Where did he come from?

Where did he come from?

I don't remember seeing an India on the Avater map.

Where did he shit?
There's no streets, and that banana and onion juice probably played hell on his stomach

Probably somewhere in the Fire Nation.

Somewhere sunny

I don't know. But i do know that it's own fault that Aang had to give up Katara in the first place. That's what caused Aang to get his air-butt kicked by Azula.

There's only vague analogues of China and Japan, didn't stop avatarland from being overrun with Asians. Maybe Aang just never went to the opulent land of the chakra benders where they'd all be perpetually disgusted except for Toph who'd fucking love it until she was blinded by all the shit in the street.

Earth Nation is basically China. And China has 56 different minorities. One of them is a Chinese-Indian minority. I think it's the Bai. Or maybe the Hui. Pretty sure it's one of the ones in the Yunnan province.

I get it!

There was a black kid too.

???

I thought Earth Nation was Korea, what with the Hanboks and all

There's not a 1:1 correlation between any of the 4 nations and the cultures of Asia. The Earth kingdom is the largest so it has the largest amount of diversity for different cultural aesthetics.

is he a shitbender? don't dare to try and fight him on the designated shitting street.

but seriously India poo in loo

one of the fake aangs trying to get through the pass

How did he get so old though, dude is like 150 or something

Pretty much this. Earth Kingdom has typical ancient china, Kiyoshi Island is basically Japan and their dry arid areas have sand niggers.

Though between the Fire Nation, and the Earth Kingdom, I'd still say they're mostly Chinese based. But they have bits of the other cultures peppered in. Fucking Jeong Jeong is Koren, and the Sun Warriors are basically Aztecs.

My indian friend was convinced the fire nation was inspired by India, not Japan and took more from indian culture and language, so probably from there.

you are stupid

Why?

That crazy old man was right!

Probably the same place Wu came from so somewhere in the Earth Kingdom. It's pretty huge so there are probably a lot of different ethnicities living there.

plase stop

>Kyoshi Island is basically Japan

What? Other than the facepaint it's pretty obvious that the Fire Nation is supposed to be Japan.

Coincidentally he didn't show up until after Aang had annoyed the monkey guy in the spirit world at the end of season 1, and had the same personality and loved bananas and onions.

Fire nation is thai, Kmer, vietnamese, korean and japan all sort of rolled into a ball of crazy.

Didn't the kyoshi warriors use katanas in Appas lost days?

>Fire Nation is supposed to be Japan
Why do people think that anything Asian outside of China is Japan?

Their clothes are Chinese and Burmese, their architecture is Chinese and Thai, they use Chinese characters, the landscape is based on Iceland, their ancestors are Aztecs for some reason, etc. The only thing even remotely Japanese thing about them is the industry and empire-building, though neither of those are unique to Japan. You might as well say they're British based on that.

I'm glad the Chinese recognize shitskins for what they are

>"Try Li. There's a hundred Li's"
>"That's *Admiral* Zhao"

Yeah, that's uh. Real Japanese there bub.

So you think..

...that my son...

...is this blue spirit?

Philadelphia maybe?

To be fair, Agni is an Indian god.

In fairness, there are also Fire Nation names like Hiroshi Sato and Kori Morishita

I think it's fair to say that their role in the Avatar world is somewhat based on Japan during WWII, particularly given that the empire building is given under a "sphere of co-prosperity" pretense.
I agree that people who think the Fire Nation is a 1:1 equivalent of Japan are looking at things too simplistically and don't appreciate the subtleties of the setting, but their are Japanese cues there.

Names, dress, geisha-like design, island seperated from mainland history all mark Kyoshi Island as culturally Japanese. It's certainly more culturally Japanese than the Fire Nation, though they have more Japanese history influencing their function in the show.

Agni Kais were based on Indian honor duels.

And thanks to that, we know have a million fanfic writers who ise the phrase "Oh my Agni".