Is this the most overrated city on the planet?

Is this the most overrated city on the planet?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NYC is more overrated

Yes, if you expect fairy tale.

yes (I've never been there)

no, paris being overrated is such a widespread meme that it is now underrated

filled with the most overrated people. I swear, Germans were more welcoming than the French

London or NYC are up there. Melbourne too, but that's more of an Australian thing. Fuck Melbourne.

No, LA is.

Rio by far

Yes. In fact, it's so overrated that Japs can suffer a debilitating condition called "Paris syndrome" when they go there due to it not meeting their idealised expectations.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome

amster"dude weed"dam

see, it is underated
there's a whole medical condition for thinking it's shit

I have never heard anything other than LA being a literal hellscape

But the medical condition only occurs in patients who at one point believed it to be good

So it has to be underrated in their minds before they become prone to overrated syndrome

They literally had a scene about this in Sopranos where they kinda kept deluding themselves that it was so romantic and beautiful

Rio de Janigger.

A lot of normies think only about Beautiful and the Bold, Hollywood and Malibu when thinking about LA.

But that's only because they have completely unrealistic expectations.

Fuck you all, Paris is romantic af. (as long as you don't go to Saint-Denis and Paris-nord in general)

but they far overreact to it and others believe and spread the overreaction thinking they know the "secret" that paris isn't a magical fairy tale land and instead imagine it is a hellish place as they get caught up in their circle jerk

>Paris is romantic af
it's really not, it's ugly and smelly

at this point the world knows it is garbage

maybe

>it's ugly and smelly
I may give you that it smells (never experienced it, but ok), but ugly?
Give us a favor and stay in your soulless shithole in North America thanks.

No it's because they're genetically inferior

i would guess tokyo but i've never been

Tokyo is ok for the weaboo shit people go for.

Venice

There are some places there that are decent but in general it is a place without sidewalk with a lot of people and violence. When I went there the van I enter had a gas canister inside, weeks later rolled up murders in a square near the place where I stay.

So much shit on the sidewalk you'd think you were in Mumbai.

I imagine it's Dubai but haven't been there.
Paris, London and NYC are the most overrated ones i've been desu

This. The only people that wanna go to Japan are weebs or chads looking for pussy but they typically go to SEA instead.

>Paris, London and NYC
I've liked all of them

Just went to Paris for the first time and had the opposite feeling. It was even more beautiful and impressive than I had imagined.

I mean they're okay but just too busy, overcrowded, expensive and fake for my taste, and overall not as good as everyone says.
I unironically liked travelling in Slovakia more (it's okay to blush user)

It's not. Paris is the most beautiful city I've visited.
I bet you haven't visited it.

if you go to Japan to get pussies, it's because you're a beta virgin much more than a chad

why would he blush from being complimented by a wh*Te dog like you?

>first time in France alone after studying French on my own for 2 years last spring

>Paris
>having a blast in the city, doing all the stereotypical touristy things I always wanted to do(Catacombs, Napoleon's Tomb, Eiffel Tower, free museums, Egyptian wing in the Louvre etc.)
>everyone is nice and compliments my French
>going up Montparnasse, ticket vendor let's me cut in line in front of a Chinese tourist group in order to see the sunset on time because they are fumbling with their tickets and I speak French.
>buying a monde diplo at the news paper stand where Cameroonian vendors banter me while testing my French skills, they tell me everything was better when the Germans ran the country laughing. One of them replaces the creasy paper I took out of the display stand with a new one and wish me a pleasant journey

>Bordeaux
>totally awesome experience
>shown around town by my pen pal, from the historical center to the Roman ruins and the student pubs
>trying everything from bœuf bourgignon, canelé, pâté basque, macarons and much more
>day trips to the Dune de Pilat and St. Emilion down the caves of the Monolith Church
>stocking up recommended wines for my father

>Strasbourg
>Petite France, EuroParl, cathedral etc.
>letting my journey fizzle out with Alsatian beer and Flammkuchen until I climb into the bus and head home

Overall 10/10 experience. I'll be back for more.

it's a very beautiful city especially compared to other capitals
however people tend to romantasize and over-expect when it comes to Paris

>I'll be back for more.
>flag

>Slovaks
>not wh*Te

Come to Lyon one day. Genuinely the city I enjoyed living in the most.

