*falls down stairs and dies*

*falls down stairs and dies*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can we make georgeposting a thing?

kek
cillian murphy looking at the dead body and realising he killed him at the end. and just walks away what the fuck

I'LL

His whole character was so unnecessary
I dont understand why they couldnt have the arc of wanting to be a hero fulfilled by Mark Rylance's son. But nope guess Nolan thought it would be great to have this guy take up screen time and die before he does literally even one imporant thing

he's dead mate

He didn't see the body you plonker he looked away just in time

Yes

>i'll be useful sir
yeah useful for memes

Based George poster

*Hits his head on metal pipe and dies*
Are you so retarded that you can't see a simple object?

He did see the body, he very clearly turns around and sees the body and also sees the blonde kid and then turns back around and keeps walking
the blonde kid obviously realises he knows that he was lied to about the kid being alright

That's what makes him beautiful, girl.

FUCKING STAIRS

He literally did nothing wrong

I really felt bad for him and I don't know why. I almost cried when he said he couldn't see. Good movie, though. I saw a lot of threads on Sup Forums saying it was boring, slow and had no dialogue. I don't know what the fuck they watched.

Cillian was an alpha walking away from his warcrime

cillian is silly

>Suffering from PTSD after nearly drowning in the ocean
>Locks him inside a some closet whilst drifting in the ocean.

GENIUS

How could he see?

his name is pronounce "killian". just fyi, the play on words doesn't work.

Why was he so scared?

Holy shit, is it possible to be this much of a pleb?

He came on the journey with an earnest desire to help and not have those immediately close to him consider him a failure. He did not have to go. The mere fact that he went, and lost his life in the process, is his act of heroism.

In your monkey dialect, maybe

I think it's retarded too, take it up with the Irish.

Na - ill just keep pronouncing it phonetically like the rest of the non potatoes

also its celtic in origins so why would I take it up with the Irish?

*blocks your life*

I was just going by what I've read pronounce it however you please

leave George alone

my point is that arc easily could have been fulfilled by Mark Rylances son.
The fact that it exists in a seperate character who dies is redundant and pretty much a complete waste of time

Would require the father to lose 2 sons in the war. Bad writing, stick to community college screenwriting with your "arcs"

This is a nice bit of fanfiction you wrote, but all he said is "can I some too?" and dies

Did he?
Was giving you a boner part of the plan?

>i need everything conveyed to me through dialogue

It's called good filmmaking

"can I come?"
"George is a bit thick, not doing good at school haha"
*trips up and dies*

This is what happened to George. This is is his story.

The only character traits that were conveyed visually was that he is a bit shy, and has fabulous dress sense.

>Trapped on a beach constantly being bombed for a week
>Finally gets off
>Ship your on gets torpeadoed
>Lone survivor stuck on it for hours, maybe even days
>Gets saved
>Told you're going back to the hell you escaped from

>Why was he so scared?

You're the reason movies have exposition

Yep and I'm glad people like me exist

He's also the reason why good, relatable characters that you can feel sympathy for are written and not whatever trash George's whole character was

>I like being the reason movies lower the bar

jeez, projecting much?

did you even watch the movie faggot? He clearly mentions not wanting to disappoint his father and about being in the paper
fuck off you are disregarded

He also confesses that he's failing in school so he came on the boat to do something his family could be proud of.

He literally states that in the movie.

>tfw Nolan tricked everyone into watching an art film disguised as a mainstream blockbuster

The absolute madman.

He fucking died from stairs lol
FUCKING SEA STAIRS LOL

Yep, and he tripped on some steps and died. Man, that would have made his parents proud had they found out. Good thing he got precedence in the paper over men who actually died for something worthwhile.

>I'm failing at school so I should go into a life and death war situation.

Maybe it's best he killed himself, don't want any Georges in the gene pool

>over men who actually died for something worthwhile

It was just a small town's local paper, they wouldn't have done anything important with it anyway

>not realising this is Nolan's whole endgame

He's an attractive man

>"The boy done kirked his head..."

Jesus christ Nolan

that happens though

you can just trip walking down the street, land the wrong way, and your life will be altered or ended. It doesnt happen often but it does happen.

