I think it's time for a Disney parks thread

I think it's time for a Disney parks thread.

What does Sup Forums think of Frozen Ever After?
Are you looking forward to Avatarland? Star Wars Land?
Are you gonna miss the Main Street Electrical Parade?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/TonyGoldmark
myvmk.com/
vimeo.com/martinsvids
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is that real?

those are some creepy animatronics

>Avatar
Do people still care about Avatar?

>What does Sup Forums think of Frozen Ever After?
Haven't gotten to Epcot since that opened.

>Are you looking forward to Avatarland? Star Wars Land?
I still think they should've gone with Beastly Kingdom over Avatar, but Star Wars is looking pretty good so far.

>Are you gonna miss the Main Street Electrical Parade?
Don't usually watch the parades.

Pic sorta related, it's just something I had lying around.

>I still think they should've gone with Beastly Kingdom over Avatar, but Star Wars is looking pretty good so far.
I give Avatarland a decade of tepid existence before a hasty rebranding. We might get Beastly Kingdom then, but Star Wars or something is more likely.

Nope. Avatar hype died a long time ago and the sequels keep getting delayed so there isn't anything to maintain public interest in it.

>see Universal has a really successful Harry Potter subsection
>wow, we need in on that
>we need to make our own park section based on a hugely popular multimedia franchise
>nothing we own is really as big as Harry Potter right now
>I got it, Avatar was huge right?
>Hey James Cameron, we have an idea
>make a deal, sign all documents, secure funding
>Hell yes we're going to have an Avatarland, it's gonna be fucking huge
>James, you ARE working on sequels right? Great, that'll keep it in the public eye!
>years pass
>So, James, you uh gonna start on those sequels anytime soon? Delayed again? Okay, that's cool...
>too late to back out of deal
>stuck with expensive Avatarland project nobody's going to care about
>get a phone call
>"Hi this is George Lucas, I want to sell you something, gee I hope you didn't already spend money on that Avatar thing"
>FFFFFFFFFFFFF

Supposedly Cameron now wants four Avatar sequels to be shot at the same time and the first one to be released in 2018, but he needs to haul ass if he wants to make that release date.

How in the fuck are we getting an Avatarland. I get Star Wars Land, but fucking Avatarland?

The deal was made back when people still cared about Avatar and years before Disney bought Star Wars. Avatar was also expected to have sequels released around this timeframe (Avatar 2's original release date was like 2-3 years ago) and that would help keep the hype going for the franchise.

But it's not 2016, we're a year away from the opening of Avatarland, Avatar's basically been forgotten by the public, James Cameron keeps insisting the sequels are coming even though he shows no sign of even starting work on them, and Disney is stuck with a theme land nobody cares about.

I've wanted to go to Disneyland for about 20 years. (I'm Australian) And I'm finally going at the end of this year. What's the first thing I should do?
I'm there for 4 days, is that enough?

Visit the fuck room

Get there at park opening and do all of the big rides before it gets crowded.

bump

The faces are blank like mannequins. Facial expressions are projected from them back of the head. The singing busts in the Haunted Mansion use the same effect.

That's the best advice.

Bring a refillable bottle and just ask restaurant folk to fill it with water for you. Free, and drinking fountain water there isn't the best. Get a Fast Pass for either a big ride if it's busy, or a kickass ride you want to do again.

Along with everything the other anons said, don't forget to slow down every now and then. It's still a vacation, after all.

Frozen Ever After was just like the ride it replaced: boring & not worth going on.

Pandora may be cool, but I prefer to see areas not dependent on a single franchise.

I miss Spectromagic & will miss MSEP, but the light parades really need an update.

Well, they have that new Cirque du Soleil show based on Avatar. Cameron just takes forever to make films.

Battle Angel got moved to another director so he could focus on Avatar.

I watched Toruk. It was awesome, though it was a cover-up for Cirque to use motifs & themes from indigenous peoples.

That is so neat, I wonder how expensive these things are.

>Avatarland

Jesus, why? Does anyone give a crap about Avatar? I'd rather see Zootopia built at Animal Kingdom, and that's a flash in the pan.

Learn how the fastpass system works so you can skip lines

Is Floridafag still in these threads? He was pretty cool

Making a decision while 'Miracles from Molecules' is stuck in my head.

Planning a DL trip within the coming weeks. I just have to decide if I want to go before or after the fifth. On one hand, I've yet to see the current fireworks show. At the same time, Halloween and a chance to see Fantasy in the Sky again...

