Fellow Amerifags, what is your take on the Common Core curriculum being taught to children in schools?

Fellow Amerifags, what is your take on the Common Core curriculum being taught to children in schools?

Some of you might be parents or (like me) have kids you need to help with homework and run into math problems like pic related. Is this how the libs are trying to control kids minds, by making math about feelings somehow? FWIW Obama is a huge proponent of this

Other urls found in this thread:

deliberatedumbingdown.com/MomsPDFs/DDDoA.sml.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its retarded

What the hell is that shit?

Let's talk about mart sharts instead

More lowering of the bar so apes can pretend. It would be admirable if it didnt erode society away into nothing

I spoke with a Common Core teacher once.

She tried to coach her daughter through a dead simple arithmetic thing. The daughter had absolutely no idea what was going on. And then the teacher defended it as a good idea.

The problem is that the teachers who are responsible for implementing the new system are fucking retarded, especially at math. Not that "new math" is bad.

t. butthurt math major

The fundamental idea of focusing on mental arithmetic skills in very early math education is good.

... the execution of it is terrible because like with all these "New Curriculums" whether it's Common Core, Upside-Down Classrooms, New Math, New Civics, etc etc etc etc... they're ultimately being written and implemented by people who have no business writing curriculum for those fields.

You've literally got sociology and women's study assholes writing the guidelines for teaching math, science, history, etc.

That is why it's failing so hard.

I'm actually taking differential equations and I feel retarded when my cousin hands me 4th grade homework that has some completely bizarre, convoluted process required to solve it.

Supposedly it is to help people learn to solve math problems faster mentally by breaking numbers up by hundreds, tens, ones and so forth. The problem is you can't really force someone to think abstractly in a certain way, they have to figure it out themselves.

ching chong

me dunno

i rike dog

this times a billion
the abstract math isn't the problem, the problem is that it's being taught by dumb whores who got into teaching because they were too retarded to do anything else.
also i'm not convinced elementary school-aged kids are neurologically developed enough to handle it yet

its our inefficient government's attempt at solving our poor education problem, and like everything else they get involved in, does not work. What you need to understand about america when you compare other countries to us, is that only 13% of americans actually trust our government, because yes, it really is that stupid.

It's clearly a number line. Differential Cuckulas is fucking easy. All they are doing is gradually subtracting 316 from 427. Kill yourselves.

Okay, I'll bite.

The problem with common core is not the skills they're trying to communicate, it's the fact that we have people trying to communicate them that don't understand the premise.

The whole idea behind the "common core," at least as it pertains to mathematics, is teaching number sense, right? So if you're figuring a percentage in your head, you're going to do it differently than on paper. Essentially, common core is having these teachers teach number sense and mental math with a specific procedure and expectation WITHOUT making sure they themselves understand the high level concept they are pushing.

The execution is terrible because they never test their new shitty curriculum before they implement them. People didn't realise just how bad Common Core was until it torpedoed a whole generation of kids maths education.

Why couldn't they have rounded up a few kids and see what happens when they teach and test them on this style before doing it country-wide?

Common core is outcome based education. It's based on the system the nazi's used to indoctrinate the youth. They took the idea from the Russian communists as they had developed it first. Please look this up more, if this isn't stopped it will destroy the world we know. Think about all these kids when they get into their 50's and become the people in power running the world... We have to stop this now before it's too late

Thanks to the nigger in chief

Just checked Wikipedia's definition. Completely leaves out all of the history and purposes for it being used

How many dudes are bad enough to read this?
deliberatedumbingdown.com/MomsPDFs/DDDoA.sml.pdf

I read it durnig lunch hours. Then I got one of the last remainind paper copies. It's a good read.

they really need to abolish one-size-fits-all education

I'm sorry bro :(

Do they at least use RPN to teach mathematics?

Because our education system is fucked. Even when I was in school it was pretty shit, this "common core" just made it worse.

>kid cant do homework
>try to help them
>what the fuck is this shit?
>kid doesn't know what the fuck it is, either
>homework sheet doesn't explain it well
>adds a bunch of new words I've never heard of
>worksheet has atrocious syntax
>can barely tell what the fuck the teacher wants the poor kid to do
>kid has even less of an idea
>try and google that shit
>SFA results turn up
>scant few hits mention the word in context
>it's only more bullshit, hard to digest worksheet questions

Fucking hell. It's like they are trying to wedge a divide between generations without giving us the means to even bridge the gap with our own efforts. At least nowadays the literature is better, even if I don't think that shit is good.

It was all so very confusing and I kept thinking that kids do not need so much ambiguity and bullshit, they need simple, easy to digest information. At least the stupid fucking teachers could give everyone else a goddamn post-it note for reference, but no! They don't do that!

They need this absurd secret clubhouse where they assault kids with crazy bullshit while purposefully fighting against all the "old" methods, so even if you teach a kid that, the kid is still wrong!

>I DON'T CARE IF IT'S RIGHT, IT'S STILL WRONG!
>YOU HAVE TO DO IT THIS WAY, TIMMY!

Fuck sending a kid to private school. It isn't worth it. The Australian curriculum is pants on head.