Do you think deep down he regrets selling Star Wars to Disney?

Do you think deep down he regrets selling Star Wars to Disney?

Yes. He knows what could have been.

Would you regret getting a billion dollars?

>I sold my babies to white slavers
Does this sound like regrets?

He was leveraged into selling.

He already had enough money to do pretty much anything he wanted though.

He's probably just sad that he couldn't make it all himself. He had a shit ton of help with the originals but when phantom menace cane about he tried to do everything and it sucked. I think the years between the OT and phantom it all went to his head like ya I can totally make a star wars movie on my own and when it turned out that he sucks at making movies and couldn't make his brainchild the way he thought he could he probably got super frustrated. It probably hurts more to see your brainchild be used as a hooker to sell toys for someone else that isn't you

he really didn't have a heir to pass it on, and it was best to get the money and pay off all debts.

His divorce from the woman that edited A New Hope so it wasn't boring mess didn't help. He had something to prove after that...

Yes

>He had a shit ton of help with the originals but when phantom menace cane about he tried to do everything and it sucked.
BS, he had just as much help on the prequels as on the OT. He was in total control of his movies as early as ESB.

Yes, definitely.

he regrets his entire life since the ending of the original trilogy

This.

no he enjoyed it

look at the smile on his face

Yes, every waking moment

he can now focus on things he's always wanted to do, like Red Tails and Strange Magic

thought he only owned the merchandising

What do you think? (pic related)

I'd say the sequels should have followed reality. Han Solo would have become very rich and successful, Luke would have fought some weird space cats, and Leia would have died of her deathsticks addiction.

Did that 3d Fern Gully looking animated feature he was directing ever come out? What was the deal with that?

The Prequels are the best Star Wars movies fight me.

that face is the face of someone who doesn't give a fuck

The only credit he has for empire is "story by". He had a lot of people who were better writers and directors working their roles in the OT, he may have been the boss but people could probably argue against him without fear of being fired. I'm willing to bet the prequels were tyrannical like that. When phantom menace came out lucas was out of the public eye for like 15 years, it's not a stretch that a guy who mistakenly got handed too much credit let it go to his head and then when people stopped thinking about him and all these epic movies were coming out he wanted to be relevant again.

Why do fat people always drink diet soda like it's any better for you

Yes, it's such a shame we missed out on great ideas like force-parasites, a planet of sci-fi minions, a bland villain defeating armies through art interpretation, and Luuke Skywalker.

I think there's some things the prequels do that get overlooked. For example, no fucking death stars. Lucas just isn't talented enough a writer or director to make a political conspiracy plot work which is what this was trying to be

Better writers? Who? Lawrence Kasdan? The guy who wrote Force Awakens? LOL
he may have been the boss but people could probably argue against him without fear of being fired
How is that? He produced the movie with his own money, he could fire everyone and go to seep if he wanted.
>a guy who mistakenly got handed too much credit
you're talking about Kasdan or Kirshner?

> In November 2015, Ron Howard confirmed that he, Robert Zemeckis and Steven Spielberg were approached by Lucas to direct The Phantom Menace. All three approached directors told Lucas that he should direct the film, as they each found the project "too daunting."
This is interesting because Spielberg was willing to direct Return of the Jedi (he couldn't due to Lucas's departure from the Directors Guild of America). Was he afraid that nothing he made could possibly hope to match the hype that had built since ROTJ?

So what happened between the OT and the prequels?

>BS, he had just as much help on the prequels as on the OT.
He was getting input from his friends on his scripts from Star Wars constantly, and even had some of them rewrite all of his dialogue for the final version. His wife had to re-edit the movie to make it watchable. He didn't write ESB or have very much to do with its story besides basic ideas, and hired someone else to do direct. He had almost no control over the movie, and hated that. The entire production consisted of him trying to get Kershner and Kurtz to stop trying to make a good movie; when he saw the final version, he freaked out and tried to re-edit a more action-oriented version that everyone hated. He's a control freak, so he had more control over ROTJ, but he still didn't write it or direct it.

>The only credit he has for empire is "story by".
Lucas had Leigh Brackett write the initial screenplay. He wasn't satisfied with her work and was going to ask her to give it another go. However, she died before he could get to it. So Lucas whipped up the story himself, discarding everything done up to that point, and had Kasdan convert his ideas into a screenplay. Brackett is only credited out of respect.

didnt he give it all away to charities because doing the taxes for 4 billion was too complicated?

20 years or so

>Kasdan convert his ideas into a screenplay.
Yes, ideas. Lucas didn't have a script, or even a real outline. He just handed Kasdan a bunch of notes and told him to turn it into a script, and didn't even give him a realistic deadline because he didn't realize how little he had given Kasdan. Kadan did a lot more than just transcribing a bunch of things George had given him. The script never would have existed without him actually writing it.

So there's no change in quality between those two series of films is what you're saying?

Have you ever read a screenplay?