If you can't relate to a young man trying to make something of himself or have sympathy for his senseless death then that's you're lacking something.

>heading towards the beach
>"this isn't going to be Funkirk lads...
What the fuck is Nolan's problem?

For you.

No, I can't relate to a fuckup who never made anything of himself, sorry. Maybe if I was some leftist who loves degrading himself and making himself look all humble constantly I would.

>sympathy for his senseless death
I'm not going to shed tears for a character I barely knew that seemed to be a complete failure anyways. I didn't shed tears for the hundreds of other guys in the film that bit it, and they probably did something important. Once again, sorry I'm not an aspie who thinks he has some connection to a fictional character based on a vague and unoriginal backstory

>pleb filter catches another one

>a young man trying to make something of himself
only thing he made out of himeslf is a fool and a meme apparently

Wouldn't all that hair cushion some of the impact?

>wtf was the writer trying to do with this character
>this
>but hypothetically he could have done it completely differently, CONFIRMED HACK

Whoa Shadilay my dude

Also general empathy filter by the looks of this thread

Seems like the majority of Burgers right now are sociopathic subhumans

Wow, one could almost imagine this was an intentional part of the movie meant to raise the question of whether what he did was heroic or not
Wouldn't it be wild if there was an unanswered question in a movie that allowed you to think about it?

Biggest reason this movie sucks is that they could have easily tried to swim or float across with wooden planks and such. They had life jackets so what were they so afraid of?? They were constantly complaining about how close home was and how they could see it but they could have easily tried to float and swim there.

Pretty sure hypothermia would set in after only a half-hour in the water

>angrily slams out a diatribe about how a character is completely unrelatable if they aren't a strong man with a unique troubled backstory and a cookie-cutter arc
>somehow brings up how this is the fault of leftist cucks in a movie about world war 2
>I'm not an aspie

If only they had tactical geniuses like you back in the war user, damn. Really made me think

I also heard it pronounced Killian. I remeber watching a DVD commentary and the director referred to Cillian Murphy as Killian so... there yo go

Wow. Just wow

If it was an option, they would have done it you spaz.

>i'm done, Kirk.
what did he mean by this>

fuck

I didn't realize I was speaking with a scholar of the blade. My b dude.

It was an option but they didn't do it. Also hitler conveniently lets them get away making the film have a happy ending.

>"If we don't get the kirk out of here, we'll be Dun."
BRAVO NOLAN

>"Is that boy shitting on the beach over there? Fuck this, I'm done, Kirk get me off this beach. I'm going...

>...home"

K I N O

>"Kirk, my fuel tank is Dun for. It's been an honor serving with you."

>"I tell ya lads, when Im back home Im gonna grab me some Dunkirk Doughnuts"
I enjoyed the movie, but the product placements did me in

>"OI MATE YER GUNKIRK IS RIGHT IN ME FACE"
What's with the dialogue in this movie?

The wreckage that Cillian Murphy's character was rescued from - was it ever shown how he ended up there?

No, that was my only question after the movie.

Wait, isn't the soldier 3 rows behind the guy looking up in the front (the only one in the crowd without a helmet) Cillian Murphy's character? (the PTSD soldier)

Normie filter

All confirmed for brainlets who can't understand the point of George's character arc.
RIP George

fuckin hell he's handsome

Natalie Mars...?

Nah. They just need all films to be Pearl Harbour tier bullshit with romantic love interests and back stories for each character

This. 99% of everyone who didn't like Dunkirk are those mad that it's not like Saving Private Ryan

Probably will kill himself

>art film

wew lad

you fucking idiot the point is that he wouldnt die.
Having another character come in and waste screen time with this bullshit hero arc and then fucking die instantly is retarded when it could have worked just as well with the boy who was already there and didnt die.

youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I

>falls down stairs
> it was extremely painful

nolan deserves best picture

him getting in the newspaper was beautiful

Anyone know if george was running away from the authorities as he leaped from port?

obviously fucking not because those same authorities spoke to him with no issue like 5 god damn seconds before he got on the boat

Why do they all look exactly the same?

I think the point was to show that, no matter how much you want it, your death sometimes just isn-t glorious.