DCEU

DCEU
>"If God is all good, then he cannot be all powerful. If God is all Powerful, then he cannot be all good"
>Audience is challenged by this statement and ponder introspectively

MCU:
>"There's only one God ma'am and he doesn't dress like that"
>Laugh track

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/A666RMN2Kvc?t=2m15s
youtube.com/watch?v=vln9D81eO60
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>DCEU

In dire straits

>MCU

Printing money

>DCEU

Has Oscar

>MCU

Nickelodeon Award

if that statement really makes you ponder, then you were challenged long before you saw the movie.

i was amazed at the fortune cookie level of philosophy portrayed by snyder. i kept wondering if he was 12 years old.

>"If God is all good, then he cannot be all powerful. If God is all Powerful, then he cannot be all good"
>Brainlets get challenged by a over 150 years old incomplete statement by Kierkegaard
top kek

Is God balding in the Bible?

>DCEU

Suicide Squad

>MCU

No Suicide Squad

>Kierkegaard
t. pussies to afraid to challenge

>MCU

Has an audience

>First 4 Marvel films
1.7 billion on 700k budget
>First 4 DCEU films
3 billion on 800k budget

>First 4 Marvel films
>1.7 billion on 700k budget
1.4 billion

>>"If God is all good, then he cannot be all powerful. If God is all Powerful, then he cannot be all good"

Anybody else bother by the fact that he is saying that to superman. A person who has never claimed to be god in anyway.

ouch

IT

PRINTS

MONEY

MCU is Oscarless regardless
If by audience you mean little Roblox faggots who watched CW because of Disney shilling hard in their tard game, then yes Marvel does have an audience.

What the fuck is Roblox

>Has Oscar
FOR IMMIGRANTS AHAHAHA

A game for little aspies that gained traction recently and Disney saw this and shilled really hard in it. My little cousin has the DINDU Panther mask on his playermodel thingy
What the fuck did he mean by this?

>My little cousin
Yeees...your cousin.

>moving goalposts this fast
$5 robux has been deposited into your account

user, I'm not the one who knows all about Disney's marketing strategy on a "game for little aspies".

>What the fuck did he mean by this?
It only won because it was the most politically charged oscars yet
youtu.be/A666RMN2Kvc?t=2m15s
Remember how all year Toni Erdmann was supposed to win best foreign film and then all of the sudden Trump won and did the travel ban?
Remember how a movie about hollywood jerking itself off(La La Land) somehow lost even though movies like this always win?
>b-b-b-ut casey affleck
Connected to Ben who is also a supporter of terrorists
youtube.com/watch?v=vln9D81eO60

Marvel movies have their problems. From the retarded quips to the TV level production style to the at times average special effects. Several of their problems are only part of their earlier films. But DC is so much worse in every single way. Nothing about the DC movies is compelling or interesting. They fucking managed to make a Batman vs Superman movie dull and Superman unlikable! DC is so obviously desperate to catch up that they didn't even bother with establishing their pantheon. After Man of Steel they just immediately threw out BvS with Doomsday as evil monster guy who kills Superman. BvS, Doomsday, Superman dies... They tried to put so much hype into that movie to make sure it's a hit and the result was still just bad. DC tried so hard to go the serious way that it just looks desperate next to the Marvel films which while ridiculous at times are at least really fun and entertaining for the most part. I don't give a shit about anyone in the DC line-up.

stop watching flicks meant for literal kids then
tl;dr
also you wouldn't be saying this if CW won an oscar

How bout comparing earnings for movies released in the same time period?
MCU literally created the market for capekino - something that would've never been possible if DC was in charge of it back then.

>MCU literally created the market for capekino
Um, that was SM2 and TDK user

>stop watching flicks meant for literal kids then
Hey, I'm not the one watching his "cousin" play aspie games.

>DCucks having epiphanies at philosophy 101
You know how I can tell you're 20 years old?

do you not have any young cousins?
Roblox is trendy right now

x-men before them to be fair.

DCEU
>Audience is laughing so hard at Eisenberg's awful performance that whatever pompous point he's trying to make sounds like a a bad joke

MCU:
>"There's only one God ma'am and he doesn't dress like that"
>Audience enjoys how Cap sticks to his values when faced with unexpected situations and loves the character even more with a simple joke

DCEU
>Audience is plebshit normies who wanted to see a quipfest but can only focus on le "MARTHA" meme because they have ADD

MCU
>Same audience but the flicks are focus tested to help focus the ADD of the audience.

That line from the Avengers was some of the best characterization in the entire franchise, and they did it in one sentence. That's good writing, like it or not.

