youtube.com/watch?v=7N0_GdI8TWE
youtube.com/watch?v=5unxo_f-Agw
youtu.be/7N0_GdI8TWE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

Rogue One is better.

No and don't ask again

No

It's the best Star Wars movie since ESB. Only alt-right manbabies and misogynists say otherwise.

Yes.

It's alright.

Right? The diverse cast and women kicking ass really makes this film stand out. I really like the progressive path they're taking Star Wars down.

Is MacDonalds 'good' food?

Better than Rogue One.

both were trash, but Jin was a way better character than Rey.

Showing pictures of her doesn't make it a better movie.

as good as episode I

Its good if you like watching the same shit from New hope but this time with a shit cast
I literally my shit when rey yelled out oi what kinda bullshit is that oi this isn't a mad max movie or a ac dc song oi are you kidding me

6>4=5>3>2>7=1

V > IV > RO = VI > VII > III > I > II

It does.

>muh strong independent women!
>mary sue
>Cries and storms off

>V> IV
Kindly fuck off back to r*ddit

Nothing Disney has produced since acquiring Star Wars, other than the once in a blue moon Rebels episode, is "good."

5>4>3>r1>2>1>>>>>>>>>>>>>Literally and objectively correct

V>IV>VI>III>VII>II>I

7 is better than 6? GTFO kid

> VII > III

6 is irredeemable garbage but at the same time you're comparing shit to shit

bitch 6 has the most memorable scene of the whole Star Wars series

V>IV>VII>VI>>>>>RO>>>>III>I>>>>II

Objective ranking, contrarian memers fuck off

Oh, fuck no.

youtube.com/watch?v=7N0_GdI8TWE

No, Rogue One has a better lead (pic related), story, and plot.

see this

Other than the Emperor throne room scenes, 6 is largely shit and is when star wars died

better than a rehashed New Hope

no, I'd rather have the rehashed shit than the jabba and ewok shit

TFA is at least being partially ironic and is a meta-commentary on the nature of Star Wars as a franchise itself

Return of the Jedi just does Death Star II and makes Luke and Leia brother and sister because George had run out of ideas

This is the only objective ranking that is actually objective. Good job mate.

VII has the advantage of not being two tonally disparate movies rolled into one.

>TFA is at least being partially ironic and is a meta-commentary on the nature of Star Wars as a franchise itself

so... in other words, shit that fell flat and that cant stand on its own, yep, I agree

I liked the whore and the nigger a lot. Didn't stop the movie being a brain-dead greatest hits re-package designed solely to sell Christmas merchandise to retards who won't let go of their warped, confused childhood.

I can speak objectively on this as I find neither Ray or Jin attractive

Rogue One is far better, dont see why they bothered with another trilogy, spinoff movies make far more sense

>partially ironic and is a meta-commentary

thats a nice way to describe a soulless rehash with bad story (no explanation what happened between 6 and 7)

>Return of the Jedi just does Death Star II and makes Luke and Leia brother and sister because George had run out of ideas

Luke and Leia's kinship is foreshadowed in Empire Strikes back.

>That boy is out last hope.
>No. There is another...
>Leia answers Luke's call when he's hanging from the Cloud City.

Fun fact, this shot was never intended to be in the movie.

> (no explanation what happened between 6 and 7)

How much information do you need though? The only thing that is foggy in VII is why the Resistance exists as opposed to simply being the official army of the New Republic. Everything else you can put together if you're not a fucking moron.

Luke had a sister, but it wasn't Leia. Finding Luke's sister was going to be the original plan for the sequel trilogy, but after George decided against doing anything after RotJ he decided to just make Leia his sister because it was the easiest way to resolve that loose end. Please do your research before you say dumb shit.

Yeah, I'm sure it's a fucking coincidence that the entire movie is about a Star Wars being waged by two sides wrapped up in the legacy of old organizations that are fighting for no other reason that the expectation that the Wars must continue (Maz literally says the wars will be endless) and that the villain is crippled by the expectation to live up to Darth Vader's legacy.

really?

how did Maz Kanada got the light saber?

How could she run this cantina for 1000 years, know Han and not get arrested?

how the hell could the First Order build another Deathstar?

No, its fun.

of course it must continue but its HOW you write it. Disney couldn't bother less to come up with a good story. A Rehash was enough and the fanboys would eat this up

No shit.

>how did Maz Kanada got the light saber?

This is the only somewhat reasonable complaint, but it isn't necessary to explain it in detail at risk of slowing the movie down to a crawl in favor of pointless exposition. She had an extensive network of smuggling and trader buddies, one of them picked it up and sold it to her, or the Force willed it, idk

>How could she run this cantina for 1000 years, know Han and not get arrested?

we don't know how long she's known Han, they could have met sometime between RotJ and TFA. All that needs to be known is that they're friends.

>how the hell could the First Order build another Deathstar?

go back to wookiepedia, autist

TFA and ANH are only similar on extremely superficial levels, they have the same plot structure

having an X-Wing and a death star in them do not make them the same movie, the characters, their themes and what they're trying to say are completely different

Eh, TFA borrows a lot from ANH but its done for a thematic reason. Its about a new generation living in the shadow of the previous, and how the expectation to live up to that legacy affects them. At the end of the day, they're all just toy commercials

>go back to wookiepedia, autist

give me the part where it is explained in the movie you retard

>superficial levels,
are you fucking joking? The fist 10 minutes are almost identical (only the places are different)

youtube.com/watch?v=5unxo_f-Agw

I think it's good. Can't wait for 8.

nobody asked for a reboot and it was not necessary. They would had come up with a story than is new but still Star Wars `ish

it's not a reboot. It's episode 7 of the saga.

