PREVIOUSLY:

Other urls found in this thread:

saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
youtube.com/watch?v=qTIUc24hiGI
youtu.be/EWkdqW0nCik
youtube.com/watch?v=RnFwisRAXgk
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/username/schlemihl/
kreuzader.aetherstation.net/post/163404119626/pre-production-concepts-from-millennium-effects
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doctor Whore

Doctor Cumslut

Is it /time/?

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, Whittaker 13th Doctor) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.)

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged.

WE need more entries for classic as well as NuWho Doctors. Entries for Thirteen are accepted as well. Aug 10th is deadline

First for tardis wikia autism

Almost finished mine, should have it ready in the next few days

I'm making progress on mine after days or writers block

Any new Shit Trip entries

Here's a list of Doctors that still need stories:

First Doctor
Second Doctor
Fourth Doctor
Tenth Doctor
Kris Marshall Doctor with Anri Okata companion
Morbius Doctor fics
Foreman Doctor fics

More Thirteenth Doctor stories would be nice as well.

I'll also accept stories with just the companions.

Perhaps a story where Ian and Barbara encounter Bill and Nardole?

Or that story that Moffat was originally gonna make for the 50th when it looked like Matt Smith's contract would run out, with just Clara Oswald in the 50th celebration?

Or a story where Frobisher the Whifferdill meets Frobisher from Torchwood?

Or a story where that T-rex from 11 omics shows up?

Or perhaps a Time Hunter story?

Nice. What's your about?

Yes! Getting past writer's block is always a relief. Which story are you writing?

Cursed image

I was considering calling it "cursed image edition".

11 meets shitty fanfilm doctors

Well it did indeed happen. The evidence was
>she's named after Bill Hartnell
>a picture of Susan is featured prominently in The Pilot
>also I think there was a moment where it fades from the photo to Bill's face?
and that's it.

Its about An evil Kris Marshall that tries to kill 12 I'm not a writer so its fairly short

Working on my Second Doctor/Chumbleys/Abzorbaloff one, kill me

That sounds hilarious.

That should be a good one.

I expect a novella, remember.

How many loffs could an Abzorbaloff absorb if an Abzorbaloff could absorb loffs?

I hope you're going to explain why Tennant doesn't recognise the Abzorbaloff despite having met him as Troughton

He willingly forgot. And by that he I mean he bashed his head with a rock until his brain was too damaged to remember even a single detail about the horrible monstrosity he just dealt with

What's a loff?

Too easy, posho!

That's easy--Absorbaloff tells Two he didn't recognize him as Ten, so Ten has to act like he doesn't recognize Absobaloff when he meets him.

>people laugh at series 3 is best series opinion

What? It's an amazing series with some best Tennant acting and with most, dare I say it, fun. I adore series 3.
Smith and Jones is a bloody brilliant script - fast-paced, funny, engaging, with cool monsters. Even Moffat himself said that Smith and Jones is a bar placed very very high.
I'm absolutely in love with Martha, even though Freema sometimes is a bit underperforming, she's an adorable companion. I love Gridlock, I love Gareth's episode.
I like 42 alot and still prefer it to Oxygen, for example, if we talk base under siege.
It also has that fabulous 4 episodes streak of absolute, pure kino - human nature, family of blood, blink, utopia
All four are just fantastic.
And two last episodes, even though they are a bit messy and have questionable writing choices (i'm being tolerable), John Simm absolutely owns as the Master, he's just too great. And to be honest I can't hate last two stories anyway.

I think it's a hella strong series. With amazing music introduced, with fast pace and great energy, with tons of fun and tons of cool monsters, with great personal drama.
I bloody love series 3.

it's basically an updog

It's Raxacoricofallapatorian for loli

Honestly there's so much time between them he could've simply forgot.

>But seriously just look at the amount of "girl power" stuff there has been injected into Doctor Who lately. You've got to be blind if you think the writers aren't typical middle class feminists trying to virtue signal about how progressive they are.
>I mean they have been inserting more and more "bravo multiculturalism and bravo women" and "lol men are stupid" moments in the show as the season numbers go up
That's all Moffat though, we haven't really seen any of that from Chinballs.

>Powerpuff Girls
Loved that show too. I think it's the only cartoon from my childhood that still completely holds up.

