Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Underrated and will become a cult film

Holds together surprisingly well given the small budget.

very fun

That guy who can speak with the deaf kid was a pretty terrible actor. Everything else, really good.

*mute. Whatever if you've seen the movie you know who I mean.

i thought it was ok.

shit and will be regarded as a shit film

>that was a terrible actor
>not the grandpa of the pregnant lady

He wasn't too important and didn't speak nearly as often. I can forgive old people for some reason far easier than middle aged men like the character I'm speaking of. He doesn't stick out to me as much as the guy I'm thinking about, who tried way too hard and was just really annoying by the end.

The movie sucked. People that compared it to John Carpenter's films either have never seen those films or are shills. Carpenter knew how to create a sense of existential dread and cosmic horror in his films. You need more than cults and tentacle monsters to create Lovecraftian horror, there needs to be a sense that everything you know and love is about to be horrifically destroyed. The Void lacks that, there's no sense that anything is going to happen other than the people in the hospital are going to die. Which they do. Stupidly.

>"from the executive producers of...."

Why do they put this shit in the posters and trailers

My horror movie watching friend and I watched it together. Started off okay and went to shit very quickly.

Would not recommend.

Pure shlock.

7.5/10 Windom Earle scared me

It was a good john carpenter movie by not john carpenter. I watched it with a 6 pack and found it ok. I'll watch it again with some coffee to see if i missed anything.

10/10 trailer but about 6.5 movie.

Its not bad and I enjoyed it but some of the scenes feel flat to me and some of the actors just felt off. Like many have said it fails to create the true atmosphere its obviously trying to create. The best parts of the movie to me are those odd silent moments where the character is phasing between reality and images of the cosmos and bleak horizons. Those moments where hes alone in the blink8ng basement of a hospital with nothimg but a door and the shadows of something else behind it. It needed more mind fuckery and less of the practical effecys zombies. They were great to look at but honestly they didnt sell me as much as those other scenes. Great concept but not the greatest execution.

Amazing film.

Low budget, terrible script, bad acting. Some cool imagery and good ideas, but piss poor execution. I wanted to like it so bad because I love cult shit and Lovecraftian cult shit especially.

Watch AM1200 to cleanse your palette. It's only 40 min. vimeo dot com slash 102372269. That movie does for tension was The Void was attempting to do.

It felt like a CoC game made into a movie.

That is not a bad thing, it is well made for a zero budget film.

This guy is right, plus it has Ray Wise in it.

first half 8/10, second half really fell off probably a 5/10

First person I ever came across who saw AM1200 too. It's a shame more people haven't seen it, it's really well done.

Stylistically appealing, but ultimately a mediocre movie.

That green screen ending was really shit the rest was solid.

Yeah, I liked it quite a bit. I'll probably watch it again later, it's so short. It's kind of like the short stories these movies are trying borrow from in that way, no real time investment required and I like that sometimes.

Successful in creating the correct mood at the start, but then it falls apart

Cluster Fuck of nonsense.

Pretty on the nose critique.

I enjoyed the film, it was certainly interesting and had a fair number of creepy moments. But overall the plot left me with too many questions about the mythology behind the story. Why did some people turn into monsters? It never really explained. There were a few hints that suggests some explanations may have been left on the editing room floor for pacing sake, which is a shame. I thought they were going to go full on cosmic horror and say that humans were really cocoons for creatures that lived in the 'other world' that they were birthed into when humans died, and the reason some of the characters turned into monsters is because the Doctor had tied this 'spirit' within them and it had manifested physically as a result. I.e. there is an afterlife, but it's horribly alien.

Plenty of good bits to it, but certainly not going to be a classic. Makes me hopeful for other films by the production team though.

I loved it, jack brooks monster slayer meets the thing