Haven't seen this happen in a while

Has anyone seen the Frozen show that replaced Aladdin at the Hyperion?

It feels like a definite test run for Broadway.

Frozen Ever After's a Meet and Greet masquerading as a ride centered entirely around seeing Elsa sing her Number One Jam and then awkwardly fumbling around for a few extra minutes after blowing their load and just having you awkwardly drift by the sisters singing "In Summer".

And the slate of rumors for Epcot are sounding pretty terrible too. Guardians of the Galaxy moving into Universe of Energy and Inside Out taking over Imagination and exiling Figment and Dreamfinder to Tomorrowland and reducing them to meet and greets because while people love those comics, Chapek isn't willing to fund a non-movie tie-in for a pavilion update.

>Chapek isn't willing to fund a non-movie tie-in for a pavilion update.
They were supposed to do that to Imagination and bring Dreamfinder back. Frozen stole the budget.

>holding hands

Elsanna CONFIRMED

I think it's ironic, or maybe just hilarious, that the Frozen show has 100% more diversity than the Aladdin show which is the show you'd expect a bunch of non-white actors to be in. Oh well.

They put so much care into making Zootopia it's a perfect opportunity to make park based on it.

alhough the movie is too "fresh", it needs to be constantly reminder it exist. People need to get used to seeing it everywhere.

Just like with Frozen

*reminded

What's happening to the Electrical Parade? Are they getting rid of it? That's the best parade in the park!

They already have one. It's called the Animal Kingdom.

It's going away October 9th and will then have a brief stint at Disneyland

She looks like that chick from college humor.

neat

>That's the best parade in the park!
>Not Boo to You
>Not Festival of Fantasy

>Battle Angel got moved to another director so he could focus on Avatar.

Thank the Gods.

>Disney is stuck with a theme land nobody cares about
my guess is that unless Avatar 2 comes out soon and is very successful, Disney will only keep the Avatar theme for a couple years(decade at the absolute most) and then overhaul the whole thing with a new theme

Does anyone know why Disneyland Tokyo is no longer doing shows, they're all parades now (that stop and have a show part in the middle)

Get a Dole whip at The Tiki Juice Bar and a Turkey leg from the turkey leg cart

Don't bother with the Dole Whip Float. It's pineapple overkill. The regular Dole Whip is the best thing in the park.

It's a real toss up for me.
I really like that bit of pineapple juice at the end when you're done with the "ice cream".
But it can be a bit much, especially if you've been eating throughout the day.

Fucking Lesbians.

The one I went to had a black adult Kristoff and a white young Kristoff.

Frozen was installed/stole Dreamfinder's budget when Staggs was still in charge.

I keep saying this, but Avatar 2 is like Bojack Horseman's book in Season 1 of the show.

If Avatar 2 does come out in the next few years it'll have the MCU, a possible Jurassic World sequel or a Star Wars movie to contend with.

It is not looking good for Avatarland.

God Avatar 2 is going to get smashed by Guardians, Jurassic World Sequel and of course Star Wars Episode VIII which everyone is saying is much different from any Star Wars film we saw.

W-what fuck room

>he doesn't know about the fuck room

Why else would you even go to Disney?

I never went to a Disney Park
Tell me what is the fuck room and how do you get there

Well, first off, what was your rating on your penis inspection day card? You'll need that to get in and it will determine your access.

My country doesent have any "penis inspection day cards", but my penis was always ok
I don't think I want to learn about the fuck room anymore

Is Tony Goldmark the best Theme Park Reviewer?
youtube.com/user/TonyGoldmark

myvmk.com/
>Virtual Magic Kingdom is back

Don't know who that is, but Martin Smith is best overall Theme Park Videographer

vimeo.com/martinsvids

well shit, we're double fucked

The Princesses will autograph your book in really neat cursive signatures if you ask. Just ffs don't be a creep about it.

Only semi-related, I know, but when are we getting that Nintendo park?

If they don't have an F-Zero themed roller coaster or a Metroid shooting gallery, I'll be pissed.

Additionally, Great Movie Ride is being replaced by a "History of Mickey Mouse" ride in a few years and Florida's Tower of Terror isn't quite out of the woods just yet as far as getting rethemed to something else goes.

