How long did it take for you to over a break up from the one you deeply truly loved?

How long did it take for you to over a break up from the one you deeply truly loved?

I can sense a break up coming, and I definitely feel like I want to take a break from women after this one

and oh yeah, late night bro culture thread lads

I feel like my SO is about to break up with me. I don't know what happened, they just seem to have lost interest. I know they're only holding off because they don't want to hurt me or something.

I have a bad feeling, and I know it's going to be soon.

Yep, that's what in feeling too

That empty pit of sobering solitude creeping in

The feeling if what you worked to build crumbling before you

The feeling when you find yourself questioning your own worth

I'm going to leave with some friends tonight and spend the night out of our apartment

Oh please,

It didn't really hit me at first, and I basically played it cool for a few weeks, and then she came back for a post-breakup fuck, but after that I realised it was over.

For 2-3 weeks I was hitting the gym and focusing on myself, but because I had isolated myself from other friends during my relationship, I had more or less brought myself back to square 1 and that left me feeling depressed for a few months afterwards. I was fine after that though.

Point being, make sure to force yourself to spend time hanging out with friends and don't use post-breakup depression as an excuse to become an introverted neet. Keep forcing yourself to be social until you start to make new connections because if you manage that, then you'll forget about the breakup in an instant.

Walk it off.

Seriously, nobody who's been there who wants to help is going to validate that pain. You are losing far less than you think you are losing, and losing isn't even the correct way to look at it. You are out. All that craziness, stupidity, vapidity, randomness and simpleminded shit that you initially found cute then later forced yourself to tolerate as the price for sex and shit-tier companionship is gone. You'd be stupid to go back to that for 45 lousy minutes of sex.

The one thing you can do is to simply carry on. Don't draw it out, don't make a fool of yourself, don't beg, don't do anything that will brand you to you, her, your family, her family and everyone you know as the weakling who lost it when she dumped you. You might not have been the one to want out, but you are the one who doesn't want back in.

If she doesn't contact you anymore, that's great; it's just what you want. They usually don't do that though. Remember that you're just acquaintances now, and you don't owe her a thing - favors, use of your truck, solace, sympathetic ear, anything. Be polite but be firm. She's a person to whom you are polite, just like everyone else is to you, and that's it.

Is it easy? Of course it isn't. But you're not going to want to look back on your life and see yourself having done anything else.

My wife left me

I never got over it

Never. Its a good thing. You know what you want.

If you are 20 years old, forever.
If you are 30, it's yolo

>they

stop being a faggot enabler

4-5 months.
I got by with GOING FAST AT MANY MANY SANICS in Tribes Ascend and getting a new job in the summer that changed my environement.

Get a dog they're much more loyal than a woman and will even provide some companionship.

I have never loved
I have a heart of stone
Its just not possible
My gf is only with me cause she is the same some how we have lasted 4 and a half years
I cant wait till we break up im going straight to thailand for 4 months

One single moment

Then it's just about lifelong reminding yourself of all the bullshit you would have to deal with if you tried again when you see some 'happy' couple

just over 4 years ago, third dream I had about her in the past few weeks

dunno why all of the sudden

This is politics board. We don't need any of your women bullshit here. All women are to you is a finely molded piece of flesh with holes. All the talk about "love" and "feelings" is an invention used by women leech emotional satisfaction from men. All that matters is you fuck right hole, raise the kid, and die. Fuck her so hard that you loose any urge to deal with her bullshit, then do something productive. Fuck her so hard that the thought of leaving doesn't enter her mind.

Coming up on a year now of my ex breaking up with me and I found a lot of solace in your post. Thank you.

you sound like a fucking loser who's never been in any meaningful relationship

Well, share what has been going on reguarding her in the back of your mind. That's where your dreams come from, so talk about it with us; i'll listen user :)

>relationships
>meaningful

They just make you 'feel' good, nothing else, they're poor's man drugs.