NO.

He did it as a "fuck you" to the fans criticizing his constant meddling with the original trilogy and for red tails being a flop.

The prequels were clearly a miss but at least he tried. Disney aren't trying anything. They're milking the franchise with dumbed down rehashed plot and nostalgia overdose. They know people will get tired of that shit very quick, so they're making a movie every fucking year. Even the Han Solo movie is scheduled for May, only 5 months after TLJ

>Would you regret getting a billion dollars?
He gave it all away.

Remove Nostalgia what you have is six films who made a boatload of money.

the OT just followed the classic hero journey plotline.

the prequals are a mixed bag. 1 is a great kids film, 2 and 3 try to tell a much more complex story then the OT.

really there one really good film (ESB), and II is the awful film. The rest are just okay fun movies that happened to be very popular.

>Do you think deep down he regrets selling Star Wars to Disney?
He was blackmailed. so yes

Hey, but what we got is not so bad though right!??

this

I 100% agree

Now we'll never get the Jar Jar spinoff trilogy.

>They're milking the franchise with dumbed down rehashed plot and nostalgia overdose.
The Phantom Menace was basically just a slightly altered version of the original script for Star Wars, and was full of nostalgia baiting like including Greedo and having Anakin build C3PO.

>no Jar Jar spinoff trilogy

>Implying

If by calling it a kids film it's your way of giving it an excuse to not be interesting or compelling outside of pod racing then that's true. Also in revenge of the sith and attack of the clones trying to be complicated and failing it brought the movie down to being shittier then the OT, are you arguing that purely their intent elevates them above the ot, which big dumb fun summer movie or not, succeeds at everything it tries to accomplish while ep 2 and 3 flounder on everything

I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke.

fuck that faggot. he married a female nigger gorilla and shat on whites. he is still a multi-billionaire but I hope he chokes on shit and dies a miserable death. he is the Notch of movies.

>george only just recently made the decision to value money above everything else
>mfwnf

SEND.

Funny, because looking back the prequels are worlds above the subhuman libshit feminazi sjw kike liquid shit that was TFA

>the OT just followed the classic hero journey plotline
Why is this a bad thing? It's not what you do. It's how you do it. Execution is key. OT might be simple. But 2/3 it does it exceptionally well. ROTJ is just okay.

George has diabetes. A normal coke would probably send him into a coma.

Nope. He completely jewed the jews. Disney went full retard when they bought this shit for 4 billion dollars. If they sold it now they would probably get half of that price. It's a very overrated brand because of internet autists.

No quite.

The prequal movies are two sets of movies.

1. A kid movie that works for the most part.
2. Two movies telling a very different story then the OT. It much easier to write a hero-Journey story then "The fall of the Roman republic space opera with the corruption to evil of a lead"

The story telling ability is the same, just that it can't rise to the level needed for the intended story in the 2-3 prequels.

Disney is just rehashing the hero story and producing workable, but in the end, very boring story in VII.

(RO was most likely the best Star Wars movie in ages since it tried to tell a new story and was able to pull it off)

Not saying it a bad thing

It is a bad thing if you tell the same story twice in the same setting. and that the classic hero journey is about the easiest thing to write.

No he's now happy that he can finally focus on smaller art films like Red Tails and Strange Magic.

Poor George. First he got stuck with a fat black chick as a wife even though hes one of the richest guys alive, and than as if it couldn't get any worse he gets dick slapped with Diabetes?

Ootery

>i'm so butthurt about the prequels that I have to justify the quality of the originals by undermining the role Lucas had in them to a microscopic scale and making shit up

Funnily enough Kasdan was the one that hated the "I know" line. Fuck, that hack was butthurt about changes Spielberg made in Raiders.

And Kurtz just sounds like a jaded former employee. And it's weird how he never made anything of value afterwards, when he was seemingly the one that was the true visionary.

You actually believe that?

I'm not saying that making the prequels wasn't an admirable attempt at making something more complicated, I'm just saying it wasn't as well executed as the originals and that's why they're better. In theory they're more interesting but when you sit down to watch them it's painful. Also I didn't care for rogue one because I didn't feel anything for the characters. Kinda funny how rogue one had a solid story and tfa had the better characters. I'm not really a fan of the Disney movies though, they're like movies written with a computer algorithm

but where's the female jedi sticker?

I didn't care for TFA people at all outside of the pilot.

He didn't direct those movies. Why are people giving him full responsibility for these flops but want to credit Spielberg for Indy and Kirshner for ESB?

LOL, she's printed on cardboard that you're supposed to discard

To the tune of 4 Bil...Yeah I bet he's gutted

still better than Rehash Awakens

And General Thrawn became one of the most popular villains of Star Wars

4 billion for the Star Wars licence was a bargain for Disney

he has no respet fo his own stuff

so, he doesn't

>And General Thrawn became one of the most popular villains of Star Wars
That doesn't mean he's a good character. Boba Fett is another one of the most popular villains in SW, and he barely has any character in the movies. SW fans will love any character that looks cool or who they're told is awesome.