I think there's room in the world for both takes. I prefer DC because they're treating the lore with respect and not shying away from the impact that actual superhumans would have on society, like Watchmen if it weren't mired in Cold War paranoia and cynicism.

I like most Marvel films, too, but solely when I just want to turn my brain off and be entertained. I have to make a conscious effort to not think about how far afield the depictions of the characters are from their comics counterparts and how superficial their commonalities are.

Both offer entirely different forms of entertainment and I honestly wish the partisan console wars bullshit would die.

Hello yes I am autistic.

sure, that's why the Dark Knight movies were so hated right?

also
>DC movies aren't focus tested

B.T.F.O.

This image is every BvS thread ever

Holy fuck finally somebody else realizes this.

This was the year that the academy finally bowed to political pressure and suicide squad was also the only movie nominated in its category to have a team made up primarily of migrants as opposed to Americans. What a surprise that that team won and ended up making their entire acceptance speech about how awesome immigrant labor is

Those sons of bitches brought the war to us.

And Blade before all of them.

Oh, I'm well aware.

DCEU:
>Pseudo-intellectual nonsense to make DCbabies feel smart
>Brooding and sulking characters

MCU:
>Funny banter and characters with likable personalities designed to give an enjoyable but cheesy superhero movie (and not a cringy overly serious one)
>Is the more successful franchise

FTFY

And the 90s Cap movie before that.

And the 90s Batman before that.

And the 70s Superman before that.

And the 60s West Batman before that.

And the serialized Batman, Superman, and Captain Marvel film shorts before that. An incomplete list, but I think you get my point.

>causes you to think and ponder
t. High school philosophy student
Fucking Sup Forumsedditor plebs
All capeshit is garbage, you have to be 12 years old to enjoy this trash. Watch some real films you reddit manchild

I prefer DC's serious approach over Marvel's funny approach. Sadly, DC has been making shit movies other than WW and Watchmen. Marvel's movies are usually better. The tide seems to be turning a bit though. Marvel has had some very lame movies.

>that dogfucker from YMS correctly predicted the oscar going to The Salesman just so they could have the sadsack "He wasn't able to attend because Drumpf travel ban" shit

It's like you guys have stakes on either company with this shit fucking debate EVER. FUCKING. DAY.

Fuck.

If you still haven't figured out that Lex's whole speech about the Epicurean Paradox wasn't a smokescreen, you really should stop talking about other peoples' intellectual/developmental inferiority, brainlet.

>Sadly, DC has been making shit movies other than WW and Watchmen.
Watchmen is overrated and Wonder Woman is complete fucking trash.

The world sees superman as a God.Lex wants to prove them wrong and show that Superman isnt all good. Thats why he says "They need to see the fraud you are. With their eyes. The blood on your hands."

But yes, I absolutely do agree with you that this stupid console wars should end. But I don't think it ever will as I've long suspected this isn't just a fanboy battle.

I didn't even mind Marvel before they attempted to push Marvel as the only standard in which superhero films should be compared to. It's fucking cancerous and is bringing down a whole genre down a homogenous path of inevitable self-destruction.

Films like BvS are absolutely necessary to diversify the genre. Just as Iron Man was in 2008. Like them, hate them, those experimental films are necessary to test the boundaries of the genre. Even Marvel, with its "golden standard" is facing huge diminishing returns now. Civil War fell short of Iron Man 3 and let's not even mention Homecoming.

>That's how it starts, sir. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men... cruel.

>wanna get shwarma>? XD

>participates in pretty console war arguments in defense of capeshit garbage
>stop watching flicks for literal kids
Really?

>dire straits
>Wonder Woman surpassed GOTG2 domestically and will top 800 million next month. At least

>implying batman and superman aren't for children

Nolan was in charge back then. Nolan ruled the world

Yeah, I absolutely believe that shilling is ever-present, even here. I'm also getting pissed off at the whole racial element that's creeping into it. I'm the guy that got accused of being a "pajeet" for liking the DC films and proved just how wrong they were.

and note how Wonder Woman is entirely similar to the MCU movies in tone and as far away from BvS and MoS as possible.

>I'm just gonna totally ignore the years those movies were released

thats old dceu now they'll have the same amount of quips to copy marvel.

Dude the whole reason you're being called a Pajeet is literally because some Marvel shills got mad people started to accuse them of being third-worlder Disney shills. And cancerous as they are, they took it as a sign that they too should be copy-pasting that accusation without realizing the actual meaning of it.

>only movies that won Oscars are good
So I guess Suicide Squad must be a good movie since it won for Best Makeup.

Not as far as you'd think. Some of the same themes are present, just fewer of them as it's a more focused film. It's actually got a lot more in common with MoS than anything else.

marvel didn't invent humor retard
if anything SS was the closest
I dont remember any MCU films actually portraying the enemies as sympathetic. Just faceless droves.

