So how come I didn't hear any controversy of people going apeshit over Nadia replacing Janet as the Wasp...

So how come I didn't hear any controversy of people going apeshit over Nadia replacing Janet as the Wasp? Is it because Wasp was already female and her skin lacks melanin?

Nadia is pretty waifu.

Because Janet didn't get replaced, there are just two Wasps now.

And you're assuming Janet has any sort of fanbase to begin with.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about Janet.
>inb4 EMH Wasp
Fuck off, cartoonfags.

Is it because pseudo-comic readers dont know who the Wasp is yet because she hasn't officially appeared in an MCU movie yet>?

FALSE!
People still complain about Miles and Kamala and CapFalcon and GirlHawkeye.

>Miles
Is mostly because of Bendis hate
>Kamala
Is mostly because people hate waifufags
>CapFalcon
If you read comics you will realize that besides Bucky, Falcon always had a chance to get the shield.
>Kate Bishop
The only complain I have heard about her is that Sup Forums hates people shipping her with Miss America Chavez

I'm at the point where I just groan and move on.

Hey, Wasp was good.
For a while.
Decades ago.

>Is it because Wasp was already female and her skin lacks melanin?

You would be correct, but also because nobody cares about the Wasp, or Hawkeye, or most of the Avengers.

Nobody's getting replaced. Janet will be in featured heavily in the book. It's about time a Pym had a solo.

>The only complain I have heard about her is that Sup Forums hates people shipping her with Miss America Chavez

People also hate her because the only way to make her notable is to turn Clint into a pathetic shlub.

So how come nobody realized this with Whor, Kamala, and Miles?

With Whor it's because she's written like shit.

Whor's pretty good though.

Agreed. I really like Whor. Autistic non-comic readers saw that out of context joke panel with Absorbing Man making fun of them and wrote off the series because of it.

I honestly don't remember when Janet wasn't written like idiot.
Best Wasp is Hank, anyway.

Precisely, Sup Forums is the only place where the majority dislikes Whor, but Sup Forums is 90% made of
>Autistic non-comic readers

You can't argue with a great nickname though.

The book is garbage and its only saving grace is the good art.

She was good under Roger Stern.

>Best Wasp is Hank, anyway.
You're not wrong, but I do still like Janet.
Never shine a light on her, but she can be perfectly fine on a team.
Nothing wrong with her in Uncanny Avengers.

Eh. The book has huge glaring flaws and Jane has all the personality of toast.
The flaws have been listed many times, though.
And she is actually at least okay in other books.
Still, Jane was a bad call and her book was ill-conceived.
Sif would have gotten more good will at least. And might have spouted less flat girl power rhetoric

Nah, nice try though.

No it really is awful, nice try defending it.

People in Sup Forums only complained about Kamala because she's muslim and later because of waifufags.

So, has Marvel revealed what did Fury whisper to Thor to make him unworthy?

Buy Unworthy Thor that comes out this autumn to discover, true believer!

ALONSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This.
Let Kate do her thing without mentioning Clint and shed be fine.

I like this pic, it has a very Kamen Rider-ish vibe to it. Are Ant-Man, Wasp, and Blue Beetle the one only Rider like heroes in the west?

Blue Beetle's the only rider like hero from them.

>TL Note: Nadia is Hope in Russian

I'd say its mostly from the notion of Pym's kid taking up the superhero gig has a real legacy feel to it without obviously forced politics behind it.

Miles feels like he was made by a committee.

Because it was a white woman replacing a white woman, rather than a woman replacing a man or a minority replacing a white person.

It's still forced because muh MCU.
I'm surprised she's not older so she can be paired with Lang.

>tfw Havok and Wasp will never be happy

Anyways, this doesn't really bother me. In truth the only things that have are SpOck, FalCap (but really only for its incredible temporal proximity to BuckyCap). Don't care about Miles cause didn't read Ultimates, and don't care about Ms. Marvel because let's face it, nobody liked Ms. Marvel in the first place ayyy.

I too saw that Absorbing Man section, care to explain how it was out of context, what was the joke?

There was nothing "out of context". Titania knocks out the love of her life and surrenders to the female thor over, in her words, "a one time girl-power pass".

If anything, the previous page makes it worse when thor breaks Creel's jaw and thinks "thats for saying 'feminist' like its a four-letter word. and also... you know... for the robbing".

Its both cringeworthy and would be pitchfork-worthy if the titania-absorbing man roles were reversed. But hey, a lady hitting her man is empowering not abuse.

>I'm surprised she's not older so she can be paired with Lang.
That's what Beetle's for.

>I'm surprised she's not older
Barring time-travel, it wouldn't make any sense for her to be older. Pym became Ant-man in-universe around 14-15 years ago, and Maria had been kidnapped/killed only a year or two prior. She couldn't be any older than 16-17 for the timeline to make sense.