Universal Japan's getting it first in like a couple of years, based primarily on Mario.
Universal Florida will be getting Mario and Expand Dong rides first (I think specifically a Mario Kart Dark Ride and a Mine Cart Coaster) and then their plans for a third park will include Zelda and Pokemon.

>Metroid shooting gallery

Would a show akin to Alien Encounter be an acceptable substitute?

I would think that a show would either focus on Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, or Earthbound (with audience participation). Though I wouldn't be against seeing a Samus Aran stunt show.

Fuck I want Pokemon land and professional Zero Suit Samus cosplayers.

>Great Movie Ride is being replaced by a "History of Mickey Mouse" ride

depending on execution i'm kind of ok with this...

It's a far more respectable plan then some of the other stuff that's been rumored as GMR replacements over the years, but I'd much rather have it in the old animation building and then you could just move the Star Wars meet and greets over to the ex-Sounds Dangerous theater for a while before Star Wars Land opens.

>Great Movie Ride is being replaced by a "History of Mickey Mouse" ride in a few years
Okay my bullshit alarm just went off.

I'm going to be alone in Magic Kingdom Walt Disney World for a day before meeting some friends, and I'm worried about being awkward meeting the princesses. My friends aren't interested in character meets so I figured I'd do it on my day alone since I have wanted to try it. But I have some really awful anxiety in a lot of social situations, especially meeting new people. I'm going to bring a notebook for them to sign and probably get a picture and I get that they are generally pretty good about interacting with awkward guests.

Any other tips, though?

I kind of am worried I'll just awkwardly shuffle through and later regret not taking better advantage of the opportunity, or worse, sperg out and regret the whole thing. I was going to try to meet Cinderella and "one other visiting princess" at the princess fairytale hall attraction, if that makes a difference.

>that picture
>that text
you don't have ulterior motives, do you user?

meant for

Nah, just an awkward person. I'm a straight female. Picture pic related but aged up to around 30. And likes princesses.

Those faces are nightmare fuel.

Boy do I not wanna be in your dilemma right now, at least when I meet the Princesses my wife is the bigger fan and spergs out and makes the situation not awkward.

I guess just be gracious about it? They're in character and not supposed to say no to reasonable requests anyway, just make their day easier by thanking them and not being a creep.

They've met plenty of spergy middle aged women then. It's the guys that tend to make them more uncomfortable. I only met the princesses by myself once, and that's because it was EMH and I've never seen an Anna/Elsa line for only 10 minutes, so whatever.

But yeah just compliment them and tell them how much you admire them, and be nice to the photographers, who will take a photo with your phone if you ask them to.

Oh wait, you're a girl?

Ah screw it you have nothing to be worried about.

I don't really have requests, I just don't know how to do a brief round of banter with them to get the meet and greet experience. I can hardly have a casual conversation with friends sometimes.

Just ask them math problems.

I get that response a lot.

You're yanking my chain.

math is a universal language

Well you could ask Belle how Beast/Prince Whatsisname is, or Tiana how her restaurant is coming along. I once told Vader that the Emperor sends his regards and the plans are proceeding smoothly.

Actually has this happened on any other ride. Buzz Lightyear is the first ride I can think that uses projection on a animatronic.

Reminds me of that time one of the decorations at that Nemo show in Animal Kingdom blue-screened.

I very much enjoy Some Jerk With A Camera, and I also enjoy Martin Smith's videos for theme parks, what with the history and such.

My friend just got hired to be in one of the parades and she was telling me how brutal the audition process is. The routine they have for auditions is ridiculously more advanced than what you'll see in the actual parade.

That's probably a good thing considering how long they have to perform during the parades.

Is that the College Program?

It wasn't so much how long it was. It was more incredibly fast paced lyrical dancing with high kicks and turns every other second. That was the second round at least, first round was somewhat basic stuff. She's a pretty great dancer but she didn't think she was going to get chosen.

>a third park will include Zelda
call me when that happens
ill be in my early thirties no doubt but god i know ill still be a hopeless nerd by then so im gonna sperg the fuck out

Should I ask Aurora if she likes Tchaikovsky's ballet? Do you think she'll know who Tchaikovsky is?

having worked for both Cedar Fair and the Mouse, Disney is less horrible. not by a lot, but a bit. they enforce the rules more evenhandedly, at least, so you know what to expect going in.

though Great America has a Mass Effect ride which is still weird to me

They're yanking your chain user, there's no such thing as Penis Inspection Day. Even in America