Homestuck

Post headcanons.

Mine: Sawtooth was actually engineered by Grandma Jade and left behind by Alpha-Dave to raise Dirk from a baby. Otherwise he never would have been able to find food or even dry land. Dirk learned about robotics by taking him apart and studying/upgrading him.

Your turn.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/FloppyAdult/status/765324049354334208
twitter.com/FloppyAdult/status/760188619587883008
youtube.com/watch?v=SxHnKT_2u64&feature=youtu.be
andrewhussie.blogspot.com/
floppyadult.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

my headcanon is that GO was the true ending and everything that happened after was a dream.

I could see the afterlife becoming so choked with the dead that there's just too many who don't realize they've died, and keep living out weird fever nightmares of their old lives or dreams of what could have been.

Imagine if dying meant you just dreamed and had nightmares for eternity.

Well, that's essentially possible with the habits of conscience. Nobody seemed to know when they were dreaming or dead until they were informed/prompted by another character. If you got multiple people all under the impression that they were living their normal lives and nobody disturbed them, there's theoretically no reason to think they wouldn't live out their fantasy life for millenia.

Unfortunately their fantasy life is just memories before they wake up. They would be stuck in endless eight for an eternity and never know it.

That's kind of fascinating and horrifying. I guess you can only start getting wild bubble changes if you become aware you died. Though Remember did sort of give the idea that all the dead we saw rose as fully aware and deeply miserable ghosts.

But that was so late in the comic and its death that it may as well count separate for this kind of idea.

Maybe all of those characters were just so used to dream bubbles by then that they didn't need any prepping.

I'M NOT DEAD YET

twitter.com/FloppyAdult/status/765324049354334208

This isn't the homestuck I wanted. I never asked for this.

That actually makes good sense.

>Fucking youtube content, after the disaster that was the Homestuck 2.0 announcment
>This piece of shit is involved

oh god no

no more, please lord no more

Is this man's twitter feed the sole provider of homestuck/hiveswap news now?

ngl i thought this was junkrat

what am I missing here

KILL. JOEY.

I have a head canon that Hussie was taking life lax and got overly enthusiastic working on Homestuck for 3 years, and his Father's death shook up into a mini life-crisis where he just couldn't pour himself into Homestuck anymore.

The ending we got was just his sendoff to get off the Wild Ride he created, he didn't willingly want to care or continue the Homestuck project anymore but knew he had to 'finish' it at some point so people would get off his back.

The language of greentext has issues with defining articles. "This piece of shit" is referring to the individual who made the tweet, and how he's awful.

I wonder if we'll get mini Homestuck clips and animation bits by paid guests like Paradox Space, but in the stylings of Brad Neely's hargnallin Scorpio peepio.

Is she having an orgasm to the thought of murdering Joey? Is she in spades with Joey?

Too bad Joey is DEAD

My theory is just that Andrew's an asshole, got bored with a pretentious webcomic that went on for too long and decided to just fuck it and quit.

No, I mean, how is he awful, what history am I missing here, gimme the tabloid goods

reportedly he believes that hunger games is a literary masterpiece that isn't being recognized as such because of sexism.

The reason the limebloods were removed from Alternia via extermination was because their blood color reminded Doc of Calliope.

Life lax? You mean like, drugs? I can very easily see Hussie as an adderall popper, he lived in the CENTRAL for those kinds of drugs in the college town area. And it would explain how a man with no job and free money could spend 3 waking solid nonstop years updating every single day.

For a quick example, read literally any of his tweets.

Then why would he decorate his house in that color? I see a flaw in your argument, sir.

Remember simpler times?

Wear the colors of your dead enemy to always see victory.

Gosh. To think that now makes me feel sort of a warm nostalgia and appreciation. They really were.

As awful as it was to read his dialogue, Doc Scratch was the villian Homestuck needed in its second half.

Ah yes, when that tame little thing was the greatest blemish on these threads. Then came x/11, the bucket video, and on and on it went.

I miss telling my friends about a comic called Homestuck.

Scratch is, well, a paradox for me. In that I still honestly do not like him or his character and gimmicks, but I honestly like them more now in retrospect because it at least had a lot more wit and creativity to it over the latter material. Caliborn was just a blunt fucking instrument to the head to read over and over. Scratch would have been way better and make more sense as Caliborn's exile-type, instead of Hussie's decision to go meta off a cliff.

