This is a great movie

this is a great movie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yGnfFW-vyzU
youtube.com/watch?v=56cnOkQFRwo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

horrible bullshit

I wish they decided to go the historical route again, but get as close to 5th or 6th century historical accuracy as possible. That's one thing the 2004 King Arthur film did not achieve.

No it isn't

I thought it was interesting how they made the entire movie so manic to make sure not to bore the ADD crowd, and yet it became even more boring. The pace was always frantic and it became completely monotonous and I had trouble paying attention or giving a fuck.

indeed it is

>that video game final battle
All that was missing was the on-screen cues for what button to push to make the next move to defeat the boss. So fucking shit.

i lasted three minutes. abject shit

It was god awful

>arthur growing up
>here's a highlight reel of it

>go to the shadow lands
>here's a highlight reel

JESUS FUCK, and what the fuck was that music?

the music was the best part, reminded me of Vikings tv show

Vikings sucks ass.

It was an ok hollywoodesque action flick, I don't have a single clue why they slammed "king arthur" on the posters though. Was he in the movie? Or any part of his actual legend?

Now that Ragnar died? yes. But it used to be good.

>Was he in the movie?

He's the protagonist but they reimagined him as a chad-looking pirate raised in a brothel because muh edginess.

>Was he in the movie
who exactly did you imagine the film was following?

Thor's brother.

It has some nice visuals but overall it's a mess.

not great, but not worse than an average capeshit.

>who exactly did you imagine the film was following?
he's right though. if it didn't invoke the king arthur name, it wouldn't have raised such ire

>he's right though. if it didn't invoke the king arthur name, it wouldn't have raised such ire
The fuck are you talking about

Haven't seen it yet but Guy Ritchie can do no wrong. (except revolver)

It would have been better if it was about original characters instead of trying to make it fit in the the traditional King Arthur mythos. They changed so much anyway about all it had in common was that there was a guy named Arthur in it.

Correct
Shame it's unrecognised and flopped

What about Swept Away?

It's really bad.

That's what they said about Rock n Rolla
We've all done dumb shit for pussy.

>who exactly did you imagine the film was following?
I'm guessing user was referencing the substantial established Arthur mythos.

Rock n Rolla is good. But Arthur is a total mess. I was dissapointed after ANKLE kino.

It's atrocious shit.
Codename U.N.C.L.E. on the other hand was unironically underrated cold war action comedy KINO. It's a shame it bombed because it shits on all the agend trash that came out in 2015, including Libshit Bond Spectre, Kingsman: Redditry and Rogue Nation.

*cold war agent comedy

It had some right ideas, but ultimately the execution fails at nearly every front.

Little bit better than failure.

It's better than every other "summer blockbuster" out this year so far.

The editing made me vomit.

Why was Merlin and Lancelot black?

>Merlin
No he wasn't
>Lancelot
not in the movie, did you mean Bedivere?

>implying I watched the film

This film successfully alienated both legend and historical crowds. Instead of having a good character based movie we ended up with "dude what if we take the Arthurian legend but make it like warcraft so chinks love it?" a terrible rubbish of a film as an adaptation. And if we consider it on it's own we get just a very subpar shitty fantasy flick.

Don't worry, practically nobody did.

it felt from the start to finish like a video game
>cut scene
>first action scene where you get a taste when your character has his final power
>other cut scene
>do some quests to grow up
>cut scene
>dark land scenario
>cut scene
>do some quest to unlock london mission
etc

I thought it was alright but nothing special

VERY videogamey towards the end

It's funny, I was thinking to myself 'gee this reminds me of Snatch', and there's Guy Ritchie!

I was enjoying it until the fucking ps2 cutscene cgi started

Like Warcraft? What do you mean?

You're just talking about the classic 'hero's journey', you quite literally could not apply a more generic description.

I love posting this webm

it's all about execution and writing. both lacking in this shitpile

wow that looks retarded

Matrix reloaded did it better and that was over a decade ago in broad daylight.

I like how videogamey this was. I really did, but I hated how the film didn't go all the way with it.

There is unironically nothing wrong with this

Does anyone actually say this is enjoyable or entertaining? I have a really low bar when it comes to movies that I find entertaining, but I can't abide horseshit. Can I get a real film connoisseur's take on this?

This is a great movie though

It's an engaging enough movie that will keep you entertained if you can appreciate the surface value.

David Beckham makes a cameo.

What the fuck is this post? You whine about ADD and then you basically admit to having it. Sorry the movie was too hard for you to follow, but that's not Guy Ritchie's fault, you fucking pleb.

>All that was missing was the on-screen cues for what button to push to make the next move to defeat the boss.
How few fucking video games do you play? This almost never happens, and certainly not in a final boss battle.

Gray is great.

>David Beckham makes a cameo.
where

THIS IS WHAT I WAS EXPECTED.
AND IN THE END I GOT SNATCH REMAKE.

He has a minor couple of lines as a sergeant but gets a good few seconds of solid focused camera.

It really is. I'm glad more people are coming to appreciate it.

It's called "Legend of the Sword" fir a reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=yGnfFW-vyzU

youtube.com/watch?v=56cnOkQFRwo

*breathes quickly into a microphone*

The part when they were telling the story to the sergeant was great, wish Guy Ritchie made 1000 more crime comedies and didn't have to do shit like this

Possibly the worst director choice for how they decided to frame the story. The whole "over the top fantasy" stuff doesn't fit well with the low brow british action/humor that the director is known for. It seems like the only people this movie would work for are the low-middle class british who can't get enough of this cheezy british thug shit. It might have worked better if they went a more traditional King Arthur route, but I doubt it. The cast was an odd assortment of "don't forget these guys" and "I hope this finally makes this guy an A list". Bana was the only good casting and under-used.

Guy Richtie was a terrible choice for a King Arthur movie with heavy use of fantasy.

>nice visuals
what

why would common people fight for one or the other king? they are the ones suffering after all and it doesnt matter who is in charge

too.many.white.men.no.thanks.bubbye.

try to keep up nimrod

I actually liked the "gangster Arthur" parts.
it just really didn't mash well with the fantasy elements

awful

a sword is not a hammer

Try to stay on topic then, cuntflap.

>why would the ones suffering want change?
wat

>yes I pick the unknown evil over the know evil
ok

>someone this stupid can actually post on Sup Forums

indeed. time for the tank for you

He probably plays westacuck shit

>that 3d arrow grab
>dat 360° turn around
>DAT CHOREOGRAPHY

KINO

Sweet mother of kino. I need to fucking watch this.