Is the Killing Joke movie bad? It doesn't seem to have good reviews...

Is the Killing Joke movie bad? It doesn't seem to have good reviews, which is weird because it seems like an animated dream come true to me. one of my favorite stories with two of my favorite batman VOs.

I haven't seen it yet. I was hoping for Sup Forums's opinion before I invest time and money.

watch it yourself
I'm sure there's a torrent out there with your name on it

Just read the comic again

First half is awful, second half is a straight up adaption.

After credits scene is the worst thing I've ever seen out of the DCAU.

It has a shitty 30 minute prelude
awful animation
just okay voice acting
and TKJ isn't THAT good of a story really
It's just kinda boring

>he doesn't know
I pity you OP, because I know regardless of what people say you're going to want to watch it and find out for yourself, and I'm getting PTSD flashbacks of how disappointing it was for me just thinking about it.

Okay, you're all definitely giving the impression it's not very well worth the watch. What about Assault on Arkham? I'm feeling batman-y tonight.

>After credits scene is the worst thing I've ever seen out of the DCAU.

what happens in it?

Watch that instead. Better than Suicide Squad.

well, i got a good chuckle out of mark hamill doing the book/paralyzed puns.

don't bother with the first 30 minutes.

what does VO stand for?

The first part is a massive bed shit, the rest is just the Killing joke. If you like the Killing Joke a lot, you'd like this is you avoid the Batgirl parts early on.

Voice over

>DCAU

First half if shit, second half is straight up adaptation, and it's fuckin great. The animation isn't shit, it's alright. Once you're watching you don't notice.

Prologue: 2/10
Main story: 8/10

batsex

Prologue sucks donkey dick. The main story is a typical Moore adaptation (i.e. pretty faithful storywise, but fails to achieve the same impact as the original). Watch it to hear Hamill basically nail it as usual, but don't be surprised when the rest if the film is just under par.

its a little so-so. The first 25 mins have literally nothing to do with the actual book but after that then you're in the alan moore story.

conroy and hammill kill it, a few scenes i think could have been handled better but overall its a pretty decent movie and the art style is reminiscent of both gods and monsters and the dcau

3/5

Barbara becomes Oracle. The dialogue is just boring and leads to nothing

Being a bit boring doesn't seem like THE WORST THING EVER

This

I didnt liked it that much. Also, harley just fucks a nigger

Im not the same guy, just wanted to tell you because I almost cant remember it and wanted to discuss it.
But in other hand, a post-credits scene must be exciting

I keep on hearing everybody say there's a really awkward sex scene, but it can't be significantly worse than Heavy Rain's.

It's not even a sex scene, they start making out and Barbara starts to get undressed and then it cuts.

it's less about the actual sex and more about the character assassination that led into the sex

Pretty much.
Hell i liked the conflict that came of it but it was not worth it.

>Interracial sex makes you turn something away specifically because of it

IT WAS JUST SEX! IT DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING.

Just go watch Mask of the Phantasm again user. DC animated is sadness these days

Barbra has sex in the intro and ruins everything for everyone forever.

I thought it was pretty good really [\spoiler]

No, it's more people are just butthurt that Bruce and Babs have an age gap roughly the same number of years as the age gap between Bruce and Jim. They keep spewing this whole thing about Dick and Babs being the one true thing even though she named herself Batgirl and not Ladybird.

t. Carl the Cuck

if this ship is wrong then I don't wanna be right

Go away Grayson

No plot where she was pregnant with Bats kid and Joker shot the baby when he paralyzed her. why live.

The straight up adapted parts are okay but like everyone has said the prologue kind of ruins them. The problem is for some reason I can't fathom they seem to have went into it thinking the Killing Joke was a Barbera Gordon story when she's the least part of it.

Skip the first part.
The actual Killing Joke is a rather faithful adaptation but it feels rushed and it irks me that they messed up the "One bad day" monologue.

To be fair, would you really be ok if a man you've put all of your faith into was fucking your kid? Sure, Bruce usually does his best to keep distant and not let anyone get too attached to him and vice versa, but it is pretty much taking advantage of Jimbo's trust.

If I put all my faith in them then I'd fucking know that they'd treat my daughter right. What kind of mental gymnastics does one need to do to say that they see this friend of theirs as an honest to goodness good person but fuck if they'll ever trust them with their daughter.

>Is the Killing Joke movie bad?

It's tolerable if you are an unrepentant Batfag, if you just like animated cape movies then yeah, it's got sub-par animation, rote passionless voice work (shameful considering the talent involved) and manages to screw up a story that should be pretty easy to tell.

So if you haven't found a single piece of Bat-product you haven't enjoyed, go for it. Otherwise it's not worth it.

>rote passionless voice work

It really sucks because even Conroy seemed to have just been phoning it in, while Hamill seemed to be giving it his all.

ARE
YOU
KIDDING
ME

Trusting a mate to have your back in a fight is hardly the same as trusting him with your baby girl. Especially when said mate is the batshit insane one that tends to get into trouble all the time.

Then you don't have "all your faith" in that person.

Side note, when viewing the trailer for this movie I noticed how disappointingly stuff the animation was and decided the best course of action was to just read Killing Joke with the movie on as a purely audio accompaniment just for Hamill's voice acting.

I now see that certainly seems the correct course of action. And also to skip the first half hour.

can you think of exactly what they did wrong with that monologue, I liked it in the comic but in this movie it just doesn't have any impact, can't put my finger on why

Batgirl literally rapes batman

Having the Joker say it in anger rather than sadness.

Shits all over everything the Killing Joke was 10/10 - Alan Moore 2016

Not OP, but watching this right now. Have never read it before.

Man, you guys were not wrong about the animation. It goes from standard to sub-par in almost every scene with a decent amount of action.

Also, this beginning with Batgirl is really not very good.

First half is a retarded SJW pandering attempt that goes nowhere and actually ends up being more offensive than the source material ever was.

Second half is more or less accurate to the book but has some terrible readings and misses some really important and obvious details from the original panels that were there for a reason.

The animation quality is pretty terrible. It's a film that was made just to be made. It probably should have been in someone else's hands.

I hate how he delivered the Joke itself. He paced it so fucking quickly, and there was no weight to the punchline, like there was a missing line he didn't read. For it being the most important few lines in the script, they rush through it with really bad delivery and framing.

there was something really wrong with that scene
the whole joke and batman laughing felt like it was suppose to have this huge weight behind it but i kinda felt nothing from it

Apparently they decided to put Barbara and Bruce in a romantic relationship in the beginning which pretty much alters the mood of the entire movie

Mark Hamill's voice work was outstanding right up until the final joke where he suddenly loses all sense of timing and delivery.

Bad?
It's just the worst Bruce Timm work