Why is barry never written as powerful as he should be if he can do that?

Why is barry never written as powerful as he should be if he can do that?

I recognize the writer just googled "really short period of time" and wanted to be badass....

But Barry being the source of the speed force, can become FAR harder hitting, certainly faster, and absolutely more invincible than superman. Able to control his individual molecules?

He should be THE heavy hitter in the league.

While we're at it - a mentally imbalanced green lantern would probably be the most powerful one.

Also - Why the fuck are people saying the Green lantern is slower than superman if he's doing intergalactic travel like it's a fucking run for groceries?

It's a comic book

Because this is fan-wank, thoughtless writing, to try to tentpole a moderate character.

At least Barry isn't the whitewashed Wally that DC decided they now need to forcefeed to actual comics readers. Still, stop reposting this nonsense.

>Why is barry never written as powerful as he should be if he can do that?
Maybe he can't and is just exaggerating.

Just because he can perceive things that happen in that time frame doesn't mean he can act in that time frame

because if he actually used the true power levels that he's hinted at having, he would become invincible and therefore uninteresting.

Nearly every problem would be solved by traveling that fast. Light speed is already too fast which means the Flash jobs like crazy. Being fen faster means that normal speed charcters like most of his rogue gallery shouldn't touch him.

samefag but also the flash is undoubtedly the most powerful character, or at least potentially powerful character in the DC universe. if his powers were ever written to their logical end, he would be god-like.

They used to actually draw their teleportation portals to explain that.

Nobody who writes the flash has even touched a physics textbook. Flash's arch nemesis should be fucking Friction and Isaac Newton.

Rather than making my own thread

Superman can see and hear every burglary, rape, domestic abuse, and murder. Is it ever addressed what he does about this because he obviously isn't Supermaning all the time. Like does he feel guilty not stopping it and living a semi normal life

>muh physics

Where did you find that rip

But can he travel faster than a parsec?

is Wally faster than Barry

The way boomer flies towards the screen looks so shit

remember this is showing in 3D, that garbage ruins so much stuff.

Yeah. He also has better feats than Barry.

objectively yes

which is it
what about Bart

Bart even as an adult can't be more than third and even John Fox or Savitar might be faster.

why

Every single "crazy Flash feat" belongs to Wally. He beat instant teleportation once.

Barry is only better at phasing through solid objects, which Wally can't without blowing up stuff.

Bart is fast enough, it's just his name isn't Wally West or Barry Allen.

a place

>At least Barry isn't the whitewashed Wally that DC decided they now need to forcefeed to actual comics readers.

It's even more noticeable in live action.

Barry routinely forgets his own abilities until they're convenient, and continues to run head long at people instead of running around behind them before they know he's there and hitting them in the back of the head.

How would he see anything when light doesn't move at the same speed that he perceives time?
If he perceives faster than light, that means he's in a constant state of portions of his vision going black because the light molecule hasn't arrived yet

user, any physics based questions about Flash always end in SPEED FORCE. You know this.

I've seen this pic recycled around on Sup Forums for years. It's garbage writing at its finest, why would you WANT him this powerful?

I like Bart in Young Justice comics but don't like Waid, should I try Impulse?

Barry seems pretty happy, despite standing over a corpse.

I was under the impression the speed force would overwhelm and consume the user if they pushed too hard. Thats what happened in COIE right?

Wally (and later Barry) overcomes it by ~power of love~

Dude a banana peel is his downfall
He isn't op
No one but him has been beaten by the skin of a fruit

It's yellow, right? So it could beat a Green Lantern.
They also had a thing about being weak to natural resources, once, right?

By a longshot.

>not even superman can figure out what's in a hotdog

kek

Ah yes the dreaded fear banana you are right sir
All fear does indeed stem from worry of slipping on a banana peel

why don't the guardians just put ion in qward/warworld/ranx's battery to make all the sinestro corpsmen weak to willpower?

>panel two

Why is Quasimodo pretending to be Superman?
What is the context?

>fucking bait thread
Flash is strong. Not stronger than Supes. He is a heavy hitter. He can potentially fuck up every other JL member save Supes who'd he have trouble with without kryptonite.

You're not faster than Usain Bolt because you have a car.

Honestly it's a shit analogy, they do intergalactic travel through wormholes or whatever. Shortcuts. Their reaction time is also limited so while they can presumably move in a straight line faster than Superman, their reflexes, despite being enhanced by the ring, isn't nearly as super as Superman's reflexes.

nah. flash can hit harder than superman. at full strength, barry or wally could take him down. supes has had trouble defending himself against professor zoom in the past.

