What am I in for?

What am I in for?

Cruisekino

movie that starts great but shits itself at the end

The fucking Audi commercial halfway through made me want to leave the theater but otherwise it's a very well-made dystopian future flick.

Honestly I'm not a Spielberg fan, i think he's a very competent director but even when i was a kid i found a lot of his movies saccharine, not just the likes of ET but i even found Schindler's list kind of sappy, I like temple of doom because when i saw it at age 7 it scared the living fuck out of my ripping humans hearts out while they were alive. All my friends when I was young loved the fuck of Jurassic Park but honestly it did nothing for me. and don't get me started on how sappy A.I was

So if you disagree with that then ignore my opinion as I know not many people feel the same as me but I'm not even memeing and may be the only person in the world who feels this way but MR is my favourite Spielberg film by quite a bit. I give it a solid 8.2/10 you are in for a film that is well put together and acted with an interesting concept although some of the effects have aged far worse than JP that came out like a decade earlier, if you can look past that and a weak performance from Collin Farelle you are in for a solidly enjoyable flick that is up there with the likes of Edge of Tomorrow in terms of the near perfect way to go about creating a smart well made blockbuster

new pasta i see

have to agree here

Crushed eyeballs

no that is honestly my opinion i just ended up writing more than i intended but I can get why people may think that, I know im alone in my opinion but i figured I'd offer it if for once we got to discuss a film or a director instead of memeing

TL:DR I'm cool because I hate things popular and ironically claim this is the best Speilberg because I'm a newfag and assume i have to hate things to blend in here

fuck, okay, I'm sorry I tired to give my honest opinion jesus...

>comparing shitfest edge of tomorrow to minority report

pretentious plebs are the worst kind

I think Edge of Tomorrow isn't great I'm saying as far as making a good blockbuster summer film rather than The Mummy or Thor 2 or Transformers 5 End of Tomorrow did it really smartly, given the concept it could have gotten really bogged down in the second act but the editing, pacing and for the most part acting was pretty on point, of all bigger summer releases over the last few years i do think it is one of the better ones by quite a bit.

Also when they are the same genre, same lead same type of release i think it is fair to compare them, as I said i much prefer MR but i dont see why, when the OP wanted to know what he was in for using EoT as a reference point as most people have seen it is bad...

well I watched it and it turns out to have nothing to do about writing a paper on black people, thanks for nothing

The concept is one of the worst concepts to ever be put to film.

"He was going to do it anyways, that's why we found him guilty."

Fuck off. Thought crimes are not actually crimes, and they never will be. It destroys every understanding we have of justice if went ahead convicting people for thought crimes.

>we have to let him kill someone before we can arrest him

They can at least bust them for attempted murder seeing as how most of their busts are crimes of passion where they rush to stop them just in the nick of them with perp having their weapon out and shit. Either way, the point of the movie is that the foresight is flawed and system corrupt.

just watch the now canceled tv series and fap to meagan good.

This

My biggest issue with the movie is that it ends in such a generic action movie way.

Like really A slipped out "drowning"
is how it's all comes apart.

Not to mention how contrived a plot that villain actually had

Keep posting, Achbar. We can test that hypothesis.

False, whole movie is great. You probably watched it thinking it was a cheesy action film, and not a ballad of sci fi dilemma

why would you do that

kind of a mediocre film.

it could be a good film. it has a good idea, but kind of fucks itself over by being too generic action movie-ish.

it wasn't thought crime. it was people who were going to commit actually crimes like murder.

did you see teh film? t had these three people who could see the future and would put out arrest warrant for people who were going to commit a crime int eh future and have them arrested before they did their crime. it wasnt exactly thought crime.

plus tom cruise eventually turns against this. the protagonist of the movie is anti this. so how is it a terrible concept if it ultimately agrees with what you are saying?

the way he grabs the guy's arm and refuses to let him leave was such a power move.

Pretty good, definitely something worth watching

It has its flaws but still pretty good movie

>not liking /goodguy/ Audi

ey woah ey come on now edge of tomorrow is good

I thought the punishment usually came after the crime

the only really bad part was his wife breaking him out of prison

I got that one! haha xD

lol 85% of Sup Forums is contrarian..

oh okay goddamn fuck it, sorry I'll never try to fucking answer an OPs question honestly with my opinion, sorry, jesus this place has gone to shit i was just trying to contribute to an actual non meme discussion, I'll just go back to teh true film sub reddit that isn't full of retards where they have like 20 daily intelligent discussions on films while you meme around and mock them.

So OP i guess my opinion doesn't mean shit but I do recommend it, it is a good film, not great but solid

With Tom Cruise, you always are in for a pleasant moment

I rewatched this film again recently
The story pacing was like something out of a mediocre anime and I tend to imagine what a film would look like if it was an anime when I watch it.
Minority Report was a solid average 5/10 film.

I guess their punishment isn't equal with someone who does commit a murder right? At worst conspiracy for murder or something

Complete misunderstanding of how does punishment system work.

"Biblical justice system" the movie.

tomkino

Agreed

One of the finest sci-fi kino in the last two decades.

Start watching it, put doen the phone and pay attention and stop asking strangers what you're in for.

scientology

This

An underrated classic

>Audi

It was Lexus you dumb fuck.

I particularly feel for this movie because everytime he screams Sean I think he is talking to me

Minority Report sounds like something pol would make

In all fairness he handled it quit nicely. That guys was a jerk.

It's good. But when I rewatched it recently it's not as good as I remember it being. I know this means nothing to you on a first time watch.

Good plot ruined by Spielberg bullshit

holy fuck the martyrdom, are you a woman?

who was in the wrong here?

the waterguy definitely, deserved every bit of shit his autistic ass got

Lmao you can definitely tell your from lolrrdit

shut up fucking muppet