The joke is that Absorbing Man was an obvious allegory for stupid sexist people ragging on Jane being the new God of Thunder simply because she's a female(I like the premise and it works). The neckbeards Absorbing Man was making fun of got butthurt and started spamming that out of conext panel everywhere. People who didn't read the comic took it as honest regular dialogue from the character and assumed the entire book was written that way.

It's like if people took an episode of South Park at face value.

>Whor is on par with South Park
...so...shit?

What kind of mental gymnastics did you do to jump to this conclusion you autist? Do you not understand what Whor did and what South Park does is satire?

Just because it's satirical that doesn't make it good, chum.

it isn't a 4th wall breaking book and is in universe and part of their characters now though. It really throws a wrecking ball in their relationship. Titiana now takes feminism more seriously than a real relationship. It's shit and you know it

I never said it was good. I said people missed point of it being satire.

>Titiana

Satire doesnt have to break the 4th wall user. And their relationship was never great, this isn't Superman and Lois Lane. A woman like Titana would definitely want to shut her BF's idiotic sexist ranting up. Abosorbing Man has always been an idiot and Titania has always been smarter than that.

But Creel clearly says he has no problem with her just for being female but that she should adopt her own identity instead of co-opting an existing male hero's identity. Which is indeed what the critics of the book were saying.

But some people apparently cannot fathom a legitimate critique occurs without rabid misogyny being the cause. Hell, I like Foster-Thor but I can see legit reasons to dislike the gigantic crap that was taken upon the Odinson to get us here.

How well would a joke of Creel knocking Titania out have been taken? Face it, it was a simple sexist attack on men but that allegory is ok in the current political environment.

I don't know that I agree that people missed the point. Take that panel in The All New Wolverine. Laura says guys on the internet complained about it. I get the dig and that it's tongue in cheek, but insulting your audience is really poor form. I don't mind X-23 being Wolverine, but it's still cringeworthy. I think people caught that from the Whor book, context or not, and said eugh no thanks.

Aha, so the secret to his absorbency is that he's made of straw!

>but insulting your audience is really poor form

Only if your audience is retarded and can't take a tiny one page/panel jab...
>Big Two fans
Oh.
Then it is in poor form.

>Only if your audience is retarded and can't take a tiny one page/panel jab...
I disagree. The audience is essentially your bread and utter making fun of them in such a lowbrow form is uncouth.
I'm all for a little levity, but be clever with it.

Your argument is essentially
>muh feelings
Again, it's a panel, if you get rustled by one (1) panel in a comic, maybe you should look into something more child friendly.

>in and out of jail
>hooked up with a cold blooded killer
>smart

Ladies, the bar is low.

>Your argument is essentially
>>muh feelings
Not really. It's that I'd rather a creative taunt than a lazy bungling one because one is better writing than the other.
>Again, it's a panel, if you get rustled by one (1) panel in a comic, maybe you should look into something more child friendly.
Wholeheartedly agree.

janet is a whore ... is the bicycle of the avengers and fucking annoying

I do get your point of view but those people Laura referred to are clearly not the intended audience for the book and werent going to like it to begin with. I dont understand why people get buttfurious when they're called out on their shit. We can agree to disagree but I really do think people arent giving Whor a chance because they had their feelings hurt by that panel.
>simple sexist attack on men

Oh shut up user it's a picture book. Man up and stop trying to force a victim mentality.

>hooked up with a cold blooded killer and rapist
ftfy

But yeah lets get back to the thread topic. What is Janet doing nowadays? Last time I saw was in Rage of Ultron.

Staying with Uncanny Avengers after they kill Pymtron.

Different user, I get where you're coming from but I kinda have to disagree.
I got bored with Aaron's Thor after Godbutcher, which was just ok in my opinion, and have no real opinions about Jane, but it's never a good idea to drive away readers even the stupid reactionary ones. Read the letters pages of the 1960's, back when being progressive actually took balls, and you'll see that even Stan Lee understood this. Do you think current Marvel inderstands marketing comics better than Stan?
I sure as fuck don't. It isn't really even a question.

Out of curiosity, though, has the fact that Jane was deemed unworthy of immortality/goodhood in Thor #136 been addressed at all in the current series?

She's with the Uncanny Avengers.

>but it's never a good idea to drive away readers even the stupid reactionary ones

But that's the thing, Whor sells more than Thor, it's not driving anyone away, not in significant numbers anyway.

>you'll see that even Stan Lee understood this

Stan Lee was a master at rustling people with trivial matters to create rivalries and company loyalty. I don't think current Marvel understands much of anything better than Stan did/does, I think they learned and applied all of his lessons.