I'm currently watching SG1 for the first time again since it first aired and I'm really blown away how good it is when...

I'm currently watching SG1 for the first time again since it first aired and I'm really blown away how good it is when compared to all other modern sci-fi shows. SG1 is totally in a different league, even from the very first episode in.

I'd also like to add that people always say that 2-8 are the best seasons but so far s1 is a lot better than s3 (I'm at episode 16). S3 seems very weak so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

gateworld.net/news/2009/05/stargate-recommended-viewing-order/
youtube.com/watch?v=-IaPz0FKdJw
youtu.be/NjlCVW_ouL8
wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/150125
medpagetoday.com/Blogs/EdibleRx/51487
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2117556/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15811068
twitter.com/AnonBabble

oh alright, I forgot that Sup Forums only talks about capeshit

You might want to put stargate in the thread title. /TV fucking love Stargate, and usually fills a whole thread.
Season 3 is okay but that's when it starts picking up, a lot of World building that will pay off later starts here too.

I always fucking hated the original DVDs box art with random Egyptian symbols on the gate, those ultra slim cases broke way too easily as well
The newer boxes are way better

FUCK YOU I LIKE JONAS

what are you, gay?

probably

Me too.

Aw, they look so young and adorable

He's sleazy. I met him in Vancouver last year and he mase me drink his beer and then talked about bringing back the gold standard

Obligatory

isn't he a Scientologist?

>the original DVDs box art with random Egyptian symbols on the gate

that's a carryover from the original movie poster, of course it never made sense because already in the movie it's a major plot point that the gate symbols AREN'T hieroglyphs

3-5 are the preferred seasons. 1-2 had a way lower budget leading to a lot of running around in the woods, and while there was some plot it didn't really start moving until season 3. 6-8 are still great but definitely have a more generic style after they switched networks from showtime to sci-fi. I like 9-10 but a lot of people don't because it was supposed to end at 8 so they had to come up with new villains and O'Neil is gone.

pretty much 100% this

speaking of being young. Was anyone else creeped out by the ending of Fragile Balance when the kid clone with the adult brain was just let loose on a high-school like that. If he smashes, is it pedo?

tes

what's the ideal Stargate viewing order? I'm asking because SG1 and SGA get intertwined later on.

gateworld.net/news/2009/05/stargate-recommended-viewing-order/

Movie
SG1 1-7
SG1 se8 SGA se1
SG1 se9 SGA se2
SG1 se10 SGA se3
Ark of truth
SGA SE 4
SGA se 5 search and rescue
Continuum
finish SGA se5
SGU

people having this opinion

wow 18 minutes without a reply and you have a meltdown?

i would say yes

I prefer daniel, but jonas wasn't as bad as some people cry.

I hate jonas, no chemistry with the cast and he was a fag.
Speaking of fags, was Daniel's actor a fag? I always got a gay vibe from him and my gay brother also liked him.

Shanks is married to General Landrey's daughter, the hot doctor.

She had to leave the show because Daniel pregnanted her

no, shanks fugged the actress that played his wife in the early seasons, and then he married the asian doctor of the later seasons.

you might be projecting.

She also describes him as a red neck, apposite of his character whenever at cons.
youtube.com/watch?v=-IaPz0FKdJw

he just looks so happy :3

Because he's not on tv anymore. He hated acting

I enjoy that picture

Why didn't SGC start building super gates?

The SGC couldn't build regular Gates let alone super Gates. Earth's technical production was probably close to Gould with maybe Asgard understanding thanks to all their help, but they were nowhere near Ancient levels in order to build their own Gates.

Modern sci-fi must be pretty bad because I always found Stargate to be some cheesy boring nonsense. Rather watch TNG.

>he finds TNG LESS cheesy than SG-1

Are you trying to tell me TNG is not cheesy, that's some serious bait. Also
>Boring

if you like the characters i think you gonna love the wpisode Window of Opportunity :D

Honestly, Stargate reminded me of those fun, clean action/adventure series we used to have. Hercules, Xena, Buffy... Hell, even The Relic Hunter and Andromeda.

When it was over it felt like that period of tv died forever.

if you like the characters i think you gonna love the episode Window of Opportunity :D

do you think Sup Forums would be going nuts if buffy was released today? I was pretty young when watching it, but I don't remember much about in your face feminist BS

>is it pedo?

Nobody will ever know

this has to be the least efficient killing machine in the whole galaxy

back then main characters could be female but there wasn't an artificial media war being waged around that. nobody was marketing buffy (or Stargate Atlantis or whatever) by shoving it in your face yelling YEAH WE HAVE A WOMAN INCHARGE BET YOU DONT LIKE THAT LITTLE BOYS WHATCHA GONNA DO ARE YOU GONNA CRY YOU VIRGIN? because they had a good product and people were responding well to that, and that was enough. nowadays you don't have to bother making something good, you just guilt trip people into watching it by making it all about identity politics

Killing isn't the point. It's supposed to scare the shit out of the slaves to keep them in line

sca

>It's supposed to scare the shit out of the slaves to keep them in line

but it's also used in the Goa'uld infighting among each other, and has been for thousands of years. you'd think they'd get at least a LITTLE more efficient over time motivated by that constant competition

It's a dogfighter, not a bomber, that's an Al'kesh.

i agree with what your saying, but i also don't really remember anything within the dialogue or plotline that felt forced and was following the "yass queen slay" ideology

do you think the writers these days are basically just forcing in identity politics because it gets buzzfeed articles and social media attention?

youtu.be/NjlCVW_ouL8
> This is a weapon of Terror it's designed to intimidate the enemy.
>This is a weapon of War it is designed to kill your enemy.
Remember most of the people under Gould rule where very primitive, and a lot of times they just need to be scared into submission with fancy fireballs

It's actually much more realistic since the studio got help from the actual US Air Force. Also, fun fact: the USAF made Richard Dean Anderson an honorary Brigadier General.