You can't whitewash someone who was already white. What.

He can feel vibrations from a distance or some shit.

Also something about his eyes meeting the light and not the other way around.

Also something about their auras. It's the same way they can talk at super speed -- their sounds are projected and received faster than light.

There was no Speed Force when COIE happened. Barry just died.

It was later retconned to be the case after they established the "Speed Force can kill you if you fuck with it too hard" scenario.

Flash can literally beat Superman without even moving his body. He can just look at him and turn him into a statue.

Superman is generically powerful. Flash's powers fuck around with the fundamentals of the universe. Superman doesn't match up. It's the same reason he sucks vs magic: it is beyond his comparatively simple powers.

Flash is powerful but let's not go "in the universe" shit. He's not some universe altering reality warper the likes of Spectre or Jenny Quantum or whatever. Basically everything high tier from Vertigo obviously outclasses him.

Depends on the writer.

By what they done Wally is significantly, absurdly faster.

But narratively Barry is and always will be superior to Barry. When they brought him back in Rebirth 1.0 Wally was getting beat up by his own chump villains (like Lady Savitar and Thawne, who he schooled multiple times before) so that Barry could beat them because Barry was being established as superior.

Barry will probably never again do the absurd shit Wally did under Waid and Morrison's tenure, so by that metric Wally will always be "faster." But if you ever see them running side by side or involved in the same thing Barry will be Wally's superior because DC thinks of Barry as Wally's superior. Barry is THE Flash, Wally will always be "a" Flash with Barry around.

>flashpoint
>literally shattered the DC universe

uhhhhhhhh

I mean then you're saying any schmuck with Time Travel is the most powerful being in the universe. Pandora's the one who did the universe merging. And Manhattan's the one who "shattered" things. Barry can only affect his timeline through time travel the same way Superman can. Barry just screwed up.

>a mentally imbalanced green lantern
You mean the Hulk right?

Keep in mind that just because he CAN perform certain feats doesn't mean he can do them all the time.

Like a human being CAN run at what, 25mph? But 99% of the time, probably even more than that, they're not going to go even close to that, because it would require certain conditions.

my point was just the flash can definitely alter reality etc. i guess what I meant more was he could theoretically beat anyone rather than being like a universe builder or something, though with the full extent of his powers i don't know if that'd be out of the question, hypothetically. maybe spectre could but I'm not sure

Which is why the anti monitor captured him in COIE. He understood that the Flash was the only one that could solo him.

My head cannon is that Barry moves faster, but Wally is a better speed force user and if the two fought Wally would obliterate Barry.

>He beat instant teleportation once.
People always reference that but he didn't outrun instant teleportation. He followed a signal through the 4th dimension.

Speed force user. It's a comic character, you will break yourself trying to find real world explanations for an unrealistic character.

>but don't like Waid, should I try Impulse?
It's high school Impulse. It can be fun but a bit kiddy at times. Its things like him becoming super cool at school and girls liking him.

Good characterization and Mercury interactions though.

But invincible is interesting as fuck

>Thats what happened in COIE right?
That's a retcon. Speed force existed after COIE and the window to access Barry before then was the one month in the future he lived. This is how Barry could travel back and spend time with Wally on his worse days and also why Wally and Barry can team up vs Cobolt Blue.

>nah. flash can hit harder than superman
But he can't take hits like Superman.

He could vibrate to the Watchmen's earth, go back in time, kill Manhattan before he got his powers

>because if he actually used the true power levels that he's hinted at having, he would become invincible and therefore uninteresting.
That's not true. You can tell good stories when the character is essentially all powerful.

That assumes he knows the vibrational frequency and time and that Manhattan doesn't stop him.

>Why is barry never written as powerful as he should be if he can do that?
He was in Morrisons run.

Morrison addresses a bullshit powerset by proposing a bullshit challenge. Same trick he uses in All Star Superman. He makes Supes perform bullshit feats.

That was Wally btw.

Because he is not that powerful. Yes, he CAN do all of that stuff but he cannot do them consistently and Flash is not a fighter. Yes, he can get really scary when you think about but so does everyone else in League.

His power really just depends on the story the writer wants to tell. Morrison wanted to do some bullshit stuff, which is where a lot of the Flash's feats come from.

But can Barry beat Hit that can freeze time inside a time stop?