Guess where I will spend my Erasmus semester.

Aix-en-Provence? Montpellier?

It is ever since it got BLACKED. Now it looks like Los Angeles skid row.

Nice. Might visit you then.

CPE Lyon, maybe.

LA is more of a city everyone online seems to hate for no actual reason other than "muh spics in muh country and muh soyboys" but IRL it's an ok city.

Rennes is a nice city to go to if you're ever in the west, small but with a lot of atmosphere and near great looking places (Dinan,saint-malo,Dinard,the coast...)

New York only cause they have the arrogance to self appoint themselves "The Greatest City".

No worries, Brittany, Normandy, Pays de Loire, Côte d'Azure...

There are a lot of places in France that are still on my bucket list.

Never said it's shit, just that it's overrated. LA is probably the Paris of the XX century, Hollywood depicted it as the place to be and a lot of normies idealise it as such.

>this post
>this flag
The black people I met in Paris seemed to fit in. They also seemed civilized.
Then again, I didn't venture into any of the suburbs.

It's too spread out and therefore lacks unifying identity. LA is like a collection of cities.

LA is an endless sprawl due to building restrictions and earthquake scare. LA sucks.

Never met a rude French irl, on the contrary my experience is they go above and beyond what courtesy would dictate to make a guest comfortable.

Nah, Paris is a beautiful city and the people are fucking awesome as long as you get it you've got to take your time and not expect a theme park experience.

There's some great place to see in Normandy too, but you'll need a local to know what's good or not otherwise you'll just see war related things or shit cities

>The black people I met in Paris seemed to fit in. They also seemed civilized.
A lot of them are. A lot of them also aren't, but I suspect they're the "new" ones. Niggers in Montmartre literally tug your wrist and hold it tight to force you to buy their trash (those things that they try to "sell" to tourists), actually happened to me and completely ruined my perception of Black French.

technically, the suburbs are not Paris but independant communes

The most overrated city in the EU is the capital of the EU.

Actually it is Des Moines that is the most underrated city in America

>Niggers in Montmartre literally tug your wrist and hold it tight to force you to buy their trash
One of them scrathed my hand while he tried to put that shit on my wrist. I was afraid that I got HIV from him.

My hood

Kek. I just told them to fuck off when I was visiting Paris.

Holy fuck. They should do something about Pigalle. it's the only tourist area that is completely trash.

It is full of spics and soyboys. I grew up in Mar Vista which on the West Side.

hurry up and make it look like this already

This. Paris is pretty overrated, but there's actually a lot of things worth seeing there. It earned its reputation and it just got overblown a bit.

NYC on the other hand has no right to exist as a tourist destination. It's overblown into being "The Big Apple" but what's actually to see there? Broadway? A theater the likes of which Paris has dozens? Or what about Time Square, which is uninteresting to literally anyone who isn't a banker (read: 99.9% of people). And let's not forget how much of New York is actually crime ridden and how expensive the city is.

Unless you have a valid reason to be there, there's no reason to visit it. Hell, given the exhorbitant rent prices there's barely a reason to live there either.

>Exclusively affects Japanese
>20 out of 6 million
>It affects less than 1% of 1% of 10% of visitors to Paris.

Definitely.

It's dirty as fuck and it saddens me to see other big capitals being more organized and less dangerous than Paris. Just took a week's vacations in the Netherlands and the cities were beautiful, it'd much rather go there than to Paris.

cleanest city; one of the smartest citizens in the world

overrated/10

t. Provincial