What happened to Wally...

What happened to Wally, I'm sure I'm out of the loop but I stopped by a comic shop today and got some Flash comics and noticed that lovable ole' Wally West came into a surprising amount of melanin... Also when did Iris black? Can someone explain this?

Don't worry, ginger Wally is back and black Wally was retconned to be his cousin

So how long before Sup Forums invades this thread?

I hope nigger Wally gets some more development. I'm liking his Rebirth personality.

Cousi- but how? I'm no geneticist but....

Anything is possible user

that's right, you aren't a geneticist. so either google it and see that it's possible, or shut it

Why are you confused? Biracial kids don't always literally take a mixed tone. Look at Obama.

>Also when did Iris black?

Iris was never black in the comics.

He def seems like he is. luckily. I was terrified of how they'd deal with both Wallys but they've seemed to thread that needle which is super impressive

One of Iris' siblings married a black person and they named their kid after Iris' dad.

I'm white and one of my cousins is black, it happens

Truth is that Black Wally was never that bad and people only hated him because DC transparently introduced him via cheap synergy to shut people up who wanted Wally back.

Luckily based Johns saved us and both Wallys can exist as their own characters.

No, people hated him because he was some generic black delinquent.

it was both, badly shoe horned for TV sync and badly written and drawn.

I'm super happy he's getting another chance

Also, seriously, how fucked up is the West family that there are two people named Wally?

But doesn't black Wally pre-date the CW Flash?

They're both named for the same common ancestor.
What's crazier is that when the JSA comes back there's going to be 4 guys running around called The Flash. One Barry Allen, Two Jay Garricks, and Two Wally Wests with one being called Kid Flash.

Surprisingly not at all.

Though we still don't know about Irey and Jai. They might just be retconned out. Wally hasn't mentioned them, even in the DCU one-shot where he was recounting his history. Irey was in one panel (the shot from Flash Rebirth 1.0) but the text didn't acknowledge her.

they're named after a common older relative named Wallace, which is a nice little retcon.

nah, they were in season 1 I think

I'm hoping after Linda he remembers them. It's worrisome though bc I don't trust DC to have a family hero

Which is odd because most people seemed fine with nick fury becoming black to follow the movies. Maybe its because he was such a perfect casting choice i dunno

Not by enough.
Like Glasgow Smile Joker from Azzarello's Joker OGN predating The Dark Knight.
Someone knew what was going to happen.
Joe and Iris were black, so of course Wally would be too.

Might have been before the show actually went on the air but the casting for Iris and Joe was announced

Yeah I feel like DC just didn't want him to have kids so they're just retconned out. We'll see though.

>I don't trust DC to have a family hero
Superman's doing alright so far.

The only weird thing now is that Daniel West would have had to have impregnated some chick when he was like 13.

All timeline problems/inconsistencies are Dr Manhattan's fault

Jon will end up in the same pile and Cir-El and Chris. And even Kon if we're being serious.

Black Wally is now Wallace

I don't think so.
This isn't Marvel where they sell their children's souls to the devil so they can be single again.

Nah DC loves writing kids out, just without character assassination most of the time.

Remember when Kon was on that first Rebirth teaser and everyone (me) got all excited?!!?

maybe he'll also show in legion

Wally was always short for Wallace m8

Hows the wife and kid
Also wedding special fucking when

>Bartfags want Legion to save him
>Konfags want Legion to save him
>Jonfags will probably want Legion to save him

>Legion might not even be able to save themselves

wew

Black Wally is now Wally's nephew and the black Wests are now a side branch of the West family tree, with the two Wallies named after a dead relative with the name