So, what would an ACTUAL parody of Disney/Pixar movies be like...

So, what would an ACTUAL parody of Disney/Pixar movies be like, made by someone who has some actual knowledge and appreciation of them? Something like Galaxy Quest was to Star Trek.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pTF6v3ejaJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7BTUaowcGLM
youtube.com/watch?v=Y881yjtFluQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Og6sgvFHwLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut.

Satan's Song was total Disney-inspired.

One hundred percent incorrect

You mean like Enchanted?

How do you parody Pixar? What is there to parody other than having objects or animals as the main characters?

Enchanted is pretty much the only real answer. Everything else is either too retarded or too far off the mark.

That fucking Pixar smirk worn by seemingly every character in advertising for their movies for no reason.

You're thinking of Dreamworks, fella.

Doesn't Pixar also do it?

In some posters, yeah. But most are of the default expression or emotion of the character in the film. Or a worried expression, since most Pixar posters focus on an action or dramatic moment.

Buzz and the Cars cast are the only real ones that do it, but for Buzz its because that's closer to his toy expression (which itself is a parody of a lot of the smiling figures from the 70's), and Cars is...well, its Cars. Fuck Cars.

Enchanted.

Shrek was also good but it was more of a "FUK U DIDNEY" work by the hands of a very bitter ex-Disney exec.

The first 10 minutes of the movie build you up to expect something really emotional, with characters crying and everything. It's completely without dialogue, with artsy music playing. Then you find out they are literally crying over spilt milk.

>what if toys had emotions?
>what if fish had emotions?
>what if cars had emotions?

>what if emojis had emotions?

here you go fäm

Shrek.

Pixar didn't invent any of those things.

Hell, I remember watching Walt Disney Presents as a kid when Walt himself was explaining why did what he did. As a little boy, he'd sit at a table and draw and look around for things to focus on. He realized that an empty sack in the corner looked sad, so he drew it and put sad eyes on it. He made the clock look like it was sleeping until the cuckoo came out when it woke up before going back to sleep, he drew cars but made faces out of the headlights.

That episode then transitioned into three cartoons. One about a car, Little Blue Coop.

youtube.com/watch?v=pTF6v3ejaJQ

>inb4 "I want to fuck that car"

Then a cartoon about a tug boat, Little Toot.

youtube.com/watch?v=7BTUaowcGLM

Then finally The Little House.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y881yjtFluQ

Then the episode ended with Walt telling the kids at home to keep drawing and one day they'd be working on cartoons too.

Also worth pointing out that a large chunk of the reason Disney wanted to make Bambi was because of a passage in the book that talked about two leaves on a tree as if they were people, eventually dying at the start of winter. They animated it, and it damn near killed him to cut it because audiences just didn't care.
Here it is, from the book. Can't find the cut scene on Youtube, it was on one of the DVDs though.
youtube.com/watch?v=Og6sgvFHwLQ

>inb4 "I want to fuck that car"

Fine, I want to fuck that tug boat AND that house.

go fuck yourself, nobody cares about those shorts, I'm talking about actual movies

First post

best post

Those were movies when they were released.

They used to have short shows back in the day, during the week. You could literally catch a movie during an hour lunch break during the day.

>>what if fish had emotions?
nigger they do, don't include that in the list

This is it.

Not really. By and large, almost all fish don't have the part of the brain that has complex emotion. Its also arguable if they "feel" things like fear that are basic survival instincts.

There's a handful that likely do have the same emotions as complex animals. But then again, you have people who say that nothing other than humans can be proven to have emotion because you can't ask them, and they consider animals like elephants and gorillas that can be taught to communicate as just having been coached how to answer. Its certainly flat-Earth, but its unlikely to go away since the argument is self-answering.

The real question is what will be the parody to this

I mean we got that one donkey movie that has inspired by the producer that saw shrek

Pixar's style can be summed up as "Two characters who don't like/understand each other get lost literally and/or physically and have to find their way while learning about themselves/each other"

A decent parody of that? Make it akin to a more raunchier road trip movie like Harold and Kumar or something, and better make them anthropomorphic something or others.

There. I made a better Pixar parody than Seth 'lol weed' Rogan and it was mostly on the fly

This IS a parody, they extrapolated a segment of John K.'s Ripping Friends into a full movie.

But I'm talking about the parody that will come from this

A parody of a ripoff?

There's a decent joke here. I know it.

>"Two characters who don't like/understand each other get lost literally and/or physically and have to find their way while learning about themselves/each other"
literally the lavash and the bagle

They are not the main characters and the focus and I didn't mean that so literally.

It would an inception

>They animated it, and it damn near killed him to cut it because audiences just didn't care.

man, that hurts

shit, this is depressing