Name a more overrated modern director

Name a more overrated modern director.

god he's so fucking cute

Tim Burton

Agree, ever made a good movie

A thousand times this.
Blade Runner 2049 looks like a bit of a dog.

this tbqh

kys redditor

Very accurate. Villeneuve is a miserable hack whose movies are propped up entirely by Deakins meme cinematography which gets the r/movies and IMDB pleb crowd all hot and bothered. It is the death knell of Cinema. One of the biggest trashmasters working today, a hack's hack. This is hot pocket the director. Cheeto dust: the man.

His flicks are a bad joke; an insult to the filmic medium; a gob of spit aimed at all that is good and great about filmmaking. Another polished post-fincher gritty popcorn director.

Prove me wrong

Incendies was good tho

Daily reminder that Armond White has never given a Villeneuve film a bad review.

If you hate Denis, then reddit is thattaway

oh come on! he isn't that bad. prisoners was actually pretty good. as well as enemy.
I didn't care much for arrival and haven't watched sicario yet.
what is so bad about his movies?

finchers movies are hit or miss for me. although on the technical side he is always competent.

I would rather watch a movie from these two guys than any film from Tarantino ever.

James Gunn doesn't come across as some amazing and prolific director that is making art, he just makes enjoyable action movies. Nothing wrong with that.

The only answer.

Fincher's flicks aren't nearly universally praised simply because his name is on them.

All mentioned in the thread are, you stupid piece of shit.

Yep, all four of them. Fincher's easily the next in line.

Correct

>overrated
>only made kino pictures
Nice thread OP