Thread Theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=qTIUc24hiGI

Anyone have a copy of DWM yet? I imagine the subscribers might have it by now

I hate how dark the show is right now
And by dark I mean visuals
Everythink is DARK and gloomy
like it makes everything more real or more emotional or what
We had TWO episodes set in the dark caves in a row, and then we get a finale where first part is set in the dark hospital, and second part just set in the night
The only episode that didn't feel like dark is Smile

is that really needed?

We still need more Class fics. I want a Class ficfrom someone whose read it.

>where first part is set in the dark hospital, and second part just set in the night
You clearly missed that whole first half set in broad daylight.

>That's all Moffat though, we haven't really seen any of that from Chinballs.

It really is all Moffat. He thinks cheap shots at men and insincere, fawning praise of women is feminism. Wish he'd just written some good female characters tee bee aitch.

ONE DAY

Reminder that Luke Newman regenerates into a black man.

youtu.be/EWkdqW0nCik

what monsters are opposing tom baker and paul mcgann

That was daylight? It was really dark fucking daylight. The filter made it seem like it was perma-Twilight.

Doctor Who's always had a lot of nighttime stuff. The issue I have is that now they don't even bother filming at night, they just grade the picture in post. And it looks fucking shit; The Doctor Falls is almost entirely blue because of the shit color grading to make it "look like night".

They're both facing the Vashta Nerada, the flesh-eating shadows from the Library two-parter.

Vashta Nerada, twice.

Not kidding.

The Vashta Nerada, both times for some reason

I still want to listen to it tho

Well I agree
People say the directing is GOAT etc but visually it looks really weird all the time
I'm not sure if the decision is up to Talalay or not, but it doesn't look good

fuck, I googled him, and he's given himself a fucking imdb page with his shitty fanfilms on it

Guys don't bully the Luke

What did he mean by this?

Hey, at least he made fanfilms. How many has the genderfluid genius done?

>When a distress call rips the TARDIS from the Vortex, dragging it back through time, it arrives in the midst of a conflict between Gallifrey and an ancient foe.
>It's a Five in Gallifrey's past episode

OH SHIT

>remembering how our Vashta Nerada story came out

It's still canon.

Graeme Harper is still the best director to ever work on this show

>that 10 minutes long sequence of master reveal which is so thrilling you dont want to miss a second

10 minutes of PURE excitement

he also managed to make 42 fast paced
why was he dropped once again

I'm not shitting on him for that, I've made one too, it's not easy. I just his acting's bad and his writing's worse, and making himself an imdb page for his fanfilms is ridiculous

>I've made one too
link it brah

Doctor Who is dead.

delet this

Lucky it can regenerate then

youtube.com/watch?v=RnFwisRAXgk

OH CRAP

Alright, I need at least one Auton Stratagem fic in Shit Trips 2. It's part of the /who/ canon now!

I think you're giving him a bit too much credit desu.

The same can't be said for the viewing figures

I mean, that's why I'm doing an 11 meets shitty youtube doctors shit trip. I blatantly wanted to put myself in it. I thought it'd be fun

Can I have some examples of cheap shots at men? And fawning praise of women (reminder that heterosexual men kinda fawn over women anyway but that's besides the point - or is it?). Purely for research purposes of course.

>pretending anyone on /who/ knows whether the viewing figures are okay, in a world where no one watches TV anymore anyway

Schlemihl will upload it as soon as he has a few moments to do so, after he has it. Stay tuned, he delivers very consistently.

thanks, I only started going on /who/ during series 10, so I'm pretty new to all this

>The only time I've been a man, that last body. Dear Lord, how do you cope with all that ego?

>Think about it. Weak and strong. It's a translation. Translated from the base code of nature itself. You and I, Cyril, we're weak. But she's female. More than female, she's mum. How else does life ever travel? The Mother ship.

>Male Timelord on Gallifray regenerates into a woman
>"Only time I’ve been a man, that last body. Dear lord, how do you cope with all that ego?"

Can you imagine the public outcry if the regeneration was the opposite and he said something like "Only time I’ve been a woman, that last body. Dear lord, how do you cope with all those emotions?"

>Alien Queen (who is portrayed as powerful but honorable and wise in the episode) to Bill: "We're both surrounded by noisy males, I would value your opinion."

Can you imagine if the scene had a bunch of women and an alien king said to the Doctor "We're both surrounded by noisy females, I would value your opinion."

What bugs me is not the fact they make fun of men but the fact that making fun of women is a massive taboo. You should either make fun of everyone or fun of no-one (but the second option is dumb).

