James Cameron Only Supported 'Terminator: Genisys' As Favour To Schwarzenegger

>“I think it’s fairly widely known that I don’t have a lot of respect for the films that were made later,” Cameron says. “I was supportive at the time in each case for Arnold’s sake because he is a close friend. He has been a mate of mine since 33 years ago so I was always supportive and never too negative. But they didn’t work for me for various reasons.”

bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3449536/james-cameron-plans-reinvent-terminator-new-trilogy/

so he lied to fans and audiences trying to sell a movie he didn't believe in solely because he is buddies with Arnold. What a fucking ass

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7LqgdNVTcRA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>loyal to the point where he's willing to gamble his reputation to help a friend
>"What a fucking ass"

You couldn't have made it more obvious that you've never had a really good friend. Or maybe you are just a bad friend.

>so he lied to fans and audiences trying to sell a movie he didn't believe in solely because he is buddies with Arnold. What a fucking ass

IT'S CALLED FRIENDSHIP OP

What a lying asshole

youtube.com/watch?v=7LqgdNVTcRA

/thread/

can the terminator even be reinvented with out Arnold?

There are no action hero bad asses anymore, I only see twinks

>>>/thread/

Could you not tell how insincere he was here? I remember seeing this back in 2015 and thinking it was the equivalent of a POW blinking in morse code.

When Bruce Willis 'viral marketed' Die Hard 4 with a skype interview on Aint It Cool News back in 2007 he said it was the best Die Hard movie yet. Lying is what these people do for a living.

>you now understand that most movies exist for this reason

But Bruce Willis genuinely thinks Die Hard 4 is the best one, unironically.

>When Bruce Willis 'viral marketed' Die Hard 4 with a skype interview on Aint It Cool News back in 2007 he said it was the best Die Hard movie yet. Lying is what these people do for a living.
What's really shitty is that Willis, or even Arnold, didn't move a finger to publicly support McTiernan when he ran into trouble. It's a tragedy that Die Hard or Predator fans don't know or care what happened to him, but will still mindlessly go watch sequels or reboots made by studio hacks who shit all over his legacy for easy profit. All thes pseudo-nerd bullshit websites who look getting clickbait quotes and headlines from Cameron on new Termninator or Alien flicks, no one ever asks the question "why isn't McTiernan directing the new Die Hard?" or go give him an interview to pay homage to him. He's been left to rot in the shadow and it's depressing.

was anyone really fooled when he said that?
Even the normies at honest trailer for genisys wonder how much he got paid to say that and LOTS of people watch honest trailer

He lied to strangers, idiots, the masses, for a friend.

Don't really see how that's bad, he's a good friend.

Make moar CGI

>ywn have Cameron supporting your shitty movie

lol he tried to steal others writings for Terminator and not give any credit. Luckily Harlan Elison is way to based to let him get away with it.

>a good friend

Elison is a fool who thinks too highly of himself. He is a sue-happy old fart with too much time on his hands.

Being good friends with someone doesn't mean being willing to do anything they want. It's perfectly fine to refuse requests that violate your moral code.

I mean, McTiernan did lie to the feds.

I don't think any major star has ever publicly expressed support for McTiernan, but in Arnold's autobiography he does pay McTiernan the complaint of saying that if the Predator sequels had been directed by someone of McTiernan's caliber the series' success would've rivaled Terminator. I thought that was sweet.

Arnold actually got McTiernan the job on Predator when he saw McTiernan's first movie, Nomads. It got released on Blu-ray recently. Worth checking out.

>fuck the fans spending their hard-earned money, my rich as fuck friend and former governor Arnie has a new film out
rly?

I wanted it to be good for Arnold as well, so I understand and forgive.

Arnold can no longer play a convincing Terminator. Genishyt made that obvious. Who would you cast as the next main Terminator guy? The Accountant made me think that Affleck could do a good job but he might be too close to Batman now. Fassbender is too close to that android from the new shitty Alien films. Jake Gyllenhaal would also work. Karl Urban and Tom Hardy are also good choices imo. It all also depends on whether he's supposed to be good or bad. Javier Bardem would be an awesome bad Terminator. Michael Shannon, Viggo Mortensen, Clive Owen,... who would you guys suggest?

If you were stupid enough to believe that Jim Cameron truly endorsed any of the post-T2 Terminator films, you're a fucking moron and should neck yourself.

>Arnold will never be your m8

Why even live

Don't cast a known actor at all. Find someone who isn't even a C lister. Or even better a complete noname. The Terminator is a scary killer robot. Giving him the face of a popular film star destroys that. When I was little and T1 for the first time I didn't know who Arnold was so he was really scary to me. Same with Robert Patrick in T2. Invite hundreds of men to casting and pic the best one. When seeing that new Terminator it should be a nobody so you are not preconditioned due to knowing the actor and maybe liking him irl.

>I don't think any major star has ever publicly expressed support for McTiernan
People have supported other filmmakers for far worse offenses, you know who I'm talking about. The real reason it got swept under the rug is because he committed the sin of going against the suits and wiretapped his producer in the name of art because he was losing creative control of his film, a much more grave sin in Hollywood than sodomizing a teenage girl. Sam Jackson tweeted a word a support, that was nice of him. There was a support page on fb and a few people mentioned their admiration, like Edgar Wright and Brad Bird. Then there was James Gunn who insulted him because he's friend with the producer who got wiretapped, that made me lose whatever little respect I had for him. It's symbolic to see that someone like Gunn who's now a complete sellout Disney whore siding with the suits, while someone like Wright had the integrity to cut ties with them the moment he realized he was getting fucked over.

Even though I'm not a huge fan of The Dwayne, I'd love to see him take over the role of the Terminator.

>having friends
NORMIES NEED TO LEAVE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BASED

>mate
he has been in New Zealand for too long

>T-LITTY4FANS

>Going to a movie just because someone said too.

Official. James Cameron is a complete sell out.

>"I start to see things I recognize. It’s being very respectful of first two films. Then all of the sudden, it just swerves. And now I’m going on a journey."
Read between the lines retard. Cameron hates all Termibator films he wasn't involved in. Who are the victims here? You are buttblasted because you took James Cameron's advice about anything unrelated to himself? Because you lost $8 dollars based on a tepid enditsend in an Variety interview?

so why hasnt this lazy canadian cuck made terminator 3 yet?

did too much seawater get in his brain when filming titanic?

Actual terminator fans with more than two brain cells knew Cameron was lying and why he was lying.

What a dipshit

Like I believe him that that was why he did it and all but it just makes him look like a lying wanker