Looks like he hates Wikileaks and loves No Man's Sky. I don't really understand what most of his tweets mean.

Also,
twitter.com/FloppyAdult/status/760188619587883008

I mean lax in the sense that he had his basic needs taken care of (Housing, food, everything easy) and was living the good life on casual mode. I mean I don't doubt it if he was taking drugs, but I mean he seems like the kind of guy to live pretty purposelessly, and had no qualms spending years of his life on Problem Sleuth, Homestuck and these pet projects, even if it meant he was basically a workaholic wasting his life as a shut-in on a lofty hobby.

Losing his father or seeing outside his sheltered home ("Daunting Life Challenges, a flurry of accidental weird adventures causing me to thrash wildly across the nation") probably shattered that whole paradigm I'd speculate.

There's only so long someone can keep their head engaged in something like this before they start to lose sight of themselves.

Is the update here yet?

Let me know when the update happens.

Oh my God you just made it all make sense now. I used to live there. For years. In MA, and in that area, and in the central. I knew so many guys like him. And knew all the drugs they were popping. But it makes sense, in that, he was life lax, he had every need cared for and could art away because he's a trust fund kid living in a prestigious college town.

Then his bubble shattered and he's becoming an adult at the age of 35 after losing love for his work and being dragged down by it.

>x/11
Do you mean 1/18?

truly a masterpiece only surpassed by the sbahj version

Reminder:
>youtube.com/watch?v=SxHnKT_2u64&feature=youtu.be
What we know now:
-He's like a Business Development dude for Homestuck.
-Homestuck 2.0 is really just a collective of stuff they're doing after the comic
-Digital, Videogames.. Stuff they cannot reveal
-Hussie is not trolling anybody and this is for real
-They asked for cool ideas from fans, like a show idea or suggestion
-And basically nothing of significance.
So, nothing.

>retweeting Zoe Quinn
Oh god, really?

How do these assholes always manage to get kickstarter money?

I prefer not remembering these things too clearly.

>Q:Are there any aspects of homestuck that were consciously modeled on real-life experiences you've had? i.e. Do you have a grandmother who would always bake you cookies, etc...

>My dad has always been exceptionally doting like John's, and even to this day he tries to give me food in quantities and scenarios which defy rational explanation. Similarities end there though. He's worn a tie maybe once, and has never thrown a pie at me.

>-andrewhussie.blogspot.com/

John Warren is a crippled gender queer developer who doesn't like Wikileaks because it's sexist or something, and he's a huge fan of Zoe Quinn

This game is fucking fucked man.

Oh God.

where were you in your life when you first starting reading/getting into homestuck?

Angry at Umineko for having such a shitty unsatisfactory asspull ending

>:(

Just graduated high school, starting community college.

dumb awkward freshman in highschool

Kinda makes this final scene seem a lot more significant in retrospect.

How did Umineko end. never got around to finishing that last episode. Shannon was Beato, right? Did she have a penis?

I was in 11th grade and I'd just started masturbating that summer, as well as graduating from my anime/forum phrase.
It was all downhill from there.

Still in my last year of Highschool, hot off the hype of the PS ending.

So Homestuck has been around for literally my entire adult life.

Maybe, but you're a goat for wanting answers LA L A LA WITHOUT LOVE IT CAN'T BE SEEN ULTIMATE SELF MY MOTIVES ARE C O M P L E X

So better or worse than homestuck?

Not when you remember that Hussie didn't create that scene.

He asked someone else to create it specifically for that scene.
How awkward must've that have been for him?

He lost his first and most loved parent, a close one, while always being with him until he was practically fathering age himself. Then he died, and his works were failed, and he's just this old clueless dude late to the next stage of growing up.

I can't relate. Lost mine at 21.

this, i started reading homestuck when it started in 2009 after PS had ended and i was in highschool and just this disheveled nerd kid and homestuck has followed me all the way until now

honestly i can't stop feeling empty about homestuck. i put on volume 4 with the bill bolin tracks still intact and volume 5 and i keep thinking about being in my late teens when act 4 came out and doctor plays for first time and there is this sense of wonder and mystery

and i think about my gf at the time when we both read the comic together and how times were simpler

this shit comic is making me cry right now not for what it was, but when it was. fucking christ.

im so glad this thread is here tonight.

