Do you think Halo has potential for a movie. I know they've done some shitty live action TV shows...

Do you think Halo has potential for a movie. I know they've done some shitty live action TV shows, but like a Real fucking movie with a serious Budget and Director??????

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sCxv2daOwjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8e1No_Oo8f8&t=1739
screenrant.com/steven-spielberg-halo-tv-series-update/
youtube.com/watch?v=S68GmenFk2g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody cares about Halo anymore.

If they follow the books a bit then MAYBE

There is just so much shit going on for one movie to cover, even a couple.

An OSDT movie could work, with a S-II cameo

This, it is the Zune of video games.

I'm pretty sure they had tried to make it but turned to district 9. Either way, I don't think it could translate to film, the games up til reach was enough

Halo is a pretty cool guy, eh kills aliens and doesnt afraid of anything

Way too old, as this shitty meme...nobody cares about them now

I'm think they should just follow combat evolved. If it works it's wide open for a sequel and if not so be it.

I think it could just make interesting side characters to bounce off Master Chief.

a Halo movie is 10 years too late

They tried to make one but apparently Bungie was asking for WAYY too much by industry standards. I read somewhere that they wanted 60% of royalties and some other ludacris demands that no Hollywood studio would ever take. Peter Jackson was going to hand over the Halo movie to Neil Blomkamp however when plans for the movie fell apart, Jackson gave him the funding to create District 9.

Its a shame too because I think Halo has some pretty cool lore.
>Using 7.62x51 against 8 foot tall aliums waging a space jihad against Humanity.

Only thing i really wanted to see was a 4 minute single shot sequence of ODST's dropping from orbit.

Halo 5 really was the last nail in the coffin

Literally never gonna happen

Halo is my favorite sci fi franchise of all time but I just don't see Hollywood making a good Halo movie. Too much lore for them to butcher and it would require way too much cgi. MAYBE someone like Cameron could pull it off but he'd never do it.

>tfw will never be sitting in a theater when youtube.com/watch?v=sCxv2daOwjQ starts blasting through the speakers

>Mjolnir Mix

>you will never see this on the big screen youtube.com/watch?v=8e1No_Oo8f8&t=1739

>They tried to make one but apparently Bungie was asking for WAYY too much by industry standards. I read somewhere that they wanted 60% of royalties and some other ludacris demands that no Hollywood studio would ever take.

It was Microsoft. I forget what the exact percentages were but the deal was MS got a cut of revenue, tried to get studios into a bidding war for Halo, then every studio said no except for 20th Century Fox and Universal. MS got out-Jewed when Fox and Universal leveraged their position as the last men standing to co-produce the movie, with one of them getting domestic rights and the other international. So now the cash is split three ways instead of two. Then Peter Jackson is approached to direct but declines and says he'll produce it. His production company gets a cut because he's a big-shot, so now the cash is split four ways. I think there may have even been more first dollar gross players beyond than that.

So of course now the movie can never work, the margins for profitability for any of the entities involved are incredibly slim, and meanwhile they're getting a true picture of just how much Halo is going to cost as it nears production. Fox realizes it can't work (and doesn't believe in the movie or Blomkamp anyway) and asks Jackson and the other producers to lower their fees; the producers refuse and the movie is cancelled.

It's like a fucking Aesop's fable in terms of every party's greed leading to them each getting nothing.

There is a Halo Tv show that's being made for Showtime

they've made like 3 live action halo movies already
and a couple of animated ones

Halo has ripped off so many other Sci-Fi movies it's completely pointless.

You're right

screenrant.com/steven-spielberg-halo-tv-series-update/

Not really man. For 2000 it was an original concept besides the flood which was a neat take on Space Zombies.

>not youtube.com/watch?v=S68GmenFk2g

even if it came out it would probably be some nuHalo 343 garbage and not the old book stories

wtf is wrong with /tv fags?
you people actually want prequels, remakes, capeshit and vidya movies?
please kill yourselfs.

THIS THIS THIS

I just want a Halo movie done in the style of Saving Private Ryan or Band Of Brothers, something kind of realistic and gory. I dont' think it would work all that well if it only focused on MC, but if you were following soldiers or showing a huge battle it would be perfect.

I think some of the short live action videos they shot were kind of like that.