Books>Movies

Books>Movies

Yeah, but imagine if you watched 20 movies a day.

K A F K A

100 years of solitude is shit and you'd be reading a translation

>he decided to make this thread again after getting absolutely BTFO in the other one

dubs blessing this thread.

books .>>> movies

No one got BTFO in the other one that was literally posted over 24 hours ago. Good lord get a life.

Why would anyone want to read those books without understanding the earlier books that they were inspired by?

Start by reading basic introductions on greek history, culture, and mythology. Then move on to plato and the classical greek philosophers. Progress from there

I'm European so I've already been taught greek mythology in high school. Silly americans with their country devoid of culture.

but I learned that in America too

Yeah, Ulysses in particular makes no sense if you haven't read the Odyssey and the entire Anglo part of the western canon.

Bullshit. I read Ulysses and enjoyed it immensely alongside a book of annotations. Understanding the references is good enough. Reading the source material is not necessary in the Information Age.

That means you didn't understand it well enough to properly enjoy it sorry.

Could you be more of a pretentious prick?

>if you do something every single day for an extended time it adds up to a lot of shit

huh...

>people who think reading 20 pages is a chore
>people who admit they hate reading in general
>people who can't read instruction manuals
>or the screen on the computer
>or subtitles
>or the fucking debit card screen in front of them
>these people graduated high school somehow

I'm just saying.... is it possible to enjoy guacamole if you've never eaten an avocado before?

Ulysses and In search of lost time are basically meme books, built on the western canon of literature, they're pretty much entirely "Haha I bet you won't get this REFERENCE lmao"

Those books are literally pre-internet reddit

>Moby Dick
>One of the best books ever written
fuck you, ive read it and that was dull as shit. but hungers games triology was dope af, get with the time gramps

I've already read four of those though

>dope af

> "Haha I bet you won't get this REFERENCE lmao"

In Search of Lost Time isn't like that at all. It's just a man remembering his childhood in a provincial French town.

weak bait

>Just read twenty of pages, you can totally finish Ulysses
I wonder how long it would take your average Marvel movie watcher to read a single page of Ulysses

Yes...

yeah, but who reads just 20 pages a day? Isn't that something for faggots?

Reading Ulysses without proper knowledge of the western canon is kinda like watching a film full of references you don't understand that your friend keeps laughing at and explaining

>tfw used to read for 2 hours a day but fell out of the routine for a month and now cannot get back into

But I specifically said I understood the references as I read it along side a book of annotations that specifically gave background to thousands of references and places and things in the book. I probably understood and appreciated it 10x more than anyone that didn't read it with a reference book.

so what? i can either choose from reading maybe 10 books per year or 700 movies?

if you need a routine to keep you reading you're a dumbuck who never enjoyed it in the first place, dont force yourself

>20 pages a day
fuck off u illiterate

Reading page after page of shitposts isn't very constructive

Sup Forums comments > books

How much of 20 pages a day is in tacos?

I hope you're not being serious

you're right
shitposting comments > books

Funnily enough, the right Sup Forums comments can be very educational and even lead to reading a plethora of material.
You gotta have thick skin though, some of these people can destroy you with a single sentence.