So are they going full-blown lovecraftian horror for next season?

So are they going full-blown lovecraftian horror for next season?

youtube.com/watch?v=vgS2L7WPIO4

>lovecraftian

op it's time you fuck off
>inb4 some autist(likely op) doesn't understand why he's wrong and responds to me trying to defend ops faggot ass

What make something Lovecraftian?

Whom are you quoting?

Trailer looks pretty sick to me

they wanted to do so even before but due to the budget they could show only a small parts of the other side you dumbass learn how TV works

I'm liking 5 more and more.

But somehow they can afford to use The Clash's most popular song, even sneaked one from Bowie, and now fucking Thriller just for the trailer? Fuck those incompetent pieces of shit at Netflix

Lovecraftian entails an anti-anthrocentric viewpoint of horror wrapped in cynicism and existential dread. Which is the exact opposite of a netflix show trying to recreate the feelings of the 80s centered around children main characters.

So no.

Tentacles

>implying the former part of your reply literally isn't happening to Will Byers by the end of season 1

Season 1 they butcher playing D&D
Season 2 they butcher playing a game in the arcade.

What nerd culture activity will they butcher in Season 3?

ELDRITCH

LOVECRAFTIAN

KAFKAESQUE

REDDIT-FRIENDLY

HORROR

How is some kid being stuck in le spooky upside down anti-anthrocentric?

Tentacles, crazies, and xenophobia

it's anthropocentric you dumbfuck. also the guy who replied to you is also fucking dumb

TENTICLES! DETECTIVES! TENTICLE WORSHIPPING CULTS!

Is this response Lovecraftian horror?

>DUDE REMEMBER THE 80S XD
No, I'm in my mid 20s. I don't even remember the 90s. People who are 30 don't remember the 80s.

Playing Smash Bros.

Most 80s nostalgia is just misplace by people watching reruns on the early 90s.

Lovecraftian horror is the worst thing to befall mainstream culture

1. Names like Y'nghahqh
2. Tentacles and AfterEffects
3. Millenials
4. Avoid hating immigrants, that's icky

Tbh I was born in 96 and raised on 80s and early 90s action films and other movies, as well as TV and cartoons. So honestly it's not surprising that people younger than forty have "nostalgia" for this decade's particular aesthetic, as its popular culture was still part of their childhood. Think about it. Almost everyone age 20 onwards has seen ET or Terminator 2, for example.

You're the worst thing to befall your parents

somehow every other era can be used as a setting except for the 80s. pls get out pretentious elitist nerds who consider it sacrilegious to use references of pop culture from the time period in which the story takes place.

Isn't that their fault? Not my problem.

kek

Mystery.

Shit is so kino! Am I right dudes? Wew kino!

My wife's son is hyped af about the new season

Im 25 and I saw most of the classics of the 80s growing up. Sorry your parents sucked ass dude.

Alright cool beans. Enjoy Stranger Things season 2 and IT 80s Edition and Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back II back to back to back. Oh and of course Thor 3: Masters of the Universe. I'm sure you have fond memories of He-Man.

looking forward to the new season myself. I just hope they don't overdo it with the references. It was fine the first season but it isn't that necessary this season.

>Being this butthurt
Kek

I like how the new cool nerd internet thing is to get really really mad when someone mentions "lovecraftian" in any context whatsoever
best meme

Posting on anonymous message boards.

Reading lovecraftian stories.

Because 90% of the people using it as an adjective have never read anything by Lovecraft

not the original guy who correctly insulted you. but no your failings are not your parents fault you stupid fedora neckbeard faggot

this. Big spooky monsters are not what makes Lovecraft Lovecraft.

Trailer looks great though. Pumped.

>tentacles is lovecraft

When will this meme die? This isn't fucking lovecraftian at all.

BIG

Read Colour Out of Space to understand what makes Lovecraftian horror. There is a monster there that is entirely possible to visualize and it's spooky because what created it was not.

