Humanity has successfully colonized and terraformed Mars. There's a project to fill the planet with cities...

Humanity has successfully colonized and terraformed Mars. There's a project to fill the planet with cities, and you get to model 10 of these after 10 existing cities on Earth.
Which ones do you choose?

Tel Aviv 10 times over

Paris, Vienna, Rome, Prague, Copenhagen, Tokyo, Saint Petersburg, Xi'an, Hong Kong, New York

Gay and impossible prospect.

none hopefully, terraformed cities will be much more futuristic, multiple spaceports, vertical farming, extensive underground living etc etc

what's the point of copying 21st earth cities

>21st century*

Fill it with suburbs

I would design my own cities.

>no water
>dry
>horrible sandstorms
>extremely cold nights
yeah, good luck with that

There's water at the ice caps and a thick enough atmosphere would keep the temps up

the climate would change as the atmosphere became more dense

also you said dry twice

bretty good

>No water
Ice is a big part of Mars's soil composition

No London?

London is a shithole

OMG really??

I thought it was generally agreed that London isn't very beautiful.

yeah because paris is totally better lol

Yes. London was always ugly, glass dildos and postmodern trash amazingly don't even make it worse because the city was already fucking hideous to begin with.

wtf?!?!?!? no south american, southeast asian, indian, middle eastern, or african cities? kys

All Detroit

I did think about adding at least Middle Eastern city.

All Raqqa

Tokyo
Soul
Houston
Dallas
Atlanta
Des Moines
Buenos Aires
Paris
Stockholm
Mexico City

>All the fagets who can't have fun

>no Rome
disregarded

t. Texan

Paris is all you need for culture.

You are a Texan as well?
>t. Can't use t. Correctly

>Paris
This is fine.

10 Vancouvers filled with black qts
I'd be the only man on the planet :^)

>black qts
bit paradoxical

10x east side Oslo

Rome, Florence, Lisbon, Porto, Prague, Vienna, Paris, Copenhagen, Amsterdam and, if i could exclude the favelas and the poor neighbourhoods, Rio de Janeiro.

This. Why bring Earth's problems to Mars?

It can't be a reality because there's an atmospheric leak caused by its own magnetic field, even if you fill it up with breathable air it will be gone within days. Building domes or live underground are better options.

Palmerston North, all cities should be modeled after Palmerston North.

La matanza
Mataderos
Buenos Aires
El chaco
Mendoza
Rosario
Resistencia
Cordoba Capital
Posadas
Formosa

No but you put two texan cities that just normal american cities.

I wouldn't model it on specific cities but rather representative architectural styles. List would go
Mediterranean
Germanic and Nordic
Slavic (including Russia)
Anglo (including both the UK and the USA)
Central Asian (including Iran)
Indian
South East Asian (including Polynesian)
MENA (including Turkey)
sub Saharan African
Latin American

It's not an entirely fair distribution but IMHO is as good as it gets for 10 cities.

For the Latin American cities you'd mostly use Baroque and Colonial architecture as a shared base line, then add works based on outstanding buildings and monuments from each of the different countries.

*Latin American city
Also I East Asia should be on the list so that means 11 cities at the very least, non slavic Eastern Europeans would still be represented in Slavic and so on, all styles not included go their closest cultural/geographic affinity

They are comfy American cities.
Des Moines is like a mid size town that's growing and comfy.

Norilsk.

Munich
Bordeaux
Lucerne
Seoul
Dublin
Florence
Salzburg
Perth
Minneapolis
Helsinki