Is Superman Christian?

Is Superman Christian?

I mean he's suppose to embody the American ideal and was raised by simple small-town rural parents. So he most likely is.

Does Clark Kent go to church every Sunday?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=What religion is Superman
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Quick Google search says that Superman is Methodist.
No idea what Methodist is.

A denomination of Protestantism which broke away from the Catholic Church.

If you think a majority of american christians actually go to church youve got another thing coming

lmgtfy.com/?q=What religion is Superman

He could practice Raoism.

Devout followers of the ideals and philosophies of Method Man.

In DC Christianity is the correct religion, Michael and Lucifer exist, and the Presence is basically the Christian god

Isn't the idea that Superman represents the Jewish immigrant in the 1930s? Has to actively try to fit in, and shit?

Methodism was started in the mid 18th century as a revival of the Church of England. It was started at first as not a separate church but as a new movement within a church. One of the earliest criticisms of the movement was that it preached a much more personal and emotional relationship with God. The founder of the movement is considered to be John Wesley. It was also the denomination of choice for many of the freed black slaves in the Post-Civil War. The Salvation Army is also a child of the movement.

It's the correct religion in real life too.

Actually it broke away from the Church of England, it is a relatively new denomination.

It's the 1950s middle america white picket fence-style sect of Christianity.

if he isn't living a life of full surrender to the Resurrected Lord Jesus Christ, then he isn't a Christian

... no matter what his denomination is

yeah but that would make most Christians non-Christians wouldn't it?

exactly - the true Church will always be in the minority; because many are called but few are chosen

most western 'christians' are nominal at best

most Christians have been non-Christians since the ascent of Christianity

You don't found a religion about peace and then do some shit like the crusades unless you're full of shit

>Implying that Christians started the Crusades.

Look at him! Look at him and laugh!

No, that's Jew propaganda from shit documentals and YouTube videos

> You don't found a religion about peace...

we're not Islam m8 - Christianity is not a religion of peace

All the other deities exist too and are under the endless though.

DEUS VULT on heretics.
>I hate when heretics decide they don't like being heretics moment I start pillaging their lands in CK2
>fags

The Presence, is the strongest thing in DC though other deities exist but none of them are shit compared to The Presence

isn't that the whole point of crusades?

Greek god's exist as well

Rao (mentioned here ) also exists

Okay, but that doesn't support the previous assertion. In fact, the existence of the presence and the christian god suggests both are separate entities.

Yeah, but I'm talking about vidya.
Crusades lost their point with... fourth? When that Venetian dude buttfucked Constantinople.

this fampai

Presence IS the Christian God you dumbass, He's called God of the Covenant several times in different runs.

Marvel has Yahweh (iirc) as a Skyfather

I honestly feel he should be Jewish but he's meant to be an 'all-american boy' type of character so that means he's likely Christian.

I have never heard of that segment of Christianity except for in reference of Superman. I always assumed he'd be Catholic or Protestant (no clue what Protestants believe in but I know they're common).

Some old fan-fic religion for white people

out of all the religions Christianity seems to make more sense on the whole holding up bit its bibble has thousands of translations that all say the same thing more or less and you gotta remember the only way to translate this types of things were to get some one who could speak both languages write it down then make a dangerous walk to sell it to a temple not to metion the fact that it put its god and holy figures in a place where no one could reach and not on top of a hill but everything in the bibble seems to take place in weird time periods like it in a differnt dimension

He was more than likely raised a Christian, but I don't think he would identify as one. He wouldn't be an atheist, he'd just be a general theist with Christian morals (Which apply to a lot of religions anyway)

>Christianity is not a religion of peace

It literally is.

Matthew 5:38-45

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[a] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[b] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

That would be paganism, buddy.

Methodism is also very common in midwest and flyover country in the USA because of "circuit riders" or traveling preachers that were usually Methodist that traveled between rural towns to minister to those communities.

Superman being raised in a small, rural midwestern farming community, he would've likely been raised as Methodist, Baptist or Lutheran.

That being said, I don't think Supes practices as an adult, and Christian faith doesn't play explicitly into his character so it's a bit of a moot point what specific denomination he was brought up in.

There's a world of difference between acknowledging the existence of supremely powerful cosmic entities, and following a religion that deal with them.

And I say that as a devout Catholic. It is totally possible for someone in the DCU to know that the Presence is a thing, Hell is a place, and there are angels that run around and encounter events on Earth, and still not profess to a religion or feel that any of that demands worship and devotion.

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:1

Hindu, guys. It's Hindu.

>doesn't understand how to install new testament dlc
The New Testament is Evil Dead 2 user. Evil Dead 1 is still canon except for instances in which it clearly isn't.

lol?

It's hard to tell what's a joke and what's not these days, lol

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Its actually Supermans duty to stop some of his fellow Superheros

Except isn't the Presence Jack Kirby, while Yaweh is a Scottish Terrier?

>Methodist, Baptist or Lutheran.
I wish they had gone american protestant "revival preacher" instead of catholic guilt "butchered christ" in MoS and BvS. There's enough water between the two films for it, but it's "psychic amniotic fluid and sex juices" and not Pentecostal fire.

>Patch 1.2 - THE NEW TESTAMENT
> - Stoning for witchcraft now only possible if player has never sinned
John 8:7 “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.”

>plebs don't understand the difference between divinely ordained covenants and ritual or temple law

>I wish they had gone american protestant "revival preacher" instead of catholic guilt "butchered christ" in MoS and BvS. There's enough water between the two films for it, but it's "psychic amniotic fluid and sex juices" and not Pentecostal fire.

Calvinist branches like where Baptists come from are actually harder on the total depravity of human nature than Catholics are. I mean for fucks' sake, Catholics are one of the only denominations that have a ritual purification and absolution sacrament still, Luther threw it out as part of his offense at institutional excesses of the Church hierarchy and Calvin and other Protestant leaders didn't much see the point of doing it repeatedly.

If I had to nail doen MoS' tone, it was more Kierkegaardian or post-war Christian Realism than anything else. The world sucks but people should keep striving for ideals regardless

how the fuck could they circumcise him?

Not eactly, the presence is Lucifer's and Michael's father, wielder of the dunamis demiurgos and clearly the biblical god. The scottish terrier was one of his manifestations in the n52.

Can't wait for summer to end.

>m-muh new testament!

Fucking imbecile. Just like the "DLC makes the game better" crowd, you shit eaters continue to be the lowest common denominator of the human species.

yeah, do basically Superman can do whatever he wants, decide later what verse to use.

Or you actually saying that Christians never try to stop "sinners" lol

same bullshit arguments over and over and over......

>> Doesn't know how patches work
>>thinks that a glitch patched out, means it's still there but with new DLC or something retarded like that

I like the idea of Superman being a Christian.

Not all capes are the same. There's Christians and Atheists, Patriots and those who mistrust the government etc.

But the Justice League Brought them all together.

However...Does superman worship Jesus? Read the bible? Is he trying to stop witches and gays because they're sinning?

I don't think we've seen him tell people to go to church since the 50s. lol

underrated