In the short story The Seven Geases (1934), Atlach-Nacha is the reluctant recipient of a human sacrifice given to it by the toad-god Tsathoggua.
Atlach-Nacha resembles a huge spider with an almost-human face. It dwells within a huge cavern deep beneath Mount Voormithadreth, a mountain in the now vanished kingdom of Hyperborea in the Arctic. There it spins a gigantic web, bridging a massive chasm between the Dreamlands and the waking world. Some believe that when the web is complete, the end of the world will come, because it will create a permanent junction with the Dreamlands, allowing monsters to move freely into the waking world.
Atlach-Nacha probably came to Earth from the planet Cykranosh (or Saturn as we know it today) with Tsathoggua. Because of its appearance, Atlach-Nacha is often referred to as the Spider-God(dess) and is believed to be the regent of all spiders. Furthermore, the giant, bloated purple spiders of Leng are thought to be its children and servitors.
There is some disagreement about its gender. In Smith's original story, Atlach-Nacha is referred to as a male, but in later stories by other authors, it is implied to be a female.

altach nacha is the big monster, toad god is the pollywog, dreamlands is the upside down. the web is all that shit around in the trailer. myth busted.

it is known

Very good ignorant roastie impression.

>thriller starts playing
I figured a season 2 would suck but the trailer looks pretty good.

to whom'st are'd ye's speakest?

Unimaginable cosmic horror, and realizing the insignificance of all human endeavors. The only thing keeping us protected in our little bubble we call reality is our own sanity, and it can be easily snuffed out by powers we have no comprehension of.

He's done quite a few stories that have nothing to do with that though

same deal with anything that's named after anyone

basically, its the realization that humans are just ants and coming into contact with beings our little brains cant even begin to understand.

You're retarded.

Why is Steve such a charming bro? Like, the actor's smile can outshine the sun

Basically the ending of Men in Black

>movie trailer
>WHAT IF CTHULU WASN'T JUST A STORY
>ear shattering fart noise
>full frontal shot of Cthulu rising from the sea with water streaming off of its body
>black screen
>coming 2018

>movie
>opening shot is Cthulu rising out of the water
>movie is 2 hours and 45 minutes of Cthulu destroying a city
>ending is Cthulu standing over the leveled city roaring at the sky

>ywn dance with nance

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.

The 80s were a different time, weren't they?

Stranger Things is mostly just surface level nostalgia for people that are now in their early to mid-30s that grew up watching The Goonies, IT, Poltergeist, etc.

finn is qt. is that okay?

the way you formulated that sentence is fucking lovecraftian

unabashed racism

> I'm young but I know all about the 80s

Shut up faggot.

Last season was more subtle about it being the 80s. This one is just shoving it down your throat. LOOK GHOSTBUSTERS MICHAEL JACKSON ARCADE.

Based Steve

Because he's confident and warm while still having a mundane enough face and body to be relateable

The actress said this season is supposed to be more horror. Do you think they'll follow through?

The horror of the NOTION of something incomprehensible

Wow its as if they're accurately portraying the 80s

I want more Steve and Froggo+Eggo this season

Why do I find him so attractive?

>[Finn’s] my given, full name. Finn’s not short for anything; it’s just Finn Wolfhard. And then Wolfhard means, I think, heart of the wolf in German. What’s funny is I’m German, but then I’m like French — I’m French and German and then Jewish. It’s really weird. I have really weird blood. And then I go to Catholic school, which is really weird.

Does this mean he isn't circumcised?

>Does this mean he isn't circumcised?

I hope not.

why are there always pedos in these stranger things threads? I'm silently hoping you're all just a bunch of tweens.

>I'm silently hoping you're all just a bunch of tweens.
If you were silently hoping you would've have typed it out you sick fuck

according to Sup Forums it's tentacles and gothic architecture and Dark Souls games.

According to people who have actually read Lovecraft, it's ancient terrible inhuman gods, cosmic horrors from other dimensions, screwy geometric that the human mind cannot comprehend, poor people, non-british people, and fish people.

It's bloodbourne

Maybe they'll get the autist who wrote Ready Player One in as a guest writer.

Probably not - normies don't want horror, they want nostalgia and gender nonconforming trans gay characters.

You're gay and also a pedo?

they were going to kill his character off but the actor was so nice and charming irl they actually changed his story and altered the entire nancy and johnathon storyline.

That's the vibe I get from the fanbase too.

why is she so perfect ;-;

>lovecraftian
you keep using that word

>Lovecraftian
>doezn't even have fish rape and ejaculation
I bet you'd never even heard of H.P. Lovecraft.

you made that post gold

What?

Like I said, Dark Souls games.

anyone else think the skelly looks weird in this? jumps and does a turn while sucking on the paper cup kek

>toad god is the pollywog
what? pollywog?

POST ELEVEN SWEET DELICIUS FEET

>T2
>80s

I was convinced he was going to step in the bear trap.

do you have a source for that? seems interesting

>"LOL TENTACLES, MUST BE LOVECRAFTIANISM!!!!!!"

You're so fucking dumb.