Countries you've been to + travel plans in the future

countries you've been to + travel plans in the future

Not planning anything because I won't have money, so it's not realistic, I also wouldn't want to go back to europe if it's not for settling and living there, makes no sense to me just visiting

been liking my country too lately

Uruguay (1)
Brazil (several times)
Japan (4)
Planning on traveling to South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai (if it isn't expensive, my gf went to Dubai but I never asked her if Dubai was expensive).

As someone not well versed in your country's foreign and internal affairs, can you actually visit mainland china without getting into trouble?
Also, you vising japan is... acceptable by your peers?

forgot the want to visit category

All Slavic countries exept Ukraine and Belarus

nigger

thats pretty specific. Why not Belarus and Ukraine?

>countries you've been to
none

Why are you posting such a crappy template? You want people to color each shitty island separately?

I've only been to Kazakhstan, mostly because its about the only border I can cross untill next Summer.
Going to Eupore this summer, most probably northern-central, hopefully UK too if I get the visa.
Next summer after that (July 4th) gonna be USA and Japan/Korea somewhere in between.

couldn't find one of the easy coloring maps anywhere and i'm not so fond of those maps that distort borders way too much. If you have an easy alternative i would love to see it (mean that sincerely)

How was Kazakhstan? Good luck on getting your visa

>can you actually visit mainland china without getting into trouble?
Umm..I think Taiwanese seldom get trouble with their customs
>you vising japan is... acceptable by your peers?
Japan is the most visited country for Taiwanese people

Who /travelet/ here?

I want to visit Germanic countries
I only passed through Austria during the trip to Italy

never visit my country ever again

Pretty cool. I was really amazed by him much things are the same and how much they are differrent.
Kazakh are extremely hospitous. One dude left us his flat even though we barely knew each other, several others showed us around both Almaty and Astana.

it was really boring I'm not gonna
would rather want to visit Russia

Really do not want to come across as judgemental or condescending but why do you guys rarely leave your country? Financial reasons or lack of interest or something else?

Me.
I don't even bother to fill the template.

Cunt: France
Been to: Italy, Germany

kthxbye

Main reason is that I don't have much interest in traveling, I've been to Switzerland on a business trip but that's it. Overall I feel fine staying where I am, though.
France and Greece are interesting countries to me so I listed them, but it's unlikely that I'll ever get the chance to visit them. Most of my time off is spent with family so I rarely have time to do things on my own.

Personnally never taken the plane.
I know plane is a thing right now, but for me it is still associated with upper classes going to vacation abroad.

Both, but I really don't see the point of travelling desu, only if it is to super exotic countries, it just doesn't make much sense to me

seriously? kek. Plane tickets are really not that expensive anymore. A ticket from the nearest airport to me to Prague is about the same price as a train ride to amsterdam. You can find really cheap tickets sometimes. Mate of mine went to Israel for just 20 bucks.

Yes I know that. I'm only one generation removed from the ordinary peasant and I still have the reflexes that some things are just "not for us".
Even though my grand parents were land owners and nowadays most office workers, renting a flat, would travel by plane in the summer and go to ski in the winter. And this is something I could easily afford. I think I'm a little afraid as well.
France is peculiar in the fact that train was heavily subsidized and the reflex in people ~40 years old was to take the train.

In Europe you can travel 200 kms, change countries, language, culture, and it's not far nor expensive.

why are you quoting me?

You said you didnot see the point in travelling, expect in remote places.
In Europe you need not travel to remote places to find yourself in different cultures, that's why I was quoting you.

Ah I see, but I meant really exotic places like Japan India Muslim countries and shit

why do those destinations make more sense to you? because of the stark contrast?

Because it is something really different, going to europe, USA latin america australia would be just more of the same

I personally disagree. My reason for going to other countries is partially learning about my own culture. I've never felt more dutch than when i was abroad.
You are right in thinking that the starker contrast that exotic countries provide that feeling of feeling foreign i'm talking about, but countries that are close culturally to yours give this feeling of being foreign in a much subtler way. A big part of understanding culture is in the subtle differences.

>does want to visit holland
>does want to visit france
>doesn't want to visit belgium

why not dude? It has really comfy medieval cities. Sure it's a meme country in the sense that the state of Belgium shouldn't exist, but the actual country is top notch

If my experiences with Belgian tourists is to indicate, it would not be enjoyable
Same reason with Germany

Interesting perspective. I think I've thought about it subconsciously when abroad and it is true, one can notice slight cultural differences even in neighboring countries or in different regions within your own country

oligarch

I have never travelled in my life, not only abroad, but even inside of Russia.

forgot to paint Egypt with teal color

I think I've been to 35 or so countries. Lived in India for a couple years, been back a good eight times. Hoping to return again in June.

Not sure what else I'll do until the year ends. I'll travel for a week or two in April -- either a second time in Mexico or Colombia, or a short trip between Honduras and El Salvador. I've loved all the Latin American countries I've visited.

My 2017 was nice:

>May --> Ecuador
>June and July --> Mexico
>July and August --> Egypt and Tanzania
>August through mid-January --> India

Year before I think I only did India, Canada, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.

Kind of sick of traveling TBQH. Can't wait to finish university and do the Peace Corps or a master's overseas.

Also, I haven't been to Saudi Arabia, the map is fucked up and colored it when I clicked on Qatar. Was too lazy to correct the border.