2010. Jesus that was *six* fucking years ago. Descend is when I caught up. I was still at my genetics lab job and on a crash course to a time of utter misery.

I found out about it from Sup Forums the summer after my first year in high school. I'd just moved out of the boonies where I was massively depressed for the better part of a year, I made my first friends (one of which introduced me to Sup Forums), and I was going to the manga club at the library and having genuine fun with people who had great taste and didn't act like massive weeaboos. I actually recall that time as the happiest in memory. That silly double rainbow video with the trolls is firmly associated in my mind with the smell of a warm summer breeze, the taste of white chocolate, and a feeling of total contentment. Eridan killing Kanaya came on the day of a friend's birthday party where we went sledding. I listened to the Felt album when I first read my favorite book. Just a ton of fond associations.

Life started going a bit downhill not too long after I found Homestuck, for unrelated reasons. Act 6 had just hit after I moved to a new city across the country and suffered a severe culture shock/malaise and didn't make any friends as good as the ones from my old town. One of my first big social outings was a fan meetup where I dressed as Roxy because she was brand new and I already loved her, and one of the only friends I made here that I still talk to I met because I saw them drawing Equius and struck up a chat about it.

homestuck really is about when it was and im just
quietly tearing up as i read these

halcyon days long gone by

wake me up

wake me up inside

DEAD.

DEAD.

Hussie was 100% on addy during the golden age of Homestuck

We need to get this man back on stimulants

Dude no they are complete rapid burnout

That Hussie didn't crash harder is a miracle.

High school freshman

Homestuck influenced me a lot. My love of metafiction (even if HS wound up doing the metafiction thing really terribly) and things that toy with medium and genre and tone, my way of talking, and a lot of other shit I owe to Homestuck

floppyadult.com/

If his website doesn't instantly make you hate him, I don't know what will

No and it never will be

There's this stuff from India now, family member of mine back on the east coast working a super high stakes job uses it a lot, it's not speed but some sort of medical shit that provokes intense alertness and focus, without the energy boost or shakes or shit. Like, targeted stuff.

I forget the name, it's Vigil-something. I almost said Vigilo Confido. But the name sounds like vigil, I want to try it in experiment when we next meet and see what it's like for some writing.

Where is Karkat's character development...

Great color use and minimalism design, garbage fucking content. As expected.

Wait how do you get into this site?

That is the site.

what do you think guys
should i go work at lisa frank? the downside is id have to move to arizona
the upside is id find someway to get a sburb logo into something im sure

I'm such a sucker for the rainbow aesthetic.

>a (one) tweet after four months

Attractiveness-wise, I'd say Vriska is about 7.5. What about Aradia, Feferi, Kanaya, Nepeta and Terezi?

Youre talking about in a scale out of 10 right?

Well, duh.

I dunno about number wise but I would rank Vriska first, then Feferi second, Kanaya/Terezi interchangeably , Nepeta/Aradia and interchangeably.

could you imagine a whole line of troll merch lisa frank style?

Vriska 7/10
Feferi 8/10
Kanaya 8/10
Nepeta 7/10
Terezi 6/10
Aradia 8/10

*8urps*

ghosts that didn't know they're dead would still have pupils in their eyes. If the dream they're in is a satisfying one, why wake up?

It was just before Roxy and Dirk had their names revealed. I was probably depressed, listening to a lot of Tool, and not nearly as good at English.

Because they're in a recursive loop for all of eternity, instantly forgetting everything they ever do, with only brief interludes of realizing that they are trapped in the psychic projects of ancient astral monsters?

Vriska 8/8
Aradia 7/10
Feferi 6/10
Kanaya 5/10
Nepeta 3/10
Terezi 8/10

We still doing head cannons

Mine is that John was the only beta kid to go to public school but he was too autistic to make any friends irl so he had to make friends on the Internet. The rest of the kids have a good excuse to be sheltered, but Dad as wasn't overbearing as the other guardians. John could have made real friends if he shut up about con air for 5 minutes.

>Vriska
>not 8

i miss nora-reads-homestuck.

Sounds like an interesting opportunity. Arizona doesn't have to be forever, just a stepping stone? You live in SoCal, right?

I also have that headcanon. Rose had tutors and did online school, Dave also did online school and was taught from textbooks directly by Bro. Jade is a feral child who learned from the internet and her grandpa's private library.