>The truth is somewhere in between.
>implying the truth is somewhere in the MIDDLE
So are you the little asian dude or the guy with the hair that stands straight up?

Changed my mind about everything we thought we knew desu. I really dig it

Meh, the shows are just entertainment to me. Something to laugh at.

Are you seriously telling me you think Moses might have been an ancient Egyptian pharaoh because they found a box in a tomb that vaguely looked like the Ark of the Covenant?

>t. mainstream archaeology shill

For the record, no, I'm not saying anything except that it's a matter of choosing what to believe when we are at a point where we can't inspect, experience and understand the evidence with our own eyes.
All theories come to us after some "scientist" analyzed the thing and based on his own beliefs, he made an interpretation that later came to us.
If he is a religiousfag, the answer is "god"
If he is a fedora, the answer is "math"
If he is an AA guy the answer is "ayylmaos"
All three have a firm set of beliefs that will try to sell you, and you will believe the one whose believes are more similar to your own.
Moses appears in "the Bible" a book written by Romans, though religiousfags will say it was "god"
Other traditions say other shit that makes no sense in comparison to the bible
Associations about a monotheist Pharaoh called Akhenaten also exist
More than 2000 years of history have passed in a world where tradition gets rewritten for political purposes over and over again and internet didn't exist
The truth might be lost forever. Everybody lies because everybody believes something, but nobody has seen it with their own eyes, free of prejudice.
But go ahead, insult my post all you want, try to troll me etc... give me some more (You)s :^)

>H2 used to have several hours of Ancient Aliens every day
>they replaced it with dudeweed channel

You're starting from the right premise, but making leaps that take you to incorrect conclusions. I'm 100% with you on:
>Everybody lies because everybody believes something
>experience and understand the evidence with our own eyes
>tradition gets rewritten for political purposes over and over again
Yeah, absolutely. Suspect everything. Test and verify. No preconceptions. Thing is, you're actually arguing in favor of scientific method without realizing it.

The point where you go astray is "All theories come to us after some "scientist" analyzed the thing and based on his own beliefs." That can be the case, if you just accept information you're given as true without question, but it doesn't have to be. Literally, go out and test things. BE a scientist. You don't need a white labcoat. You don't have to have a PhD to conduct experiments. You don't need someone to give you permission to do research. Don't just read some nonsense article in a magazine that does all the thinking for you, go read the actual published papers. Review other people's work, if you think it's dubious. Try to find the flaws in their processes.