Dude after you separate from it and get some space in, most of the time you are either thankful it didn't work out or really end up not giving any fucks whatsoever

I a fairly well-adjusted &normal oldish-fag (in my early 30s) I would say that I have had a standard love life for someone my age. My past is filled with girls who at one time I cared deeply about, and now I couldn't imagine still being together at this stage. Some have had kids, gotten married etc

Zero fucks given

Just move on. Go on a dating site or something. Unless you have kids its not a big deal even if it feels like it at the time

Y'all must be fresh off a break up. SO salty.

>They just make you 'feel' good, nothing else, they're poor's man drugs.

Isn't that the point? (if you're nihilistic, which you sound) Find what makes you happy?

And if literally nothing makes you happy, then you've got some serious expectation issues.

You're using 'they' incorrectly.

Good post mate.
Op there's no shortage of women,billions of them on this planet.
So go find another.
personally I quit after my last breakup, done with that shit for good, being single keeps me happy.

>the one you deeply truly loved
First thing to realize is there isn't a "the one." This is a trick of your own mind.

I don't know how long it took me exactly. I supposed while we were broken up but still living together it occurred to me I had no reason to be nice to her when she started being a psycho bitch. That felt fucking great. That was the moment when I started telling myself I had dodged a bullet.

Anyway, you don't truly begin to get over her until you stop contacting her, get rid of whatever might remind you over her, and essentially begin to detox until that bitch is out of your system. You should definitely flirt with lots of girls without getting into anything serious. Makes a huge difference knowing there are other bitches out there and that you don't need to be so reliant on one for your own happiness.

And since you haven't broken up yet, you should just tell her that she should go do her own thing and then don't talk to her for a month. This can actually bring back any respect she isn't currently showing out. She's probably taking you for granted. Otherwise, if she doesn't come back then you're saving yourself so much time and unnecessary stress. Just be polite and say "Look there's something going on with you, I don't know what it is, but I'm not happy waiting for you to have your head in this relationship. You should go do your own thing for awhile."

If she flips out and says you're breaking up with her or wants some final answer about whether you want to be together just give her "We'll see. I really can't say and neither can you right now. Just go do your own thing."

>I know they're only holding off because they don't want to hurt me or something.
This is something women do in relationships at some point. They are dumb as shit. They will get resentful about themselves worrying about your feelings even tho you didn't ask them to and then use this to justify why being you is just to emotionally taxing.

Best thing you can do is remove that burden for them. You should be the first to tell her you feel like she's worrying about you too much and it's straining your relationship. Tell her to go do her own thing. You have know idea how empowering this is as a man to know you can tell a woman to take a walk and not be so emotionally dependent on her. If she comes crawling back to you, then it's up to you if you want to take her back or find someone who is more loyal.

>t. guy whose former fiancee came crawling back and I denied her in favor of a hot blonde who worships me

Yeah, as I said, relationship's are poor man's drug, I replaced most of my people with drugs and it works okay for me.

No love to release serotonin? Find something else to release serotonin, master yourself, addiction to substance is far more manageable than addiction to person(also usually costs less unless you go cocaine).

Based Duckman

>Is it easy? Of course it isn't.
This is a rite of passage into manhood. You have allow your heart to be broken by the illusion of what you thought would be the unconditional devotion of a woman.

Once you go through this and emerge with the realization that you don't need to ever be needy for a woman's love, once you become self reliant, it's funny how these bitches suddenly line up to be with you. They can sense when you're emotionally needy and it's like us looking at a fat girl. When you are willing to let them walk at any moment then it seems they'll do anything to keep your attention.

>fell in love with friends sister
>felt like shit for although he assured me it was cool
>loved the fuck out of her
>my life was turmoil
>she started getting into weird cult shit
>I was in a bad place and couldn't deal with that and impending death of my mother
>only girl to ever strike me
>feel like shit and still love her 10 years later
>sad

Just to hold her and smell her hair again...

Love is legitimately an addiction.

As a matter of fact, the term for this is limerence. If you guys understand what limerence is about, you can become virtually immune to it as well as attract women more easily. It's a huge flaw in human behavior.

I recommend a book called Women's Infidelity.

How often do you speak with her? How often do you look at pictures or see anything that reminds you of her?

You have to absolutely avoid anything that reminds you of her. Keep avoiding it for as long as it takes. You have to avoid thinking of her until it's out of your system. Otherwise you're a faggot.