Why do millenials study worthless courses in college and incur debt?

Why do millenials study worthless courses in college and incur debt?

because A FUCKING LEAF keeps posting shitty steve o millenial threads

This is a valid topic, stop shitposting

SAGE IN ALL FIELDS EVEN CAPTCHA

worthless means no demand in the free market

yeah when youre got a software engineering degree and cant do research or construct a coherent sentence/communicate effectively while being outclassed in your field by an ocean of pajeets willing to do your job for less pay and more hours with infinitely more certs than you have then yeah id call that pretty worthless

Jews brain wash them into doing it to get money from them

I'm trying to ask a serious question, many millenials are in debt and have no real job prospects. And I'm not a leaf, steve posting was done by a fellow Brit

because its easier

They aren't worthless. There are jobs related to those degerees and people are getting them.

It's just that there are too many fucking people and the only jobs left ether pay minimum wage or require genius level memory and or understandings of math and tech.

Easier than what?

Because the boomers lied and fucked it all up, but protected us from the truth. We didn't learn right till we got into the real world. Then it was just "oh shhhhhhhhhhhhit"

than finishing your GED, making a qualification test, try to get a scholarship, learn math for about a year or so just to grasp the theory behind your proffession and then after 3-4 years (in a good scenario) get an entry level job

why do that when you can fuck around with cameras all day while smoking weed

why do you steveopost or soepost EVERY FUCKING DAY

Because we were told that we had to. Because we were told that we didn't want to be slinging burgers for our whole lives. Because we were told that it was the only way to succeed. Because we were lied to.

>worhtless courses

for example?

SJW Studies

There was no way 18 year old me could have predicted that CE (or anything programming) was a useless degree that requires vagina or brown skin to actually get a job.

At 18, I thought discrimination was a historical thing.

even stem courses fail to teach job applicants the necessary skills for employment, and they still have to be trained from teh ground up

for stem, having to pass calculus is basically just a filtering mechanism. the rest of it is all just fluff that never gets used again.

college is fucking worthless

like gender studies and that stuff?, I honestly fail to understand the practical value of those degrees, like, what kind of industry or work labour requires them?, what do they even do?

>Hi I’m OP. You might remember me from such films as “I am a gigantic faggot” or the classic “Oh fuck I love cocks”

>Not studying something useful like system administration, programming, or engineering

Because their parents push them to it because they never made anything of themselves and project their insecurities onto their kids.

>programming
>useful

literally laughing out loud

A college degree used to be a ticket to most professional-level jobs. Other than doctor, lawyer, or architect, a college degree opened the door to mid-tier white-collar jobs.

It was only in the late 80's and early 90's that this started to change: temp agencies exploded when companies realized ti was cheaper to hire contractors than FTEs. Then, H1-B visas started flooding America, again screwing the college grad. It took about 20 years for the popular culture to realize what it knows now - that college is a scam. Courses are worthless, HR departments don't give a shit, textbooks are a racket, and kids graduate not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground. .

And looks who runs universities now. Look who flooded college faculty and high-level administration since the 60's. Look at the Presidents of major universities, and see who they are.

It's just another part of the pattern, nothing new under the sun. Enter the Jew, it all goes to shit.

Most of the college professors have never even agreed to this idea that their classes are to train the next generation of employees to be "work ready on day 1."

We have politicians like Obama and Bernie Sanders who have this idea that college professors are there to train people to be "work ready on day 1." But the professors themselves have never agreed to this idea.

If you ask professors what their job is, most of them will say "research, expanding minds, teaching concepts, teaching how to think." They won't say that its their job to train employees and be surrogate trainers.

You're missing at least 50 more posts from me, I steve posted about 4 times a day when not banned, someone reported me for cp and advertising when I posted my last thread.

This. STEM dual-major checking in. Around 37 hours of courses I've taken for core and other reasons (such as program changes) were bullshit that I didn't even study for and yet got As in. Another 30 was spent in weedout classes which were physical endurance tests more than anything else. Based on many professionals I've talked to, I won't even be using 75% of the remaining stuff I've had to learn.

