/extraflags/ + /flag/ | RIP cool french regionals edition

Welcome to /extraflags/, a lovely spin-off of /flag/ except its a general for users with extra flags to discuss flags, extra flags, and autistic activities while funposting. dont have extra flags? get extra flags :^)

Extra Flags: github.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-Sup Forums

>How to install:
Chrome: raw.githubusercontent.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-int-/master/misc/chrome-install.webm
Firefox: raw.githubusercontent.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-int-/master/misc/firefox-install.webm
Opera: raw.githubusercontent.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-int-/master/misc/opera-install.webm
Android Firefox: raw.githubusercontent.com/flaghunters/Extra-Flags-for-int-/master/misc/android-firefox-install.webm

>Collecting Flags?
World template: i.imgur.com/DcBPwzx.png
Regional templates: oplk.imgur.com
About Sup Forums's flags: i.imgur.com/w9VDsop.png

Other urls found in this thread:

gis.stackexchange.com/questions/3718/controlling-image-output-settings-in-qgis
discord.gg/vKJTY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

herro

>new regions flags

F

run for president next time and fix it

ok

f

did moco leave a deaddrop at the museum?

Did a small road trip to go see the SF Giants fanfest yesterday. Lets get started.

First, Rohnert Park, CA

Cotati, CA

Petaluma, CA

Since we haven't revamped Marin's regionals yet, here's the Marin County flag

finally, SF

woah page 10

GRUG SAY BUMP

bump 2

blumping

saves thread

why has /flag/ been so dead lately?

watching curling

>watching the olympics

yeesh. Rigged and gay. Baseball's almost here

i wasnt around, thats why

Did not even realise Smithsonian had a flag.

Been working on my spreadsheet for Cali regionals.. god LA County has a lot of cities

bump
ffs why isn't extra flags catching on?
i crave more

because it only reaches some people (those who like collecting flags) and some people think it's a way to datamine.

also it seems like it only reaches some groups here on Sup Forums. For example, almost everyone on /dixie/ has extraflags, but almost no one on other generals do. It's weird.

lots are in /cum/

POST Em

>banning flags

gotta love the left. Lets just ignore the flags of the USSR and PRC, because they NEVER killed millions of innocent people rightttttt?

we just need to keep posting generals and bringing people over. Many people will become interested eventually, and soon extra flags will be all over!

took me some time to get into extraflags myself, its all about time

that's why i want to do more /bantflags/ threads, i might post one tomorrow. Idgaf if it is futile, it's worth a shot

I'm slowly fleshing out each pokemon from the beginning and I'm hoping to have a playable demo of some sort by the end of the month or mid March at the latest, but we'll see how that goes. I've mapped the starter town and I've got a pretty good map for route one, though it's not finished all the way.

The map plan for said demo is to have
>Pallet Town - "Leafland" (Canadian forest town)
>Route One - Needs name (Connects Pallet Town to Viridian City)
>Viridian City - "Lakeside" (based on Great Lakes area)
>Route two - needs name (connects Viridian City to the Forest Entrance and the Forest Exit point to Pewter City)
>Viridian Forest - "Lakeside National Park" (generic forest with some caves intertwined)
>Pewter City - Needs a name (typical American big City, first gym leader is going to be here)

The first gym leader is likely to be Teddy Roosevelt, unless our sprite artist makes another sprite from the North American leader list I sent him.

I never thought I'd say this, but if you have any >>>IDEAS for what we should name thsee routes that need naming, please let me know what you think.

Leafland to Lakeside suggestion: Highway 1 or TransCanada Highway

the norgebro that was staying with us is leaving tomorrow :'(
the fucker is driving from oregon all the way down to guatemala, thats a lot of flags that we'll never get

Ask him about the route he took and we can just quietly post them ourselves :^)

that wouldnt be right, id ask him to post them himself, but i dont think hes rlly into computers

Just a shame :'(

bump for hopes that norgebro might at least give me his trip route so i can post the flags for him

updating my spanish maps

updated*

gnite

goodnight pal

woah page 9

good morning

???Did you know???
Valerie is cute

send bobs

Tfw no bob

morning flag

henlo :^)

never forget the battle

we can consider getting Sup Forums to try extraflags again to represent their states

morning bump

that a good idea
does anyone here go to Sup Forums? we need an expert

is there a tutorial on how to make maps or does anyone know?
i need a spanish municipalities map

I could explain it to you better if you were in the discord, but this is how I do it:

make a regional map:
download gis boundary data, import as vector layer into qgis
set proper projection mode: usually NAD83 or Canada_lambert_conformal_conic for north america
merge and delete appropriate sections: try using Vector->Geoprocessing Tools->Dissolve to automate merging (messes up attributes, but these are not needed)
Vector->Geometry Tools->Multipart to Singlepart to break up features into their constituent polygons
right click layer>properties>Style>Simple fill>set border colour to white (default thickness)
click "Zoom to Layer"
optional:
set unincorporated areas to a new layer by selecting and Edit->paste features as->New vector layer
set vector layer colour to #424242 and border to white
Project>print composer>Add new map, "Item-properites->Set to map canvas extent", and export to PNG in high resolution (maybe 600dpi): gis.stackexchange.com/questions/3718/controlling-image-output-settings-in-qgis
with photoshop:
trim to map then set canvas to 110% on both sides
draw pixel lines with shift
Image>Adjustments>Threshold, set it right on the threshold before it is empty
Image>Adjustments>Replace Color, set first Color to "Black", set fuzziness to 0, select Radio button "Image", set #c3c3c3 as replacement colour
or with gimp:
open in Gimp, crop nicely and draw pixel lines with shift where needed.
Colors>desaturate
Colors>levels, set input black point to 254 and input white point to 255
make pixel bridges or erase problem points, comparing to qgis
Colors>Map>Color Exchange>set black to #c3c3c3 grey colors

bump

yes, antarctica user is a friend of ours, here in /flag/

NO

Dont do it, that's market crash material.

That's DS right?

xyz4

bump

Honest Abe sprite just came in from the lad making trainer sprites

noice

we can still talk on discord, give me your id

sent :^)

I wish

there uh.. might be a bit too many municipalities for spain to make a full map...

This is my wet dream.

Thread seems slow.
I found some alternative Hungarian flags. Which ones are best?
1/6

2/6

3/6

4/6

5/6

6/6

>more people in our fucking circlejerkoff

The nazi flag is banned in Germany, senpai.

Hungary's flag is fine as is, but of the ones you posted 4 is definitely the best while 3 and 6 are just terrible designs

>A country literally banned a colorful piece of fabric
Doesn't get much more meme than this

i posted in that 3 yo thread in /po/ again

jesus christ how horrifying

maps are hard

ill add the flags later
gnite

woah page 8

:^)

bump

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear...

bump