>It's a dogfighter
so the death gliders were originally developed by Anubis then?

That joke is bad and you sound feel bad

Your mum will die in her sleep tonight

Fuck off, Carlos.

after the sony leaks i think they are forced to do this by the producers. and those people have absolutly no fucking clue about anything even though they should.
sometimes the stuff they implement seems so artificial as if the writers were forced in a later stage to implement this even though it wasn't planned.

he put SG1 in it, that's fair enough for my filters to bump it to the top in the catalog

what sony leaks and why do you think they caused this ?

wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/150125
i only have this one link on hand now but as you can see they have no clue as to what the audience wants. they just follow the newest "on-vogue trends" to maximize profits.
When this whole sjw thing is becoming uncool they will switch to something else.

>self-reply

for example Mad Max Fury Road was advertised as an YAS QUEEN SLAYYY woman POWA movie about feminism and "my body my choice". this turned me off so much that i didn't see it in the theatre (big mistake on my part). when i saw the movie 1 year later on Bluray i realised that the movie itself had nothing to do with that at all. somebody high up must have thought "lets get the WOMAN audience, thats what IN right now"

why do they always say GOOLD and only sometimes goa'uld? I can't enjoy SG1 anymore because of that.

Its like usually saying "nigger" but saying "black guy" when in good company.

Why do people say Loo-tenn-ant when it's pronounced Leff-tenn-ent?

Dumbfuck Britbonger doesn't know lieutenant comes from French and they're the ones pronouncing it wrong.

Let's leftennent, because when the captain is gone he's the one LEFT in charge

dick

Surprised no one has posted it yet.

Cleavage, wow

Never seen that before

don't hate

It's lieutnant because he acts in lieu of the person in charge

faggot

Daily reminder that he didnt let himself go, he had medical problems, its partly why he left the show I think.

>Daily reminder that he didnt let himself go, he had medical problems, its partly why he left the show I think.

You don't get fat because of medical problems, you get thin, pic related

He's a fatfuck, don't defend him!

How long before the next Stargate reboot?

he had aids?

he looks so weird thin

>Prequel

Oh fantastic, how original

I love this neckbeard reaction to people getting down to a healthy weight.

it could be ok if they did that. I really don't know. It would have to be more overarching plot lines than monster of the week episodes; SG-1 and SGA already did plenty. Fewer episodes with a higher budget could be neat

It's getting too late to have another series that isn't a reboot. It's like when Farscape fans actually expected a new movie a couple of years back

It was spend the rest of his short life popping pills to manage high blood pressure or drop the weight

medpagetoday.com/Blogs/EdibleRx/51487

>pic related

He started eating healthy dumbass

It's about the woman who found the stargate, back before they ever made it work

Yes, he got thin to stave off the medical problems, you horse's ass, my post wasn't the riddle of sphinx!

Remember that episode where Carter made that MacGyver joke?

The time loop episode and the one where Daniel believes he's learning to control fire were great.

How many times do you think Mitchell went insane and raped Carter and Vala in the final episode?

Why would he do that when he could easily 3D print perfect fleshlight replicas of the best bits?

It's not the same as the real thing.

lol why so mad fattie ?

0 because it was subtley implied and semi confirmed by the cast/directors that Carter and Teal'c were in a relationship.

Teal'c would fucking murder Mitchell, and Daniel JACKEDson probably has more close combat experience by pure virtue of being on the Stargate program for much longer.

did mitchell get to watch tho

>0 because it was subtley implied and semi confirmed by the cast/directors that Carter and Teal'c were in a relationship.

She married Jack didn't she?

Why do you think he was so frustrated :^)

Nope, and i'm talking specifically about when they were on the ship for god knows how many years - they weren't ever implied to be in one outside of that episode.

I mean, the question we really need to ask is whether or not being in the body of a child gives you the sexual impulses and attraction to those of your own age, or whether the component is neurologically or physiologically triggered.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2117556/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15811068

After some light reading of the articles above, it appears evident that while both play a role, the hormonal (gonadal) component is key in producing the arousal.

I believe that with this in mind, we could theorise that although Jack would initially expect his traditional neurological attraction to adults, the lack of hormonal response from his body would confuse the brain. I believe that over time, as the chemical changes occur in his body to experience sexual arousal for the "first time", his brain would adapt to the new responses, eventually leading to a conditioning of his arousal toward those of a similar age to his body.

In summary, by the end of his transition I would not consider his sexual feelings to be Paedophilia.

Watching it right now senpai

the way you worded it made it seem like he lost weight due to real medical problems, not just because of being a tub of lard

I'm not fat, I was laughing at fats, did you quote me by mistake or have shit reading comprehension.

this
best television series ever

>the way you worded it
It's never your fault is it, chumly?

that is how it reads though

Indeed. How many other shows here on Sup Forums gets always good threads and the majority loving it?