It's an episode where Data gets hacked but everything turns out okay and Data is allowed to remain on the Enterprise

>It's an episode where Data gets hacked but everything turns out okay and Data is allowed to remain on the Enterprise

>stabs Troi in the shoulder
>it's fine

By that logic no one should be on the Enterprise, given how easily they're all brainwashed every month.

I put forth no logical judgment, user.

>It's an episode where Data is fully programmed in the art of love making, but none of the females on the ship ever take him up on it.

But what about Lt. Yar?

>It's an episode where the android who is operations officer and third in command on the federation flagship, and who is regularly a part of away teams where he needs to be capable of defending others, has a fucking off switch on the back of his neck

>It's an episode where the Federation could have dismantled Data, learn more about him, and built enough androids so every starship could have one, but instead treated him as a person with rights and not a machine.

are you sure about that, user?

Who is the asian broad?

Is Frakes conscious here?

I remember this episode. I thought it had an excellent reason that the Federation to not do this. I believe they determined it would be murder because Data is a human. Check and mate.

Why is Patrick Stewart facepalming?

It's security through incredulity, sort of like how the activation passcode for the nuclear football was 11111 for decades, the enemy will never think to check because no one could be that stupid, and your guys don't have to memorize elaborate security sequences.

i mean, aside from that of course

The real question is why they didn't just dismantle and reverse engineer Lore. Even a dysfunctional Android blueprint is a better starting point than no blueprint.

There was a whole episode about data getting a GF. I wonder how furious geordi was?

>all of them look offended and/or embarassed

My sides.

Molly O'brien.

>Slavery is okay as long as you're nice about it
Wew lad. Also there was no garauntee that data would survive the dismantling, or that they would be able to build more datas from the knowledge.
Part of the reason data said know was because that scientist guy was a fucking hack just trying to get something published, data said he doubted the guy's ability to do it in the first place.
Data is quite the pragmatist.

saucE?

I think they weren't allowed to imply that data was a fuck machine on primetime television after season 1. Man, season 1 took so many risks

TNG was syndicated from the get go. They financed the episodes, then sold them to whoever would by.
That's why everyone remembers TNG on a different channel. They didn't have to answer to a network really since they were just paying them for broadcast rights. Trek went downhill the minute they had to answer for ratings on an episodic level.

Nuclear football was pretty irrelevant. Individual Permissive Action Links on every US nuclear weapon were fixed at 0000 0000 until late 80's or early 90's. USAF didn't trust it's capability to not fucking up distribution of actual launch codes.

>The real question is why they didn't just dismantle and reverse engineer Lore.
Now that's thinking like a starfleet admiral. What's the worst that could happen?

In Season 2 in Measure of a Man Data testifies under oath that he and Tasha were intimate.

Not just and episode but one of the very best episodes of Trek.

Is that the actress who play Molly O'Brien?

Who is proposing to her?