Coins

Do you have currency from other countries? Could be bills, coins or maybe old currency from your own country.

Bonus points for pics

Other urls found in this thread:

banknotes.com/th83.htm
lamonnaiedelapiece.com/piece-semeuse-marche/1-piece-5euro-semeuse-argent-2008.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>farthing

only the real coins i didn't get to expend from some trip i forgot

Found one of these in my pocket a few weeks ago, never been to the US. I guess someone once paid with this in a store, cashier didn't notice, and then I get it as change.

I have euro, zloty, ruble, kuna and singapore dollar.

I should have a box full of old Mexican coins somewhere in the house
And I have this 2 in my desk for no reason along side my spare change

Is it true that you can barely get new banknotes in Paraguay?

What Swedish coin were supposed to give you?

That's pretty neat. Did you went there?

wren a cute.

I'm actually at a collectors meeting, but there's not a lot of new stuff

Get on my level

this

almost every time i look out my window i see one of these little cuties running around

Those Mongolian notes are easy to get, but some guys not like to sell them cheap. Still a neat note.
Like North Korean notes, these are being sold for $3, but I've found cheaper.

Is is true that they don't accept these coins in the USA?

I love collecting coins and have a ledger with a lot of them. I got euros, pounds, dollars, but also pre euro currencies and in general I have something for every continent.

That's a pretty one. What's on the back?

They do, but some people might not accept it, like the $2 bill. That's why they end on Ecuador or El Salvador.

Do you collect from travels?

Yeah a whole bunch as it happens

Travels, coffee machines (I'm trying to build the entire Cyprus line but so far I only got 20 and 50 cents) and also I run a B&B and ask people from foreign countries if they have some change to spare. I got some nifty ones through this, like from Gibraltar and Georgia

Nice one. Where did you get it?

Hey, I see a chilean there. Where did you get the pre-euro coins?

>ask people from foreign countries if they have some change to spare.
That's the best way to get a lot of different counties in little time. Especially form difficult to get countries like those ones.
Are you trying to get the Euro Cyprus set?

Yes because they are fucking rare for legal tender and I like the designs a lot. I could just buy them, but it wouldn't be the same and I don't believe in buying coins anyway. Looking through my collection right now, and I have 2€, 1€, 50c, 20c. The coppers will be fucking impossible to find, but I never give up
What's that in the top left with the thumbs up?

In a box inherited from my grandfather, in the middle of a bunch of useless things, there was that.

It seems it wasn't so unless after all, a Vichy and a silver coin. What else was in the box?

I got only pre-euro stuff from Cyprus, but it seems they aren't easy to get. The only euro set I would really like to get are some Andorra coins, as it's the only European country I'm missing. But it's too expensive to get.
What other rare counties to do you have? Anything from Vatican or San Marino?

Also, the thumbs up coin is 1 indian rupee

Oooo! I love this thread!
I have some Post WW1 Weimar era dollars.

I also have a large collection of coins!
Earliest one I have goes back to 1786

That looks like an interesting collection, but the pic seems to small.
Can you post some of those old coins?

The Vichy one I found it in the street, not in the box. There was a page of a newspaper from the same period as the coin, ma grandfather and his father Id's, plus a certificate from when he was a conscript and some others family things. I shall open it again to check if there's anything valuable else inside.

What is it with the French flag on the left side?

I'm missing Andorra too, but I have both Vatican and San Marino. As far as euros go, the rarest I have is probably 2€ from principality of Monaco (pictured) and some 50 and 10 cents from Latvia. I have the whole series from Luxembourg which I guess is rare too but I find them everywhere for some reason.

>Where did you get the pre-euro coins?
Mostly from my parents, they always kept change for later use after travels, except these weren't gonna be used again
>What's that in the top left with the thumbs up?
Indian Rupee, a lot of people can't read numbers there so they indicate with fingers how much it is worth

Forgot pic

The french flags are some Francs from 1944

Sure!
Here is a 1786 Prussian coin.
Somewhat rare.

I never knew about these, you've got a beautiful collection user.

Heres the back of the coin.

This ones a real treat!
An 1870 french coin.

Forgot image

I also have these 2 bank notes.
I have no idea what country their form, or how much they are worth. if any of you know, that would be very helpful!

Got a year on these bills? Could be easier to find with it, we can yet say it is from a hindouist country.

No date nor writing that I can read.
Nor an indication of a countries monument or culture.
Nada zip

That's pretty cool and some nice mementos.