If you're coming here July 4th, protip, avoid the midwest and the south.

>Been to
Canada, Netherlands
>Planning to
Russia
Japan
Argentina
Vietnam
Georgia

How do you afford to do it or miss so much work?

don't trust them. Both countries have parts that are top comfy. Went to Northeastern germany last year and i absolutely loved it.
Perhaps you shoulnd't go by the opinion of the inhabitants, because im pretty sure almost EVERYONE who isn't a stuck up arrogant cunt understates their own country because they're so used to it. Met some tourists in my part of bland, rural netherlands (a rare sight) and I asked them what precisely they were doing here because i thought this place must be the most boring place in the netherlands, but as i was asking them I realized i only think like that because i've grown up here.

Right! and that's when you get to self reflect. If i went to Saudi Arabia, the things i would notice the most would probably be how white, western and christian i was, in contrast to the local population; things i already know. If i visit, say germany or france, i am forced to think and learn about more subtle differences.

I'm a meme.

Graduating university late because I've taken so much time off to travel and work. I'll be 25 by the time I complete my first bachelor's and 26 by my second.

I'm otherwise lucky, in that I have a couple writing contracts that pay decent money for very little work. For instance, I create content for a law firm's blog -- I put in five or six hours every week and get $1,000 monthly. It's no fortune, but enough to scrape by in developing countries.

Currently working for a trucking company. My friend's brother owns it. I told him I'm going to Latin America for ten days in April and he was like, "Fuck, bro, okay." He'd really wanted to rehire me, so I made him assent to letting me travel for 10 or 15 days in April plus taking July/August off for India.

Neither sounds like an interesting destination regardless of the date desu

I wish nigga (not really)

>countries you've been to

None.
Except the one I live in obviously.

>travel plans in the future

Same as above.
I'd like to visit tens of countries, but it's very unlikely I'll ever do this.

Damn. I'm 21 and graduating this year and although I have the funds. I will be starting my new job in may and it'll be a rat race to save up enough time off.

Sucks tbqh.

tfw

I'm 24 now, turning 25 in another half year.

Can't do the rat race thing anymore, honestly. I'd rather kill myself than continue what I'm doing now -- which pays very well, but is horrifically mind-numbing.

I love my job but I also love traveling so its a hard choice.

couldn't travel much in 2017 because work but I'm going to try and take the Transsiberian one of these days.

That's a week in a train with occasional 30 min stops, user.
How much of an autist you have to to find that entertaining?

I mean I'd like to see Antwerp and parts of Eastern Germany but I have a bad feeling that the locals would be passive aggressive to me on the basis of my being American

I've only been to a couple of foreign countries. I really want to go around (especially in Europe), visit museums and galleries, walk around the towns admiring some cool architecture, go to historical sites and all that crap, but I never seem to see myself with some money to do that, there's always some surprising expense that gets me to 0 moneys until my next salary.

People around me are always travelling, have visited dozens of countries and all that crap, although I don't really envy them, because they usually go to clubs or the beaches or other resorts and stuff that don't interest me. One of my coworkers went to Berlin for the weekend recently, all she did was go to some night club and that's it.

I'm just French.

>and take the Transsiberian

Mysterious European soul... Transsiberian railway isn't supposed for entertaining travels, you guys must be really weird if you think it's funny to spend a week moving from one city to another without leaving the train.

Mysterious Russian soul... thinking 1 week of expensive train in the age of planes circumventing the world in a day is for anything but leisure.

>homeland: Flag
>visited before: Lebanon, USA
>visiting in the near future: China (I'm actually moving to China)
>really want to visit: Japan, Balkans, Iran, Ireland, Iceland

>in the age of planes circumventing the world in a day

There were no planes when it was constructed.

>expensive

Still much cheaper than plane. Anyway, nobody in Russia does it for leisure.

hey ivan, want to ride the rails and visit mongolia with me and a buddy?

Can I join

why did you visit lebanon?

I've never been abroad.

fun fact: Ive never been to belgium and never intend to

Ah got it. Don't worry about that buddy. I don't think anyone would really give a flying fuck about your nationality. If someone were to make a ruckus about you being american, they would be fucking weirdo's and everyone around them would treat them as such. Due to your population size and affluency american tourists are ubiquitous everywhere and treated as a given. And then again? what do you care? You're missing out on some top comfy sights at the cost of the slim chance being treated a little passive agressively by fucking lelgians and germs.

Relatives.

Are you going ny rail or by car?

I live with my parents and they don't like traveling overseas I guess

can you get to moscow?

rail is the plan. Driving would be even more tedious

I don't even know you, guys.
But anyway I don't mind to travel somewhere, but I can't because of my work schedule.

I don't even know you

it mite b cool

I have fucked with people I did not know, that's hardly an argument.

Also, the town I live in isn't even situated on the Transsib.

nasty desu

Well, I'm not a Frenchman. It's difficult to me even to talk in real life to the people I don't know.

Travelling is just overrated

Traveling is a fucking waste of money
>"Look! I spent 5000 euros to visit New York and take a photo in Times Square like another billion people!"
>"I spent 2000 dollars to visit the same five tourist traps as millions of other guillable retards in Europe!"
>"lol plebs, I spent 3000 euros to sweat like a fucking pig trekking through dense jungles to look at some old stones, I'm such an original and cultured snowflake!"