Dear mexifags of Sup Forums

I'm curious, how's the animation scene over there in Mexico?

Other urls found in this thread:

tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/332817/Animacion-Latinoamericana/
youtube.com/watch?v=OOwF-ORFoBw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mexifag here
>animation

We do not engage in faggotry.

Not a mexican but the animation scene in latin america in general is basically nonexistent aside from series that never really take off in their countries. Brazil is currently our only hope with the few animated series airing on cn (Jorel's brother and Haunted tales for wicked kids).

Here's a timeline if you're interested it's obviously not in english.

tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/332817/Animacion-Latinoamericana/

Brazil does animation? I thought they were all about soccer over there.

STOP POSTING THIS CHARACTER
was /sug/ not enough

Our representative is one of the worst animation studios of all time: anima studios
They make jhonny test look good

>anus lips

I wish Rebecca Sugar had died of the Gay Plague AIDs before the single handexly killed animation.

You haven't seen Historietas Assombradas para Crianças Malcriadas? user im so dissapointed the show has a ton of cute waifus

(You) almost got me you sneaky fish

It's a fan OC

Why would we waste time and resources on animation when we got the gringos right up north?

The common mexican normie has a really cringey and basic sense of humor, we just never developed the industry and we are pretty much dominated by hollywood/USA when it comes to big budget entertainment.

We have got no vidya, no original cartoons and just a few movies that can barely survive in foreign markets.

The gabachos make the cartoons, the venezuelans dub them and we just sit down and make cringey facebook fan pages, thats the natural order.

Who ever feels creative and lucky enough just moves to America

It's basically nonexistent and the only things that actually exist are shit and/or screwed over by the TV companies' red tape and corruption.

Honestly I'm suprised at how shitty the animation in the movies can be considering it's not very hard to animate simple motions. The only movie that looks any good is that HuevoCartoon one.

mexico is like an anarchist north korea

>They're still going at it with the Llorona saga
>Every single movie that is not an adaptation of an old show has the same art style
Why haven't we stopped them yet

The reason the movies are so cringey is because they all have that fixation on culture from the capital and they're honestly not the best at humor.

I honestly wanna move to the US because there's an actual industry there and I don't have to worry about the worst excecutive meddling this side of the world has to offer.

>the venezuelans dub them
Must be nostalgia speaking but I remember that back in the day the mexican dubbing wasn't so bloated with slang and mexican references like today's dubbing.

I remember a mexican animated movie that looked like Digimon Tamers. Outside of the CGI, it looked good.

Nonexistant.

You mean Brijes? That's honestly my guilty pleasure, and the designs were alright, but the animation really sucked out any luster.

I also hate how shoehorned in the advertisement for Herdez was.

>We have got no vidya, no original cartoons and just a few movies that can barely survive in foreign markets.
How about this? Their last movie did well on the US.
Also, Im the only one here who thinks Huevocartoon is the Lone Star Runner of Mexico?

They're the only animation company that has stayed mostly decent in quality. Leagues above the other shit.

Eh Im from "provincia" and I have to admit that the sense of humor of the normie population is not any better, yeah they use a lot of accents and phrases and shit from the capital but other than that its pretty much "generic, basic mexican humor".

>and I don't have to worry about the worst excecutive

Sup Forumsmpadre there are exectuive assholes everywhere, not only in Mehico, still, good luck.

Eh I would say its nostalgia, I have seen some really old dubbed anime stuff and it still has some slangs or reference, even if light hearted. It sometimes works when a show is not a serious one but once overdone its annoying, I mean we pretty much transformed mexican dubbed AT into its own different thing after a while, no wonder sudacas ended up butthurted about it.

>Brijes
oh yeah, that one. Three kids that end up merging with their companions and fight against a parrot/devimon guy

I've never been a fan of the animations or movies but i loved the card game, duelo de huevos was fucking great

>not posting best girl

Fag

Anima studios & huevocartoon are the only studios i can think of.
here we can appreciate a horrid example of what anima studios has to offer

Well yeah, HuevoCatoon... well I guess, their movies have been ok, I just always found it weird that they went from an adult humor flash animation thing to a children animation studio and no one was surprised, yes they still have innuendos and sex references here and there, but nothing as crude as the original stuff.

