I need some honest opinions about this movie. Do you guys really think it's worth watching...

I need some honest opinions about this movie. Do you guys really think it's worth watching? I've heard its great visually but I've also heard people say it's a waste of 2 hours. I trust this board to be unbiased, what are your opinions?

The fuck else are you doing with your time?

Just fucking watch it, it's great. It's worth watching even just for the shootout between Moss and Chigurh. It's nowhere near a perfect movie though, and it does have its weak parts.

>I trust this board to be unbiased
lel
It is good Kino, might need a second watching because it tries to be 2deep4u

In the top 10 best films of all time.
Essential viewing.
The people who told you it's a waste aren't good.

There's a really well regarded fan edit with the dialog mixed out, just music and environmental sounds that's a straight up improvement over the original.

I'm pretty sure a lot of Sup Forums considers it the best movie of the 2000's

>cool characters
>great shooting scenes
>absolutely 0 resolution
9/10, great film

watch it, and youll know what people to take advice from in the future. Protip, if you agree with the people who think its a waste of time, you are an irredeemable pleb

Definitely recommended. Watch the movie, read the book then watch the movie again for maximum experience. It's not long (300-something pages), you can finish it in one (off-)day.

I keep hearing the ending was shit..

Kino but didn't deserve the oscar more than There Will Be Blood

It's because it's an open end and not 'muh happy ending'.

It's literally the definition of kino

I think you have your answer OP.

It's definitely worth a watch.

if you're a pleb, yeah it's disappointing

WHO GIVES A FUCK!!! PNUEMATIC ZIP GUN!!!

anyone that tells you that the most pure and undiluted kino ever made is "boring" should be lobotomised

Because majority of film-goers are socialized in typical Hollywood pieces with happy endings and conclusions pushed so hard in one face's that even the Short Yellow Bus audience will surely get it. Now, they're the ones parroting NCFOM's ending was shit.

This was just one of those situation where the timing was unfortunate and there was no bad (nor good) decision as (at least) one of them had to inevitably lose. Both would have deserved the Oscar for the Best Picture but they came out in the same year, so...

damn no one has anything bad to say about this movie, im kinda surprised

no user. Just no.

>I trust this board
Why the fuck would you ever do that?

This is unironically one of the greatest films ever made.

I just feel that this is one of the more unbiased boards, you make a point tho, fan boys are everywhere

>I trust this board to be unbiased

its a great movie that plebs hate to be contradictory.

A better movie has not been released since.

>I need some honest opinions about this movie. Do you guys really think it's worth watching? I've heard its great visually but I've also heard people say it's a waste of 2 hours.
You have heard wrong. Dead wrong. NCFOM is such a great story about destiny, random chance, characters etc. You gotta see it.

Why is that the ending is even that important? The climax and story progression is far more important than the ending.

The ending works very well for the movie tho.

It is a terrible, terrible movie.

Cliched bunch of monologues from Tommy Lee Jones. Javier Bardem is clearly like 5'2" and we are supposed to be scared of his weapon which is a bolt gun with a giant compressed air tank?

I guess it has alright shots of West Texas but you can watch anything from

>Last Picture Show
>Come on Back to the Five and Dime Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean
>Hell or High Water

and get exactly the same visuals.

This movie got accolades because the Academy people snubbed Lebowski. That's also why Bridges won best Actor for Crazy Heart where he just plays the guitar and plays captain save-a-ho.

Dubs

It's pretty good. Dont try to read too much into it, just enjoy it for the ride, the visuals, the characters and scenes.

What the fuck are you on about? Javier Bardem is 5'11" and his performance as Chigurh is fucking amazing.