Wally outruns Zoom, a guy who literally manipulates time in his area.

That could be applied to any powerful character in comic. You have Superman struggling to keep a bridge up one day and him lifting the infinity next day.

But can he do it in a time stop while being in a time stop?

Yeah. His powers are physics breaking, if he needs to speedforce even though time is stopped he could do it.

none really does anything consistently. also i don't really get what you mean by 'not a fighter', are you saying he's not hand to hand proficient? i agree with that but the flash people tf out.

*knocks people

You don't get it do you? Hit can stop time inside a time stop. It's like you see Flash there suddenly moving in a time stop. You stop time for him inside the time stop. Literally no defense for that.

His power source is the speed force. It exists as another force external to time in the DC universe and has been shown to provide the user the ability to one up time so to speak (e.g. surpass light speed and time travel).

He has access to a universe breaking force external to time, he could beat a time stop if the writer wanted it.

You really don't understand. It's not just a time stop. It's a time stop inside a time stop. Unless he's God or someone that has defense against getting time stopped inside a time stop. Flash gonna lose bad.

Stop talking about things you dont understand, tardlips.
>an energy field (commonly called their "speed aura")that surrounds their body and protects them from friction injuries when they are moving at superspeed. This aura also imparts protection against kinetic damage from fast moving objects or things the Flash might run into at superspeed

>You really don't understand. It's not just a time stop. It's a time stop inside a time stop. Unless he's God or someone that has defense against getting time stopped inside a time stop. Flash gonna lose bad.
No you don't understand. The Flash is bullshit. He has phased into the 4th dimension and moved externally to time.

Time cannot and does not constrain the Flash, as a parameter it doesn't affect him. No amount of time stops or time stopceptions changes that.

He can and has moved to a dimension above time, he is powered by a force that trumps and is not dependent on time.

No he doesn't. Zoom outruns Wally every time. Wally needs other powerups or a plot device to stop Zoom.

Lookit this casual fag, thinking Morrison wrote Barry.

>No he doesn't. Zoom outruns Wally every time. Wally needs other powerups or a plot device to stop Zoom.
He speed steals and speaks the formula and can compete with zoom. It's how he is able to shove zooms head in a time hole

Literally corrected myself in the next post. Sit and spin.

One of Flash's new powers is that when someone tries to manipulate time around him he inherently sets it to a normal pace.

So no, you're wrong. It is literally one of Barry's abilities to counter time stops.

Source. Here he is in all his time bullshittery hitting Zoom.

Yes, taking other peoples' powers is what we call a temporary powerup. Zoom thrashed Wally. EASILY at that. The only person who manhandled Zoom solo was Bart in that awful run.

You aren't wrong but really you should blot that bullshit out of your mind.

That was Deus Ex garbage writing from the worst creative team to ever get their hands on the book.

It was actually an idea from the Manapul run, they just applied it to a time stopping villain.

I'm not saying it's good but, frankly, plenty of Flash's bullshit powers are from suspect writing.

This Barry specifically, mind you. Wally would get rekt by a time stopping dude like Zoom wrecks him as a time slowing dude.

Here is Bart outspeeding Zoom. No power borrowing.

>It was actually an idea from the Manapul run, they just applied it to a time stopping villain.
When did it pop up in Manapuls run? Was it the last few panels vs Daniel West? Because I remember hating that part lol.

This is what we call retarded writing and completely not understanding Zoom's powers like everything in that run. But it is what it is.

Barry > Bart > Wally > Jay when it comes to being The Flash, power wise.

Manapul and Booch were the one who established Flash as a being who moves time forward when they brought up him being basically a safety release valve for the Speed Force.

They said his actions and energy expenditure keep time flowing normally and smoothly. It actually does make a lot of sense in that way, even if that Thawne arc was stupid as fuck. I'm not gonna bang on Venditti for appropriately using prior established canon from a good run.

I will bash him for fucking up Thawne, though.

>This is what we call retarded writing and completely not understanding Zoom's powers like everything in that run. But it is what it is.
It's called another canon example of the Flash knocking Zoom on his ass. It's bullshit, but the whole fucking powerset is bullshit and drawing the line arbitrarily where you want doesn't make sense.

>Barry > Bart > Wally > Jay when it comes to being The Flash, power wise.
I agree speed wise, but Wally has shown he is way more adept at speed force manipulation than the others. So when it comes to being a Flash he is easily equal to Barry.