Was this the end of Marvel for anyone else?

Was this the end of Marvel for anyone else?

After it was over:

>UU was gone
>Hickman was gone
>Remender was gone
>Aaron continued to get worse
>even more SJW control and pandering
>almost immediately jumped into an event (Standoff) which was then followed by obvious-cash-grab Civil War 2 (now with more Bendis)

Marvel used to be my favorite comic company, and now I barely read anything by them....

Marvel never started.

It was for me. I only read Silver Surfer still. I sorta want it to get cancelled already so Allred can go do something else.

Yep. Literally only thing I read from Marvel is Moon Knight.

They forced me over to DC and desu I'm enjoying DC a lot more than I ever enjoyed Marvel

Standoff was more of a mini event than a real event and it was kind of comfy.

I don't really blame you though.

I used the end of Secret Wars to take a break from Marvel. I followed Hickman's story for a while and wanted to see it through to the end. My interest in Marvel as a whole has diminished.

When it comes to the Big 2, the pendulum swings from one to the other. It's swinging DC's way these days(at least for me).

Pretty much OP, only Marvel books i read now are Venom, Carnage and Moon Knight, everything else went to complete utter shit.

I still follow the Ewing stuff. Dude has basically become the last exceptional writer left on staff.

mostly this as well (I still read spiderman too) but SW was basically the end for me

Pretty much. Hickman and Remender were my favorite writers at Marvel.

After Waid/Samnee's Daredevil, Fraction/Aja's Hawkeye, Remender's Uncanny Avengers, Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers/Secret Wars ended I just stopped reading Marvel

>as this the end of Marvel for anyone else?

Marvel ended with Disassembled and House of M

The whole even itself was lame.

A thousand pointless plotlines.
Important cool stuff happening off-panel.
Constant comtinuity inconsistencies.
Characters were boring or acting dumb.
Terrible death shock value.
Dull art (seriously couldn't they have gotten someone less shit and slow?)
Doom/Reed wank.

Hickman feels like a poorman's Morrison

The Tie-ins weren't that great too (nothing I would want to ever re-read again that's for sure).

The worst thing is that Marvel still sells more than DC under normal circumstances. When the Rebirth craze is over, everything will be back to normal. This is why characterfags are the worst.

Nice meme

Same. It felt like a natural place to stop. I really wish Remender had stuck around, but whatever. I think the only Marvel book I've read since the end of SW is Vision, and even that was only after months of "it's actually not shit" hype.

Yeah when i saw how badly they bungled this huge hyped up event i gave up on marvel.

DC's gonna be #1 for at least the rest of the year, memer

There's nothing in Now Again that should do really well, it will probably be like ANAD where the #1s do ok and things immediately snap back to the same low numbers as before.

It's wasn't "The end" for me because there still a few books I care about like Vision and Moon Knight but it is when I stopped caring about the Marvel Universe. Like I don't think I'll ever be invested in any big story or event from these people ever again

>Was this the end of Marvel for anyone else?
Nah, it's been dead to me for a lot longer, which is good because I wouldn't be able to stand ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT MINORITY PANDERING in the slightest

This

>When it comes to the Big 2, the pendulum swings from one to the other. It's swinging DC's way these days(at least for me).

It's not just you. You can clearly see this on Wednesdays when all the rebirth stuff gets storytimed first and people in the threads are mostly happy with what they're reading, Meanwhile the Marvel books don't get many storytimes and when they do almost everybody itt is mad as fuck. Vision seems to be the only exception

I'm just mad that Marvel refuses to release the last two issues of Hickman's SHIELD for some reason.

I thought that series was pretty neat.

It was the end of the Marvel Universe I loved.

>it is when I stopped caring about the Marvel Universe
Same. I'd been suffering for an absurd amount of time as an X-Fag (seriously, do you even realize how long ago fucking Schism was???) and gotten more and more fed up with the constant relaunches and concurrent lack of anything like meaningful continuity across the line (I mean that both in the sense of "x-books" and in the larger MCU). So I'm down to X-23's solo book from literally reading all the X-Books being released just a few years ago.

And I need to stress that while I didn't LIKE AvX and just ignored Original Sin and Sixis the current Civil War Rehash is where they've crossed a line from "shit I'm not interested in reading" to "shit that's such a naked cash grab that I'm literally offended at how stupid they think their readers are" and that goes double for the upcoming IvX.

Basically I feel about Marvel's comics the way I feel about DC's movies (and most of their CWverse shows): I sincerely hope that they both crash and burn over the next year or so and people lose their jobs over their respective self inflicted wounds; because I'd very much *like* to go back to enjoying them and I don't see that happening until a significant portion of the upper management in both companies is replaced.