The Thrawn Trilogy is trashy, pulp scifi. They're entertaining reads, but they're not very good. And they would have made shit movies.

Ehhhh rey was ok, she gets a bad rap. Now that I'm thinking about it though there weren't that many memorable characters in tfa, I guess I just liked Finn and rey

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it has references to the original trilogy but it was not a plot rehash like Force Awakens

>Post pic of Rolls Royce and two strippers

This is what poorfags think wealth is

>That doesn't mean he's a good character. Boba Fett is another one of the most popular villains in SW, and he barely has any character in the movies. SW fans will love any character that looks cool or who they're told is awesome.

he has a lot of dialogues. He is not a force user but used his brain to defeat his enemies thats why he is popular. Disney even rehashed him for Star Wars Rebels.

>trashy
yes the plot is confusing at times but its still better than a rehashed New Hope with no explanations what happened during the end of episode 6 and the beginning of episode 7

funny isnt it

>not a plot rehash
It's literally a rehashing of a rejected draft of Star Wars. There's also a "blow up the Death Star"-type sequence which was inserted out of nowhere, which people loved to complain about with TFA, along with other things like the protagonists growing up as mechanically-inclined desert orphans, a desert racing sequence and a three-person lightsaber fight.

>t. toyota corrola and a gf ( male )

Looks like he's signing a terms of surrender.

I've never heard this before. Explain please.

The context surrounding the sale screamed Bad Deal and reluctance on Lucas's part.

Throughout his entire career, Lucas guarded the SW franchise jealously. Then he suddenly sells for a mere $4B.

He promptly donated the poceeds of the sale to charity, which means he didn't need the money.

Then he tried to stay involved with the production and creative direction side of things but Disney was able to cut him out completely. Lucas isn't naive enough to overlook something as fundamental as retaining creative control of future projects, he's an experienced businessman. So that means he willingly ceded those rights during negotiations. How did Disney manage that?

So if he didn't need the money, and wanted to stay involved, why did Lucas sell in the first place and forfeit all influence? because Disney had some way of forcing his hand and keeping him quiet. ie: blackmail

This. He got leveraged.

>He is not a force user but used his brain to defeat his enemies thats why he is popular. Disney even rehashed him for Star Wars Rebels.
Thrawn as a type of imperial officer would have been a good character to base The First Order off of.
>Calm
>Calculating
>Creative
>Skeptical of all Force users
>Able to use strategy and tactics to fight from a position of weakness

Too bad we got Disney-shit

Disney's a well-known bully.

Avatar 2 was due 2 years ago, then suddenly Disney gets an Avatar expansion to its theme parks and Avatar gets delayed to stay out of the way of SW and capeshit.

There are no coincidences in this business at all.

Disney wanted Lucasfilm, and got it. And for a price some would see as stealing it.

And yeah they promised Lucas a consulting role but didn't put it in writing, so they promptly told him to fuck off and stay out of their way.

>Lucas gets blackmailed
>Star Wars gets black male-d

It rhymes

who is this?

its sad when people get this delusional

lucas sold to spite "fans" that had been shitting on him every second since the first special edition.

Can anyone explain to me why EVERY single fucking normie thought TFA was a good movie, including the ones who are fans of star wars? It really pisses me off.

>they promptly told him to fuck off and stay out of their way.
Can't blame them for that though

That doesn't make any sense
>haha fuck you guys i just sold my beloved franchise and gave the reigns to someone else hehe suckers
the more likely scenario is he saw nowhere to go with the franchise since the fans had gone full autist and turned on him. anything he made would probably be mocked regardless of quality, so he gave it to someone else to keep it alive.
keep in mind he also thought he would still be involved in the process of making the next film until kathleen betrayed him.
but that's a whole other story.

Because the SJW reviewers said so.
same thing happened with the new DC movies. critics said it was bad so it must be bad.

He would've completely ignored that trash if he made the sequels

Of course he regrets it.
He gave it to Disney because he didn't think he'd be healthy enough pushing 80-90 trying to churn out another 3 movies. He wanted to appease his fans and give them more of what (he thought) they wanted: the rest of the story. Little did he know Disney makes movies in board rooms now instead of being led by enthusiastic bright-eyed visionaries. So instead of space-opera kino we're getting fast food cash in flicks.

he diabete

>lucas sold to spite "fans" that had been shitting on him every second since the first special edition.

^this is a line used by Disney's viral marketing campaign.
It shifts blame from Lucas and Disney to the longtime fans of star wars. "Don't like Nu-Star Wars? Too bad, it's all your fault!"
It uses "quotation marks" to imply the people who nitpick and criticize the franchise don't count as true fans.

Yeah but a lot of people on here hated him. I kind of feel now that it was deserved. We deserve what Disney is doing.