I hope they succed and make more and better movies, not because Im a big fan but because we need to support producto nacional.

I always hated what that adaptation, even as a kid.

Jesus I mean, if they tried JUST a little... but not even the voice acting is good, it literally has less animation budget that the original huevocartoons.

Also I love el Chavo, but it wouldn't hurt them to try to make their own fucking thing, el Chavo was a live slapstick show, it just doesn't work when transformed into animation, it losses its charm...

That's bullshit, i mean the huevos are okay i guess but last time i supported "producto nacional" was when i saw la dictadura perfecta and it was garbage, we should support something like Ana instead wich actually looks good , not any shit because it's local, otherwise that's how the industry will be shaped if we ever get one

I mean Im expecting them to improve, I have heard good things about the last movie and I don't want to say they are shit just because I don't like them, but I wouldn't support total shits just because they are producto nacional, no one should ever and nowhere.

>support something like Ana instead

Whats this "Ana" thing? never heard f it before...

I always hated that show too, the original is okay, but this thing makes me cringe, most of their animations have the same fucking style, but hey, at least they are having some good deals with WB, they partially animated the topcat movie as well as fairy tale dropouts & think they got a contract with Cartoon Network
youtube.com/watch?v=OOwF-ORFoBw

>but once overdone its annoying
Oh boy, the later seasons of KND and Adventure Time became ludicrous. I'm surprised that Venezuela and Chile, from all places, managed to stay professional and didn't succumb to cram their dubs with annoying references

>latin american-made tcg
now that's something that needs promoting

Yes, the original is good, but it doesn't work on many languages other than spanish and portuguese because of the many pun-related jokes.

I think the designs aren't actually any bad, but the animation is cheap, the scripting is bad and the humour is either nonexistant or cringy. I kinda hope they get better at executing their projects at some point, they aren't a total failure.

There's also mitos y leyendas, and even a children soap opera called mision S.O.S had their own tcg

It's fucking shit. Not a joke, it's absolutely abysmal and so is the comic scene (although Comics in Mexico are even WORSE than animation).

I know there's excecutive meddling everywhere, but I've read that Mexico's is especially shitty. There is almost no companies that would fund your projects, and the only ones that do will suck back the money anyways.

The supposed laws that "help" producers make movies work against them as well. You can't get any more money than the one you're given at the start unless you turn in a finished project, and according to an interview the finished product usually only comes up by the time "almost everyone has been laid off".

Ah well, thanks for the good wishes, though!

I heard that they cut a lot of corners, among other things.

>mitos y leyendas
Mi negro, my country doesn't give enough recognition to those artists (and the game became too expensive for me), instead they keep praising half-assed Johnny Test grade shows that barely last a season.

That was pretty cool and actually informative.

Thanks, user.

They also take out one of the major characters of the show becouse the actress who play her in the live action show wouldn´t give them the rights to use her.

Remaking El Chavo without La Chilindrina is like getting rid of Sara Bellum in the PPG...OH WAIT

hey now no need to get ahead of yourself.

>Remaking El Chavo without La Chilindrina is like getting rid of Sara Bellum in the PPG...OH WAIT
oh, eso tuvo que doler (I was wondering who the hell was this "popis")

she's on the live action series too, but in the cartoon she became the replacement for la chilindrina, even in the episodes that are direct adaptations of the classic show, it's really jarring

Why do people keep posting this fugly fanshit

I'm glad I'm the only one that doesn't like mexican "humor"
Animation is kinda dead in mexico

Currently I'm about to enter the uni in animation but honestly it feels like a dead end
I meet a bunch of people studying animation but most of them don't even knows what fundamentals are.
Most of them plans to make a "cartoon" which are generic shonen anime stories/characters that you expect from deviantart
Sorry for my bad english

>in Sup Forums

what is this fugly fanshit?