Thankfully Rebirth is mostly pretty good ( so I can keep my Capeshit habit ) and I've been reading considerably more Image/Dark Horse/Indie stuff.

Dustin Weaver was posting a bunch of unlettered art on his tumbler

I feel like this is the same thing happening with a lot of shows. They get those very vocal fans who make so much fanart and shit, that they stop making stories and start making gimmicks for them. It's kind of like when Dr. Who just was throwing so many stupid wacky shit at you at once with no real reason than being silly during the 11th doctor. And right now Marvel is at its worst because there is no core narrative right now.
I mean, look at Kamala Khan. She was created with a nice little supporting cast and themes, and one year later and she's on an Avengers team, and already a year after that she's quitting the team cause she's disillusioned. I would not be shocked if Spider-Gwen is suddenly an Avenger in the upcoming months.
Not to mention, I am so sick of all these female books that say the exact same thing. Kamala at least has flaws, but Spider-Woman, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Gwen, Hellcat etc all being about the slob girl who keeps chugging just feels so tired with Gwenpool being the only cool spin take on that, but even that could run its course.

I hate that they now have to act like these certain fanbases are "Having the times of their lives' right now with comics and acting like everything they experience is so meaningful, when they're pretty much just wasting their lives like the rest of us.

Nope, I'm still enjoying Marvel plenty, they have a few titles I do t care about right now, but for the most part come new comic day I'm waitting on more stuff from Marvel than I am DC or anyone else.

Yeah, and it was a pretty shitty end too

>Richards and Doom ascend into godhood
>All the annoying meme characters survive to wander the antimatter universe forever
>tie-ins range from tolerable to offensive
>More Hickman wank than complimenting 75+ years of company history and lore

It's like Marvel was hitting the shitter for years prior and this was them pulling the plug on the main continuity. Everything after is pretty much fanfiction.

>books that say the exact same thing
They've got a very VERY serious "milk it till it's dry" attitude: Spider-gwen blew up out of nowhere so she got her own book (which is fair enough, that's how these things work); but then you also have Silk AND Spider-Woman at the exact same time (3 femspider books) AND you've also got Web Warriors and now Miles is in the 616 universe ... that's an awful lot of spider-people running around.

Likewise: we have Brown Ms. Marvel and Spider-Miles, Whor, Falcap, Yellow Hulk and now Riri ... only the first of which is a new character with a new powerset and the rest of which are just excuses to have gender swap/race bent diversity hires.

And don't even get me started on the rehashed plots (and now WHOLE EVENTS).

>tie-ins range from tolerable to offensive
Actually they were mostly pretty darn good. That's actually the problem: they were mostly pretty creative (with a few turds, granted) and entertaining so it was a huge letdown when the NEW UNIVERSE launched and it was just the same old thing. Like: they had an excuse to do LITERALLY ANYTHING ... and they gave Daredevil his secret id back and put him back in NYC. Yay.

We got singularity out of it...i love her but yeah they could have done anything and they didn't

>We got singularity out of it
True (and I like A-Force); but I posted and image from Ghost Racers because I was really expecting that to be followed up with a Ghost Driver relaunch and then nothing happened.

But that's what happens when you're way out in front and keeping an eye on next quarter's profits: you just keep cranking out more of the same.

The X-Books are such a clusterfuck anymore that I honestly don't see how anything short of a reboot could fix them.

We also got Contest of Champions and Old Man Logan because of it too.

That's the other thing. There are so many 1 degree off characters. The Spider-Man thing happened cause Spider-Verse, yeah, but having so many legacies and off brand characters is tedious because they just do the same thing the previous characters done. The fact that Champions doesn't include any unique characters is infuriating.

Hell, look at A-Force. It was presented as this mega team that uses any female hero, but then we got a somewhat underwhelming Secret Wars tie in to a team that is already breaking up when they just formed.

The Flash is kinda good.
Everything else is shit tho, but so is AoS.

A-Force would have been better if it stayed its own dimension and used a "Anyone can appear" type of angle. Which brings me up to my next point, Spider-Gwen's universe being so fucking mishandled. I mean, you start out with some promise like Daredevil being a Kingpin and such, that they really could have milked the "Spider-Man, but things are wrong" stuff ina cool way.
And then they introduced their own Cap and SHIELD and the universe becomes the exact same thing it is in 616. They just had to put the authority force in there. Hell, I wonder how long it'll take before they nuke Spider-Gwen's universe. (Does it even have an official name?)

Here's another thing about Marvel, they really don't know who to push. They're making a Solo, Foolkiller and Slapstick ongoing which looks like they are all covering the same ground. I would not be surprised if they are making these books just to make a "Not FOX owned" Deadpool character click. I'm even more baffled that they skipped America Chavez for an ongoing, even though I don't like the character, she clearly has a bigger following than those other three.