No, it's shit. I wanted a sequel not a fucking soft reboot of the Original Trilogy.

it's a soft reboot because they rehashed the whole plot of New Hope

>give me the part where it is explained in the movie you retard

literally no one cares about how the First Order financed Starkiller base besides prequelbabbies and wookiepedia autists, that's not relevant information.

But different characters and it's still a sequel because it progresses the story with the original.

its ok, but its better than that fan film that no one remembers

that scene wasnt even in the movie. kek

you are a retard who knows nothing about good story writing

that scene wasnt even in the movie. kekbetter character? sure if you like boring, stale characters with conflicting and contrived motivations that border on being bipolar.

same story, different characters but its still a rehash

>disney can't think of a good premise for new Star Wars
>makes TFA as a bland copy of the original Star Wars
>generally well-received, but noted it's just a soft reboot
>try something different with Rogue One
>mixed reception, but almost no one sees it as a great movie
>Han Solo movie loses its director and gets re-shoots
>chances are it will be shit

All this is really saying is Star Wars is fucked.

>inane trivia bullshit that doesn't advance the story in any way or serve any purpose besides adding fluff for a wookiepedia article is good storytelling

I bet you enjoyed the senate shit in the prequels because it was good """"""world building"""

world building is part of a good story you fucking pleb

It's 100% a soft reboot. Yeah Episodes I-VI still technically "happened" but they're barely referenced. The state of the galaxy in TFA makes no fucking sense and completely negates everything accomplished in the OT. HUGE portions of the movie are remade from ANH.

the only way the story worked is because the good guys acted like absolut retards

(the senat dont trust Leia because she is the daughter of Vader even she risked her life to get the Death Star plans)

based anti-RLM poster

It really isn't, though. The editors of the original movie cut out all the inane trivia worldbuilding bullshit because it didn't serve the central narrative and the character development, you know, the things people actually care about. it's just that Star Wars is such a huge franchise and autists treat it like a documentary so they need the everything in the universe to be internally consistent and justified so they can fill in a wookiepedia article

this is literally "what is aragorn's tax policy" autism

no

it has small parts of world building (mentioning of the galactic senate and the clone wars)

Jyn > rey

ANH didn't have tons of world building because the entire movie was world building. It was the first entry in a brand new sci fi universe.

TFA is the seventh. It has to abide by the rules set forth by the previous entries in the universe. You can't just throw out unprecedented bullshit and then say
>lmao the original didn't need to explain stuff so this "sequel" doesn't either

This
/thread

In terms of effects and sound design, yes.
In regards to story and character, it's a failure.
I think The Force Awakens is a decent starting point for the two future sequels but on its own it isn't good but at least better than the prequels.

Star Wars Rebels looks like a decent show

this

It's hit or miss. Some episodes are really great, most are "meh." If you've watched The Clone Wars then I'd say it's definitely worth it because starting in Season 2 they start bringing characters from TCW back.

If you haven't watched TCW then watch that first. It's far superior in just about every way. Stick with it at least through season 3 though if you don't like it, that's when it really takes off. If you've watched through season 3 and hate it then you don't have to watch the rest and probably wouldn't like Rebels.

ah ok thanks

After the prequels a lot of people wanted something that felt closer to the OT. Using the plot structure of ANH was a move to win back those people while also having a jumping off point for the new trilogy. Plus there's enough twists in the plot beats for me to not care, and it's not like this is the first SW film to re use plot points from other SW films. The real issue with TFA is that Rey is underdeveloped, probably because her arc is supposed to span the entire trilogy

this guy gets it

if they could had talent (or if they would had gave a shit) they could had wrote a story that has Star Wars elements in it but is still new

They didnt even bother to make a reunion scene with Luke, Han, Leia and Chewbacca

> They didnt even bother to make a reunion scene with Luke, Han, Leia and Chewbacca

It was a missed opportunity, but it would have distracted the story away from the new characters.

Is pretty shitty to be honest.

>characters

Rey: bitchy Mary Sue

Finn: a character with confusing motivations (first he ran away the First Order and told Poe that we wants to be far away from everything, then he tells Han he is a member of the Restistance

Poe: so bland that the original plot was that he died in the crash on Jakku

Haven't watched the show. can you explain me why?

>i didnt get le ebin fanservice reunion so it SUCKS

You're a child

nobody gives a fuck about the new characters

besides they were the ones who made a huge nostalgia circle jerk but they couldn't bother to make a reunion between the 4 characters

It would have been nice to have had a movie which didn't insult my intelligence or passing knowledge of Star Wars. They pulled the thinnest of thin explanations out their ass to have their repeat of the OT, or didn't bother with explanations at all, since they were SO FUCKING TERRIFIED of addressing politics after the PT. But hey, toy$$$!

Finn's motivations were pretty clear. Did you even watch the movie? Rey and Poe were underdeveloped and its one of the things about TFA I didn't like. Its like what this user said

this

As someone whos seen all the star wars movies i can say no i came in excited thinking o was gonna get something fresh and all they did was rehash episode 4 i felt cheated also rey saying oi in the movie helped ruin it

No.

>youtu.be/7N0_GdI8TWE