Are there any movies or TV shows documenting the cultural shift that took place around 2007?

Are there any movies or TV shows documenting the cultural shift that took place around 2007?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=to72IJzQT5k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Idiocracy

That movie was released in 2006, though it could've been foreshadowing

2007 was the greatest year for cinema and music in recent history

Just because you nerds got bullied every single day of the year doesn't mean it was bad at all

2007 was the last year things were normal. After that year everything went to shit

That's mostly because of the internet though. Things were always shit but the loudness of social media, where seemingly everyone can broadcast their shit opinions, makes it just seem worse than it is.

2007 was simulteneously when everything went to shit and the last time where things were normal. It was a very transitional year.

>documenting the cultural shift that took place around 2007?

Of course there are, like pic related.

Yup. Imagine having social media around the time of Serbian wars. Sup Forums would keel over dead with pure rage.

Watch some Adam Curtis docs.

>Hypernormalisation
youtube.com/watch?v=to72IJzQT5k

I will forever remember 2007 as Newfag Summer. That year was just crazy, Sup Forums fucking doubled the number of DAU, TTGL, Lucky Star and the great Sup Forums /jp/ split. Sup Forums's massive growth and the influx of general threads. The ending of BSG. Back then Sup Forums has SO MANY TRIPFAGS. Sup Forums had so few anons you could actually tell who you were talking to. I remember moot said Sup Forums only had about 150 regulars then and like 1/3 were tripfags. It's still weird to me now, how after the years and years of battling the tripfags they are all pretty much dead now, on every board. I guess they finally figured out twitter is a way better platform to attention seek on.

Sup Forums was so crazy in 2007. So much changed so quickly.

/^/!NFy8bFWAos/$/
/^/!ggT6eRSfiY/$/
/^!Oxh6KDAnnY$/
/^!VECTORh8mE$/
/^!!ADVuigC8nlV$/
/^!!k3GighioMhx$/
/^!Bi4FFWyIHQ$/
/^!.MqCRmCfgc$/
/^!cNjFWbaCo.$/
/^!!eZwN5c4h/i0$/
/^!!MRSMev4/JJ/$/
/^!/dz29R260U$/
/^!Justice.B2$/
/^!!gVL0FyzPeMv$/
/^!!hl7QUEiwglY$/
/^!BLISSOUTv.$/
/^!QT.V9kdcwE$/
/^!!Oqcbo0rmopY$/
/^!Cop/NOIR8s$/
/^!PVM7VlPpi6$/
/^!3.14gPXooM$/
/^!!ZWSGxvyjgeq$/
/^!!2N54oUcGcxw$/
/^!!VnAZgvcVn9X$/
/^!!Nvhr3UlfD8o$/
/^!THE10oSMkw$/
/^!GZis3Q2bgo$/
/^!l6aiEdTxng$/
/^!vA6rPI7LkI$/
/^!/CzapadYv.$/
/^!!LxtOYpMqk+k$/
/^!AAAElij9tI$/
/^!MQSpXmvic.$/
/^!!ZUccGVZ3oCZ$/
/^!NOSARAHh2.!!NDIYGckc+cI$/
/^!EI2OluSGyk$/
/^!UF93TlctLs$/
/^!sayorseNE.$/
/^!85/xGZrzYc$/
/^!!4wjbmNrlh9/$/
/^!!smHurAgCU3T$/
/^!KINO/6eqCA$/
/^!DAVEYNK\/fU$/$/
/^!!rtYDZpxAo9S$/$/
/^!aTO4EVRSSQ$/$/
/^!!4wjbmNrlh9\/$/
/^!!Nvhr3UlfD8o$/
/^!glauJJoHPM$/
/^!\/3p8we5u7M$/
/^!THORNEYX7s!!FodAYXN\/9BZ$/
/^!!hl7QUEiwglY$/
/^!Boner8M3vY$/
/^!camo\/\/\/nkY$/
/^!!H0\/0Hc0H\+1b$/
/^!o0nbfwJ23I$/
/^!DAYNE4vhjM$/
/^!!gDpbmrPbBiW$/
/^!!7HFl1NZyjyF$/
/^!sandy\/Xtko$/
/^!THORNEYX7s!!znWa7XKi0vH$/
/^!8\/AK47\/sp\.!!\/4wTxZeiYjT$/
/^!NOSARAHh2\.$/
/^!l6aiEdTxng$/
/^!sandyI6GR\.$/
/^!sayorseNE\.$/
/^!SmileCSAx\.$/
/^!!k3GighioMhx$/
/^!THORNEYX7s!!znWa7XKi0vH$/

Not even all of them man.

The Obama deception

>/^!BLISSOUTv.$/
Hmm... A Subfiltronik mash-up #1999.

>tumblr
>2007

No one used it in 2007. It didn't gain any real traction until 2009.
Stop with your revisionist history.

Can we agree that this movie is garbage? I mean, I appreciate the social commentary, but that movie was badly made.

>le 2007 meme

Kill yourself my man

2007 is evil

some alt right mythology making

Also Youtube launched in 06

Youtube launched in 05

I liked the early years of Youtube

>securom

I still have an old computer with an almost empty windows folder that cannot be deleted because of that shit

EA destroyed Spore, the game Will Wright wanted to make, by dumbing it down and adding terrible DRM

Sorry thatwas my fault

There's nothing special about that shift. It's just one "decade" switching over to another "decade". 90s culture didn't end the moment year 2000 hit, it dragged on until about 06. Starting with 07 the next "decade" rolled in. And the next shift was in 14 or 15.

I remember being her for ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA. Time sure flies...

That's inocrrect, 90s culture only lasted through 2000-Sept 10, 2001 and then died on 9/11, then 2000s culture began from that point on.

2000s culture died around 2007-2008 with the Great Recession, iPhones, explosion of social media, popularization of Autotuned electropop music like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, and Obama being elected president.

i was born in 95 and even as a little child i could tell what you wrote down is absolutely fucking wrong, this guy has it right the 90ies ended with 9/11. maybe even slightly before that

2007 was a great year for vidya, at least

2007 was the year I laughed the last time.

Nah, the 90's truly ended when Y2K happened.

That's nice and all, but that's just the American perspective. Nobody outside of US really gave a shit about 9/11. Didn't change the world, it just changed US.

i'm not even american and it's not about how much people gave a fuck or if they even did, the world changed significantly it's an event horizon for our era

I'm not even American but you have to be fucking joking.
9/11 was a monumental event that showed that literal nobodies could devastate the most powerful country on Earth and change the world forever.

Remember when Sup Forums was the Summer Glau and Zooey Deschanel image archive?

I miss Glauposting.

>>i was born in 95

t. worthless opinion

I remember when Summer Glau lost her passport. That was back when boards still had board cultures. Now every board feels the same.

Remember how all the big franchises had each film released in 2007? Spider-Man 3,HP,Shrek,Pirates,you name it

>devastate the most powerful country on Earth and change the world forever
You mean fly a plane into a skyscraper?

we mean shutting down international flights for a day, shutting down new york. having millions of parents to leave work and take their children from schools and united states going into a trillion dollar war. all of that while the world shifts from the cold war to the future war on terror that is a war of cultures and economies

>shutting down international flights for a day
>parents to leave work and take their children from schools
oh no truly the world has been changed forever

Bojack Horseman did an episode mocking 2007

shutting down the markets for a single minute effects so many lives and billions of dollars you can't even imagine, you need to be 18yo or older to post here

this desu

I unironically loved early Lady Gaga when she was still in that Egyptian style get-up.