It seems Luxembourg is the most common of those smaller counties, I could find some of Luxembourg francs from time to time.
Monaco is still pretty rare. Do you collect 2€ commemorative?

>they always kept change for later use after travels, except these weren't gonna be used again
That's true, bit they're still some neat souvenir.

There are notes put in circulation on France by the allies during WW2

That's amazing, it's not in a bad shape either.

Those are Thai notes, from an old series.

I also have a 1 dollar bahama note.
Very nice green color to it.

Keep forgetting to add the photos.

I got some 1922 French 2 franc coins as well.
This one is in particularly good condition.

Back side of this coin.

that looks like thai

Yeah commemorative 2€ are my main interest, though I do save some I like the designs of, for example Slovakia has a very cool engraved Orthodox cross on its normal coins that looks better than most of the commemorative ones

I got 150 coins if you guys want me to post some more.
This one is a 1943 half penny.

13000 yens
7653 USD
10 brazilian cents

>Thai
Thx user, this is indeed baht.
banknotes.com/th83.htm

>2€ commemorative
This isn't a commemorative neither a 2€ coin, but this one is in silver.

Where did you get that much money?

Are you sure that's silver? What year is it?

I've never had too much interested in the 2€ coins, but if there's one I'd like to get are the the centenary of the Baltic countries.
Do you have an album for those?

Do you have old American stuff? What are the one you like the most?

Absolutely sure, I bought it myself when it get out. I just didn't take care of it as I should've. Dated from 2008.
lamonnaiedelapiece.com/piece-semeuse-marche/1-piece-5euro-semeuse-argent-2008.html

Right now it's night and I can't take a good pic with just the lighting in my room, but yeah the first part of my coins album is all 2€ coins. Pic related, will take a real good pic tomorrow if the thread is still up

It's a shame it got like that, but it will be worse I'd you clean it.
It's a nice design, I've always liked the Semeuse on the old francs. How much did it cost you back then?

You have quite collection already. What's the most rare of all the 2€ you have now ?

not true at all
we just can't throw away cash just because it has a little tear

Yeah, I got old currency from my own country, before we switched to Euro.

Sometimes I stare at Euros to see what country they were minted for. Like, I may see an owl for Athens, and think how it might have changed hands all the way from Greece to get to my hand.

Usually, I have at least one coin with the face of a spanish guy I never heard of.

5 euros! I think I'll clean it tomorrow with toothpaste or lemon.

This one, Giuseppe Verdi. 4 millions made which is pretty low for a commemorative (usually ranges between 7 and 40 millions)
>Spanish guy I never heard of
You mean Miguel de Cervantes? How do you not know who he was kek, he wrote Don Quixote

I still can't get a 2000 guaraní notes in good condition.
Do the old bronze coins still circulate or only the steel ones are used?

Only 5 euros for a silver coin? That was quite a deal. If you want to clean, don't use a toothbrush or something harsh.

Old Portuguese notes are gorgeous, especially the last series.

That's pretty neat. Have to ever exchanged a commemorative coin, or do you just spend the one you already had?

It's always that whenever the State produce a limited edition of a coin, you can go buy it for its written value at a post office.

I usually just spend doubles, I may have found someone who has something to trade but right now I'm swamped with exams so I couldn't meet him yet. People tend to not believe I actually collect money.

Got some old greek notes, I guess they're from my father going there in vacation in the 70s

Also a ded 1000 lire (basically nothing).
Some czech coins but I'm not sure where they are.

I'm missing only 10ish countries. Although I gotta admit that dad mostly compiled the collection cause he has connections to various coin dealers.

I have 100 dollars in 1 cent and 2 cent coins.they don't make them anymore, but they're still legal tender, so I'm saving them up for fun

Really? Do they still mint silver at face value?

>People tend to not believe I actually collect money.
Why not?

I remember this was one of the first foreign banknotes I saw and I was blown away

That sounds like a huge collection. How many coins do you have?

>Where did you get that much money?
Working?

Taiwanese lad who was here as an exchange student gave some of us one of these each when we graduated from high school almost a decade ago.

Think it was about 4AUD at that time.

>but they're still legal tender

Only up to $5 mate. Not that someone won't probably accept them anyway but if you pull up to the maccas drive through with a bag of 1000 one cents they can tell you to fuck off.

It's not a lot, but it's on decent condition

am an avid holder of 8 bitcoins