If Daria came out today, Sup Forums would hate it and call it a tumblr show

If Daria came out today, Sup Forums would hate it and call it a tumblr show.

I did hate it when it came out. I didn't call it tumblr core but I did call it the Show of Dykes.

That's because if Daria was made to day it would be a shitty tumblr show.

That a very broad and over used statement. If you wanted a daria thread you could've just asked for one.

Please don't.

>Female "protagonist"
>Diverse cast
>Possibly-bi best female friend
>Totally smarter than everyone

Yep, it's a Tumblr show on the surface, but then you have to remember.

>Female MC is hardly a protagonist, just a girl trying to figure her life out.
>Diverse cast is diverse by way of having two tokens that lament their positions as token blacks within the narrative, aren't stereotypes, but also accept the reality of their ethnicity and strive to be better people independent of any preconceived notions about their race. They aren't painted white characters, being black is actually an aspect of their lives.
>Best friend legitimately questions her sexuality, buy with an unrelated person. Daria has one of the best-written friendships in modern animation, anyway.
>Daria's "holier than thou" attitude has fucked her over multiple times and is proven to be wrongheaded multiple times in the show. Her cynicism and introversion have been shown to be to her detriment, despite whatever comfort she finds in considering herself above things. She's witty enough to notice problems, but often too lazy to ever fix them, and people call her out on her bullshit.

So no, Tumblr wouldn't allow it.

>Female MC is hardly a protagonist

I don't think you know what the word protagonist means.

>>Best friend legitimately questions her sexuality, buy with an unrelated person. Daria has one of the best-written friendships in modern animation, anyway.
What? This shit never happened, some lesbian tried to bang her and she said she didn't swing that way.

>implying Sup Forums would watch the show to find any of that out

I have seen Daria posts with thousands of notes. It's not the most popular show but Tumblr doesn't hate it.

MTV is bringing back Daria and some of their other shows

IIRC she said maybe she's bi/lesbian but she wasn't sure at the time and she didn't want to bang that girl since she had a completely different idea about their relationship than her.

But Daria wasn't an SJW, she was completely apathetic toward social issues and hated humanity in general.

>it's a Tumblr show on the surface

That just means it's a tumblr show. Who the fuck would actually watch it if they thought it was a tumblr show?

Just goes to show you shouldn't judge something for being "tumblr" or "reddit", take Steven Universe, you should be shitting on it for being a children's show that developmentally delayed people put on a pedestal, not for pandering to SJWs.

At least no one would call it calarts

More like you shouldn't listen to a bunch of a faggots on an anonymous image board. Watch the shit first before forming your own opinion.

Its art style was the calarts of the day. It legitimately probably would look something like this if done today.

Wouldn't that be klasky csupo as the calarts of its time?

She questions it in that episode, user.
She still says no, but one of the points of that episode was Jane thinking about why that art camp chick was so sure Jane went both ways.

She's the MC but not particularly a heroine or "the good guy". Both terms allow protagonist to be used, but people tend to assume the latter.

I know, I just don't think Tumblr would appreciate a remake -- or continuation, as the old Daria crew have stated they wouldn't mind picking the series back up -- without rounding off the edges.

It just means you skipped a non-tumblr show from assumptions. Thinking something is X and never checking when it's really Y doesn't just make it become X

>the MC
>a heroine or "the good guy"

>mfw I'm enough of a hoity toity faggot to know neither is the TRUE Aristotelian definition of a protagonist

Sup Forums's retarded like that.

>implying they still use noodlearms and spoonheads
Maybe five years ago.
Daria would be thicc if released this year in animation.

Congratulations.

>So no, Tumblr wouldn't allow it.
How different would Daria be if it came today in a world where modern animation and cartoons are apparently controlled by the Industry of tumblr?

>controlled by the Industry of tumblr?
HAHAHAHA

Protagonist literally means main character. It has nothing to do with being heroic or "the good guy".

I'm glad you know an outdated definition for a word

>Protagonist literally means main character.
It's more nuanced than that, a protagonist has a single goal that endures throughout the arc of a plot and is either achieved or abandoned forever at the climax of the plot.

when it comes to literary analysis, things don't get as outdated as you think- everyone still stands upon the shoulders of giants and unearth the ancient through their inspiration.
We're still moved most by and stay closest to classical structure. I don't think that's because some great eggheads thought of the best thing first, I think it's simply organic to create that way.
Take a look at the Aristotelian arc, it's the same pattern as an orgasm, or as death throws.

Sexually frustrated much?

I hope it's a sequel. Setting Daria in the 2010s is wrong but if it features 30-something year old Daria then that's fine.

If it stayed true to the idea of countering mainstream culture, Daria would be an Anti-SJW. But we all know it wouldn't do that. She's be an SJW mouthpiece.

also it's a beavis and butthead spin off so tumblr would crucify it.

But if Daria came out today she'll be brown with a pink strand of hair. And lesbian.

>Diverse cast
Eh honestly the whole black girl story arc was pretty forced.
>le rejected for loan, lol what would a black girl's daddy know about business! *chuckling evil white man*

rerunning old episodes on a secondary channel =! "bringing back"

ITT: Sup Forums acting like they wouldn't have hated Daria if it aired today and that Tumblr would have

This probably the most hypocritical shit I've read in a long, time.

Of course Sup Forums would hate it, you fags can't go 2 seconds without trying to label something to an specific site.

this

Not that episode in particular. I was I Loathe a Parade