Most people don't even know Blade is a superhero movie

>people are still arguing over which turd franchise stinks less
You guys will lap up any shit they serve you as long as it has your favourite badge slapped on it. Take a step back and realise you're arguing about extended toy commercials made to appeal to the lowest common denominator

But I actually enjoyed Wonder Woman and wasn't laughing the whole time like Man of Steel.

it's almost like Snyder is a pretentious hack

So Marvel won despite it losing now?

Ok, let's humor the idea that by copying Marvel, DC is now killing Marvel actual (if you can call Disney raping it actual)

Is this what you wanted? Marvel finds itself outplayed by DC mimicking its game but improving some basic aspects becoming much more lucrative to audiences?

All that you've accomplished is made DC the new Marvel as Marvel grows increasingly irrelevant by the year.

You realize that that "challenge" is hundreds of year old and babbys first theology tier shit these days, right?

I think both Marvel and DC fans can admit Suicide Squad was a shitty movie

The irony is that it's even more pretentious to call someone else pretentious

DC fan here. Yeah, in spite having a lot going on that I liked, like the look and personalities of the characters, the movie just flat wasn't good.

You underestimate the stubbornness of the eternally infantilised manchildren that argue over capeshit on this board

Exactly.

"I'm too smart for this film that is smarter than the average dumb film, look at me being smart ha ha"

No it isn't user.

>If God is all good, then he cannot be all powerful. If God is all Powerful, then he cannot be all good

why not?

Batman (1989) to be really, truly fair.

>DCEU
Suicide Squad
>MCU
Thor: The Dark World
*drops mic*

Nobody ever argues for SS you fucking wanker.

If you are too smart for it, then the smarter film is the one that's more insulting due to its shallow and failed attempt to be something more.

Marvel may be a bland, safe Joss Whedon quipfest, but at least it's not a complete fucking disaster like BvS and even parts of MoS were.

Because evil exists in the world.

>BvS
>smarter than the average film
I can't imagine being this easily won over by shitty cliche motifs and philosophy 101. You should read the spark notes for L'ÉTranger. It'd probably blow your mind.

>Nobody ever argues for SS
>Muh makeup Oscar means it was good!

A lighter tone does not mean the same tone. Jenkins infused her movie with hope and levity, without compromising solemn moments and the seriousness of the war. If you want to compare it to something, you might try the original Iron Man which had RDJ doing his shtick but in a reserved way, especially compared to the flanderization he goes through now.

But Jenkins' real blueprint for her film came from Superman 78.

>more insulting
>he becomes insulted by capeshit
Goes back toI bet you smell your own farts and then clap yourself on the back for realizing that while Marvel is dumb, you can atleast acknowledge is dumb by the constant interruptions of quips so your intellectually superior mind never needs to actually care about the actual film.

It's called the Problem of Evil. If God's all-powerful, then why does evil even exist?

The mistake the posit makes is equating what mankind views as "good" and "evil" with what an unknowably powerful omniscient being would view as such.

Oh wow baby's first epicurean paradox. Fucking kill yourself.

Why don't Marlels possess the vocabulary to actually discuss film? You see how their criticism usually ends at "pretentious" or "hack" while DC bros can write entire pages on the Superman/Batman relation in BvS all while barely scratching the surface.

I think they try really hard to hate a film but can't really argue why when you also have to carefully phrase yourself so you don't accidently end up insulting the much inferior Marvels with not even a fraction of the substance.

That's the brilliance of using it. The smokescreen not only distracted Superman, it distracted most of the audience, too.

We actually got a villain who's legitimately intelligent for a change instead of just "smartarded," and dismissive snobs can't even come down from their ivory towers to acknowledge it, at least without taking the discussion to a meta level.

>not one single response

hmmmm

You can intellectualise a children's movie all you like, but at the end of the day it's still a children's movie. It might be time to move on to something a little late challenging. Try checking out /lit/ for some recommendations

maybe if the entire movie wasn't horribly written and Eisenberg's performance wasn't awful, people wouldn't be so dismissive.

Top is boring and bland. When goofy DBZ action happens it looks jarring. Tries to hard to appears serious which is the losing formula for capeshit.

Bottom is silly and colorful fun. Like capeshits are supposed to be.

His performance was excellent though. Lex finally makes sense now, a worthy rival to Superman.

That's some edgy high school philosophy at best.

That Philosophy 101 trite challenged you intellectually? Are all DCEU fans high school dropouts or what?

he's played like The Riddler, Spacey was much better, Hackman was much better.

> unironically praising grade school atheism that doesn't hold up if you're actually familiar with scripture