At least I enjoy what I'm learning and I'm good at it.

Their stupidity is what causes them to study those things and the debt is the punishment for it. I would be all for free education if we fixed our universities by purging all the fields that aren't real education.

They're taught they can be anyone they want and some of them are so dense that they don't realise it was feel-good, idealistic nonsense by the time they're an adult.

yes, of course, the college professors are covering teir own asses, because the college deans ARE saying that colleges train students for work.

and actually, research shows quite blatantly that colleges don't train you how to think. it's a filtering process that weeds out idiots. the smart people ALREADY knew how to think, and that things such as insight, patience, and iq can't be trained. students come out of college with "smart sounding things" soundbytes, and societally acceptable packages of thoughts that they say, and this masquerades itself as being "how to think."

it's all garbage. all of it.

>STEM dual major

Fucking how m8?

I wanna do Biochem next fall and I am really interested in history. I was thinking about a double major, but if not, maybe a minor in European history.

because our boomer parents said that we needed to

and that then wed be living the dream

Because they're taught from kindergarten up that it is absolutely necessary to go to college to be a functioning member of society while simultaneously degrading valuable trade school career paths as inferior to working at burgerking with a liberal arts degree.

School offers a 5 year program for degrees in Applied Math and Engineering. The degrees have a decent amount of overlap so it works (many of the sophmore/junior level courses like Thermodynamics, Mechanics 1&2, Circuits, Fluids, etc.) count towards the math degree. However it comes out closer to 6 years depending upon which engineering you choose (expect to spend a lot longer if you choose Chem instead of say Civil). If you want to be definitely finished in 5 years taking 15-16 hr semesters, you're looking at taking summer courses. Others chose the 18 hr semester route. I did quite a bit of dual-credit which helped with the core classes.

Personally, I'd look at the economics of it all. Biochem and History don't have the same overlap that Math and Engineering do. If you really enjoy both, I'd consider focusing on the one that has a more reliable job market and salary and either get the second major at a later date or slowly study it while working. You could be covered by a scholarship for the additional semesters you spend in college, but you're trading several semesters worth of paychecks for that second degree.

>brother studied shit degree (marketing) and is making six figures at 24

I'm starting to believe education is a meme.

Jesus, stop fucking whining and get a job, willya?

You just gotta pound the pavement pound the pavement pound the pavement pound the pavement pound the pavement pound the pavement pound the pavement and show some gumption you lazy bitches.

Or millennials could consider learning a trade and starting their own business. Family friend started his own business repairing washing machines and dryers. The guy easily makes 3x what my dad makes working half the time my dad does. For reference, my dad is a ChemE.

They view college as 4 years of full time partying without your parents not needing to work.
They also whole-heartedly believe that completing 4 years of college (regardless of how well you did or what you learned in those 4 years) entitles them to an easy 6 figure job.

its networking

>iq can't be trained

It can though because the entire thing revolves around recognising patterns. Do an IQ test (a proper one), study pattern recognition for a couple of months and I will guarantee 200% your "IQ" will go up if you do another test.

IQ tests are childhood development tests, it's beyond embarrassing how few people seem to know this and it's always the ones who think they know what they're talking about who are the least educated on the subject.

Also many of these guys are Educated Idiots.
They're too stupid to pass Calc I and lack the common sense to learn a trade (plumbing, welding, etc). They flock to these liberal arts classes because they just have to sit down and remember what their prof tells them to. No thinking or problem solving is necessary.

Meanwhile Boomers drop out of high school and buy houses.

we're quibbling over terms. you clearly understand that I am referring to "g" and not the structure of a specific iq test.

g cannot be raised. maximal ability to train for iq tests is caused by g factor. first time performance for any iq metric without training is directly caused by g.

you're correct that iq is basically pattern recognition. g is pattern recognition. the capacity for sentience itself is PATTERN RECOGNITION

we're literally learning how neurons use signal amplification combined with XOR, RAND, AND etc. circuit patterns to form coherent thoughts and FACES. we can reconstruct FACIAL VISUALIZATIONS AND PATTERN RECOGNITION, EG "G FACTOR" patterns of neurons firing off in the bran

go fucking kill yourself. the margin of trainability on any given task is less than half of a standard deviation in performance. it's impossible for a 70 iq person to ever score 100. it's impossible for a 100 iq person to score 130.

iq is the ONLY salient metric ever produced by psychology.

