Stuff they got away with in kids' films

How the fuck did they get away with this in a kids' movie? It's hard-core horror stuff for that time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oenIY_EksGw
imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3958767897
youtube.com/watch?v=_Rnaa9qtGgs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He was a nazi

It wasn't a kids movie
The MPAA wasn't as strict back then as they are now

Fuck no wonder everyone's a fucking pussy now, that's barely claynimation.

FLOOP IS A MADMAN HELP US SAVE US

Fuck man that opening is brutal

>Raiders of the Lost Ark
>kids movie

Umm no sweetie.

this and gremlins are the reason why there's pg-13 but i dont really see the point

also
>kids movie
in the first 5 minutes, alfred molina is impaled with spears and later a man is turned into chunky salsa with a propeller

Post titties and nudity they got away with in kids' movies.

uma thurman was 17 and nude in baron munchausen

Early Bond films slipped in brief nipples and bushes every once in a while. Those were rated PG because PG-13 didn't exist at the time and there was nothing that warranted an R.

youtu.be/oenIY_EksGw

>t. reddit

This was before PG-13. Plus the Motion Picture Association of America film rating system is horribly corrupt. imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3958767897

Not a kids movie but I just watched True Grit and it was pretty violent for PG-13.
There's one guy who gets shot right in the face that reminded me of the scene in Taxi Driver.

Not to strict back then.. all the bond movies are sexist as fuck & would cause mobs with torches if released today

I was honestly shocked they got away with that.

I jerked off to Tonya Roberts in Beastmaster and Jenny Agutter in Logan's Run, both on TBS, soooooo many fucking times.

PG-13 often looks the other way in terms of violence, though. They focus more on sexuality and language.

Even R seems to treat nudity and sexuality as more taboo now than it did back in the 80s. Gratuitous nudity used to be a staple of every R rated horror film. Now if you get a nip slip it feels like a big deal, even though that shit is rated R.

Yeah but this is still pretty rough. youtube.com/watch?v=_Rnaa9qtGgs
Some poor sap gets his fingers cut off then violently stabbed in the chest and they don't hide a thing. Then a guy gets shot in right in the face, and it isn't shown in this clip but they do a close up of his face afterwards. It all happens in front of a little kid too.

Nazis aren't human beings, so it was ok.

>t. underage

Legitimately gave me nightmares as a kid. Any body horror/transformation stuff messed me up. Same with the vegetables in Rocky and Bullwinkle.

>Batman Begins was R
>The Dark Knight was PG-13

If they're nazis or drug-dealers then the hero of the film is allowed to kill them in as gory and sadistic a manner as possible.

>Batman Begins was R

?

We weren't pussies. That was all of 5 seconds of a great action movie. I watched temple of doom so many times as a kid. Loved the gross parts. Times were better then.

So much this. To a kid then, R meant tits or maybe even bush.

>for that time
You mean the time when every other PG movie had "fuck" or gore in it?

It was a different time

>You mean the time when every other PG movie had "fuck" or gore in it?

Or you could use the word "fag" as a punchline in a PG or PG-13 movie and everyone would laugh instead of getting triggered.

PG used to be akin to that era's PG-13 until Temple of Doom and Gremlins freaked parents out and they decided there needed to be a rating that indicated something geared to older preteens and shit.

>Guy/Gal getting bashed his skull in is ok
>BUT GOD FORBID THE DREAD CHILDREN-SCARRING NIPPLE TO APPEAR ON TV

Fucking americans.

Also, this kind of horror was sort of visit card

this

PG-13 didn't exist yet.
But it sure did afterwards.

Actually PG-13 was instituted following Temple of Doom. Spielberg himself pushed for an in-between rating.

How much did this shock you the first time?

It got me pretty good :(

Right, I knew that. This certainly got the ball rolling.

I never understood how American movies have so much more of an issue with showing a nipple than with showing gore and violence.
I know what shocked me the most as a kid and it wasn't no damn nipple

I was pretty shocked when there was a naked woman in Airplane 2, but in a good way.

>Not one mention of Poltergeist

how the FUCK did they get away with releasing that as a fucking PG or whatever it got.
That fucking clown shit me right up as a kid.

This was rated PG

RATED FUCKING PG

Jesus christ which movie?

Wow, another humans pubic hair and nipple is on show briefly, the outrage.
Lets pump out more heads getting blown off and guts getting poked. So much more palatable to our human condition surely.

>Rated PG-13

HOW!?

Watership down

Oh god, fuck me user this movie legit broke me when i was a kid

It's just some boobies.

Thanks friend.

Not a kids movie. I wish plebbit would leave.

What in the fuck?
I haven't watched it but what?

Batman Begins is not rated R, what the duck? Did you mean Batman v. Superman?

>he doesn't remember the street rape scene and the fat dude from the patriot getting his throat completely torn out

People weren't pussies back then and most can differentiate between movies and reality.

fucking this
also better parents so kids weren't all autistic morons

>"KIDS MOVIES SHOULD HAVE NOTHING BUT POOPOOPEEPEE JOKES N' MINIONS N' STUFF INNEM XD XD XD XD"

What do terrible parents of today mean by this

who won? betting it all on the rabid rabbit

How did they get away with this?

I can't remember what's going on here.

This film and this scene in particular always disturbed the shit out of me and the memory of it stayed with me. This and uma thurman's poison ivy scenes probably pushed me towards my domination/dominatrix fetish

Is she really doing what I think she's doing?