Anytime. You can peruse previous postings by him/DWM in the mean time.
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/username/schlemihl/

Male stereotypes (being stoic, serious, getting down to business) are considered superior, overall, to female stereotypes (being emotional, weepy, "that bitch", slutty, "girly shit"). Therefore, making fun of women only adds to that stereotype, whereas making fun of men is a subversion of that.

Thinking about it, I don't know anybody that doesn't binge watch most TV shows, incl Doctor Who.

How this affects viewing figures,or how binge watching viewers are counted, I have no idea.

Thanks mate

>How this affects viewing figures,or how binge watching viewers are counted, I have no idea.
That's what I mean. So many people on here and in other places seem to pretend they know whether the viewing figures are good or bad. Ultimately it's up to the BBC whether they continue the show or not

There are a lot of negative male stereotypes as well. Dumb, quick to anger, makes everything into a competition, bad with emotions, only thinks about sex. Basically the "men are cavemen" stereotype which is a-okay to show by today's standards for some reason.

It's okay to show a bunch of grunting men throw rocks at each other for fun as a joke but it's not okay to show a bunch of over emotional girls going gaga over shopping. How are these not double standards?

He's not saying that there aren't negative stereotypes for both, just that in general negative female stereotypes are seen as worse than male ones.

But 8s is in a time war context so the real monster will be the war i think

aaaaaaa

christ fuck where is that from

Now that's what I call spooky

Ah alright. There's truth in that especially historically but I still feel like it doesn't apply today when pretty much nobody thinks feminine qualities are automatically bad and masculine qualities good. Basically at the end of the day you can't just thumb down men and thumb up women in writing and call it equality.

kreuzader.aetherstation.net/post/163404119626/pre-production-concepts-from-millennium-effects

>I still feel like it doesn't apply today when pretty much nobody thinks feminine qualities are automatically bad and masculine qualities good
Tell any man off the street that he's looking particularly feminine today and you'll see that's not true

Nick briggs here. Planning to get experimental next year. What would /who/ prefer: a box set of david tennant and billie piper kissing for 4 hours along with behind the scenes extras likd fondling noises or an adaptation of Lawrence Miles Alien Bodies and a box set of Peter Davison with Lucie Miller as a companion?

>in a few months, Alien Bodies will be a 20-year-old novel

Well tell any woman they look particularly masculine and it won't go any better. What's your point? A lot of men and women like to be called their own gender, it doesn't mean they think qualities of the opposite gender are bad in said gender.

I"m glad they didn't go with those, they're almost too creepy

That one's not bad.

This would be a fantastic design for a different strain of early Cybermen.

And it will still be shit

Are we still talking about the female doctor?

My two cents is that they never opened the role up for male actors, so either the showrunner REALLY wanted a female doctor, or there was pressure of some kind put on the show.

Regardless I'll probably watch the new series, but I'm pirating it, no way am I going to let BBC get more ratings.

Doctor Who deserves a big budget with good actors and not cringey writing, not the shit we've got for the last few seasons.

If the first two episodes are good, I'll tune in, if not I'm pirating or dropping.

good fur yu

>tfw Moffat was absolutely right, and nothing Miles wrote after had the same impact again.

If Chibnall really didn't want to do it, I don't think the BBC could or would force him to go female (there are other ways for the show to look good and I'm sure they could go another year or 3 without the shitstorm).

Jodie was Chibnall's first choice for the role which comes from his having worked with her on 3 series of Broadchurch. I think he's committed to it, and has had a clear vision of it for a while.

I'm actually looking forward to the Vashta Nerada twice-parter
I imagine it will be a repercussion of when he was 4 kind of story.

>used to be a big deal
>then lashed out at his fellow creators
>revealed to be an unhinged autist
>writes long diatribes about people who've scorned him
>now does nothing with his life despite his fans' wishes

Is Lawrence Miles the Spoony of Doctor Who?

>be me
>shipping musical instruments today
>throw on seasons of fear on spotify
>realize moffat ripped off elements from this story and used them in many different stories
>used the ending in a christmas carol
>used the plot in Ashildr
>used historical figure that wants to kill the doctor for lack of marriage but is also a ruse in day of the doctor
>okayed use of english romans vs. Space threat that is seen as a savior
>used plot about arc character meeting with doctor after having killed him
>still used all these big finish ideas better than rtd did in Rise of the cybermen two-parter when he ripped off spare parts

Moffat a hack, but davies a bigger hack. A hack and a cough, if you will. A full on choke.