>PATTERN RECOGNITION

lel pattern recognition have nothing to do with problem solving, creative thinking or critical thinking. its just how good of a parrot you are.

that's why complete morons do well in school, because they pecker all day trying to memorize useless shit they never use.
in some exams you get an "F" for not writing the answer directly from a book even though its true, it happened to me a few ties.

basically all the tests, including IQ tests are just testing 2 things. your memory and diligence.
there are creative tests that let you solve a problem in multiple ways but again, you are forced to choose a few premade answers.

the entire education system is corrupt, its controlled by many external forces that make money in order to preserve a broken system.

you don't have to be a genius to recognize that school teaches you things that you don't need, so why treat school like it some sort of genius system

>le jew
pattern recognition is the ability to take available to information and model it inside your head, creativity is then applying this mental reconstruction in different configurations

you literally cannot do one without the other, and you need to be able to have a robust working memory and long term memory in order to do this.

you're an idiot who knows nothing, and are probably jealous of people who always did better than you.

no doubt the education system is corrupt. good thing education has nothing to do with iq. in fact, education actively denounces iq because iq shows that the education industry is corrupt.

you just sound angry, stupid, and confused, and you're lashing out at things that displease you. your extended rant about grades, when iq tests have no grades, shows how fucking stupid you are.

are you mizrahim, shepardic or ashkenazi? I'm guessing one of the former.

colleges actually exist to give you debt to make you loyal to your job for decades, and to decrease the labor supply. yes it's a complete scam and utter waste of time, but the whole economy is built on scams.If you're smart enough you can get around it. a degree is still necessary for a lot of jobs but it's only to decrease the amount of people eligible to apply to that job, in order to make everyone else forced to work as a mc-slave to service the degreed class and the corpo-lords. If you are smart you will get as much college credits done in high school and then go to community college for the first two years, while maintaining a work history the whole time and "networking".

They may seem worthless, but courses such as history and political science are vital to understanding humanity. They may have no job worth, but I think it is a noble pursuit in academia.

>pattern recognition is the ability to take available to information and model it inside your head, creativity is then applying this mental reconstruction in different configurations

yes but the fact that you can vastly improve your IQ by just grinding math and do stupid when X reaches Y questions means that IQ tests are 1. not absolute 2. does not represent a population properly because its a floating value.
>you just sound angry, stupid, and confused
t. IQ tester

>when iq tests have no grades, shows how fucking stupid you are.
the number you get is some sort of grade isn't? or you just give it another meaning

can't tell if you're legitimately stupid, or just jewing me

either way you're making me want to go full 1488 on you for pervading your lies

Someone told me that she wanted a certificate to show how smart she was and I told her that money is a measure of intelligence. It's fair to say, we never went out on a date.

the fact that you get so insanely mad by my post proves that you are a retard.

cuz they stupid

>ME GO TO COLLEGE !!

>ME GO INTO DEBT, BUT ME NO CARE

>ME GET RICH !

It is degradation of society. From the time people are young, they are told they can do anything they want to do. Degrees in women's studies or liberal arts are easy to get. And they are generally more interesting to these lazy fucks than something serious like Mathematics or Engineering sciences. So they become anything they want to be for free (or so it seems at the time). But the problem is there is virtually no demand for those kinds of degrees because they don't produce anything. They just exist and suck off the lives of other jobs that actually create stuff. They are going to be a jobless generation with immense debt. It is kind of sad though because I see people I know and love getting those degrees and not finding employment as a result. Gender studies is what these people care about so they want to have fun and learn about it. But they are unable to work hard so they get nothing in return. It's more trophy generation stuff. No matter if you lose or win you get a free pass and a pat on the back. Shillary is now discussing wiping everyone's college debt. More pampering baby crap.

>I am 19 btw. In the US Army.

Because that is what they are told to do by the authorities they've been indoctrinated into respecting.

Kek. I will never grow tired of seeing these threads.

>Glorified welfare leech complaining about the degradation of society.
You dropped out of highschool and now get paid to shoot illiterate shepards. Congratulations.

I went to a top 5 engineering school for EE because my parents made me. Didn't know what an engineer really did until I started my job.

Sending my kid to college, and I think I understand. If you put money into a university, you had better either fucking kill it in STEM, or be socially suave and get in with a solid crew via the greek system. Non-stem GDI's are basically useless, and it's a waste of money.

The boys club is alive an well, gotta pay to play. I've been generous with a few donations, that shit will set my kids off proper.

Because the right has orchestrated a system where college is the newest money-making scheme and you can't get employed anywhere that pays over minimum wage without at least some throw-away unrelated degree.

At least Obama is fucking with the right's bullshit by forcing lower tuitions and less interest on the debt, which makes conservashits rage.

Dominican-American here.
Parents are legal immigrants that worked hard and paid for my private high school education.
By the time I was a junior I realized that college was a meme for the vast majority of people attending.
I major in CS, so it wasn't a complete waste, but I'd be lying if I said I actually needed it to get a job.
It worked out okay for me and I've since paid off the loans, but fuck.

Part of the problem is that parents who don't know better will push you to go. And for immigrant parents who try their best for their kids, there's no way of convincing them that the path out of poverty for their bloodline is no longer valid. I would have been disowned or at the very least beaten to submission if I even brought up not going to college.

40k later, at least I'm out of the guilt.

Such sweet&salty rage. It's supply and demand.

You're argument is basically that the right orchestrated a system where single family home mortgages are the newest money making scheme and you can't buy a house in a nice neighborhood unless you have some income to afford it. At least the left orchestrated a system by which loans are easier to get for people who can't afford them.

Remember how that turned out?

The right orchestrated another scheme where you reduce regulations on banks, let them sell subprime loans bundled together and coerce rating companies to give them AAA ratings, and stand back incompetently and allow the US economy to collapse and have no idea how to fix it aside from paying those same banks bailout money and not sending more than 1 irrelevant person to prison.

The right fucks up a lot of shit for selfish reasons. Education is only one of them.

Illiterate shepards who want to rape and destroy you. Good luck on you're own keyboard warrior. I am sure you'll fare well against the suicide jihadis.

I know that Americans are bad at geography, so I've included an illustration to help you understand.
I live in the blue box.
Operation Improving Bloodbath has been waged against some of the countries in the red box.
Can you see all of the other countries between the blue box and the red box? The light blue area consists of what we call water. That's a lot of distance these potential terrorists need to cover. Unless Arabs have dicks that are several thousand miles long, I can't be raped. But thank you for your concern.

I'm dropping my Calc II after day one. I don't know why but I just kinda thought, "fuck it". I don't enjoy learning mathematics and I don't really care about engineering all that much. I just heard about the STEM stuff and thought it would be secure(plus the salary). I think I'm going economics instead lads.

Blame was everywhere, the net effect was that people who shouldn't buy houses were able to buy them. So... you think Obama giving loans for kids to get education they can't afford is a good idea.

Brilliant. Nice work trying to keep it left vs right when you are running into a wall. 7/10, would shill with.

Yeah. No worries. No way they will ever get nea.... >rape intensifies

it's an attempt to avoid having to live with the dusky hordes. tricks on them.

>he thinks you don't need calculus in economics

Because "Everyone should go to college"

Why do you keep posting this everyday when you come home from working in the clothing store, Bill

>Education is pure democrap domain unless its stem
>Obongo made it even harder to get rid of student loans

Who?

My limbs are sore and I'm still unemployed. What now?