R.I.P. Comic romancesd

What are your favorite comic/cartoon romances that were shutdown for stupid reasons?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsalliance.com/the-many-loves-of-wonder-woman-steve-trevor-nemesis-batman-superman-romance/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Inb4 one more day

This.

I liked One More Day. Always hated that cunt MJ. She's always been nothing more than the ultimate waifu for neckbeard fags who want to self-inset as Peter and imagine they're married to a supermodel redhead.

As character concepts, MJ and Peter never made sense relationship wise.

Mary Jane was never a immature party girl when Peter met her not a supermodel she and Peter matured together over time and fell in love.

Did somebody order Mexican? It smells like quesadilla in here...

My favorite bromance was ripped away from me because the Justice League needs tech support.

I'll be mad about this forever. Can't have Dick Grayson be a happy and living independently in New York with his crazy hot girlfriend who is good for him. They need to break up so Dick can metaphorically move back into his father's basement. Better throw in a bullshit retcon about how he really loved Barbara Gordon all along and Starfire didn't really matter \.

My Quesa-dar is going off like crazy.

Shut up Quesada.

>stupid reasons
OP, you'd be surprised how many civil couples ended up breaking after getting married.

>self-insert
>Quesada literally draws Pete to look like a skinnier him
Yeah, fuck off Quesada.

Jean Grey and Cyclops. Also, Polaris and Havok's most recent split for utterly no reason other than to put him in an Avengers book.

Found the tumblr

I know they're bringing it back but for the last 7 years they were basically dead and it killed me.

The only thing that killed me more was this scene.

>Jean Grey and Cyclops
>not Madeleine and Cyclops
>not Emma and Cyclops
all X-Men writers are required to destroy Scott's happiness wherever it appears and they'll asspull every dumb twist they can to do it.

I wonder who could be behind this post

Dick/Kory was the cutest of the cute during the 1980s but it got crapped with because some shipper at DC hated it and wanted Nightwing to be a Batfamily only character, not a Titan. Iirc, Babs and Dick were never a thing until the late 80s/early 90s.

I'm so mad they wasted Linda in Flash TV show like that and I am still mad young justice paired Wally up with a literal who.

Their romance is so underrated

Archie and Veronica. Someone at Archie's keeps on pushing Archie and Betty as the OTP with Veronica as a homewrecker or side-chick.

Barbara and Dina- Wait, that was never canon in the first place.

Dinah and Larry though. Does anyone even remember Larry? I want more Dinah Drake x Larry Lance.

Peter/MJ
Batman/Catwoman
Nightwing/Babs

Hal and Carol always get broken up for some dumbass reason whenever they're together

Just let them be cute together please

>that was never canon in the first place
;_;

>hating MJ
>thinking that she was a immature/dumb partygirl/bimbo

Confirmed for never reading comics.

Fuck you, bitch.

MJ is best Marvel girl.

Why can't they just be happy together?

Because no one has any idea what to do with Danny outside of the context of "have him hang out with Luke"

Artemis a shit.

Hazmat/Mettle

Also, Nico Minoru/Chase Stein.

Nah, that's Colleen. And replace Luke with Misty.

>genuine Dickfire shipping outside of Teen Titans
what the fuck

Pretty that goes both ways.

>Batman/Catwoman
>Nightwing/Babs
These are both on again, off again types. I have no idea where Batman and Catwoman are at right now, but it certainly looks like Dick and Babs will be getting together soon.

I feel you OP. I also feel a bit sad that Johnny isint with Kristal and is instead cucking Blackbolt.

>wanted Nightwing to be a Batfamily only character, not a Titan.
Pretty much this. They've been chipping away at Dick's relationship with the Titans for ages. Kory was the first to go.

Because I actually read New Teen Titans, user.

I agree that Artemis is a literal who, but I'll fight you and nok ur teef ot i swer on me mum if you say their relationship was bad.

Please shit-talk Aqualad and Rocket all you want, though.

Colleen is so insignificant they don't really WANT to put her in anything

Danny is a relatively popular character who's going to have his own Netflix series and it seems like no one has a solid idea on what to do with him

Nah. Afterlife with Archie, Riverdale, and the reboot really like Betty.

They're both black! It's racist!

Artemis was cool in YJ. They should have used her popularity to retool her comic version.

I hate Spitfire though. They had no chemistry in s1.

Did you see the lack of Colleen complain thread, yesterday?

They're giving him an apprentice, now.

DC hates friendships. Donna/Dick and Wally/Dick was so delicious yet they got screwed over in the New 52 relaunch.

"So I was 20 years old and stuck with Gwen. But she was boring as fuck and slutty redheads are my fetish. So the neck snapping was a no-brainer."

It's weird. It's like they looked at all the fan shipping because she really disliked Wally's personality and turned that into weird kind of hate based love.

There relationship felt like that episode of South Park where Cartman plays matchmaker to Token and the new black girl just because there both black (and also to spite Kyle as usual).

Man Gerry must be pretty annoyed these days seeing Gwen being shoved down everyone's throats.

>Babs and Dick were never a thing until the late 80s/early 90s
Yeah, and now we somehow can't get rid of it. Like fungus.

Erase her memory and the relationship!

I love Gwen and I'm annoyed that the real one is the only one we don't have.

Pre-Crisis Kathy was by far the best match for Bruce. But now the only Kane Batwoman is Rucka's lesbian fetish.

It was the mid 90s. They even de aged Barbara for that.

I'M A STRONK INDEPENDENT WOMYN WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN!

Well being written by Lobdell didn't help, but having Hunger Games be popular when they introduced her really didn't make things easy.

OMD didn't achieve a thing.
Newspaper strip kept them married the whole decade it's been in effect, and they're launching a new title based on the 2015 mini-series Renew Your Vows, just in time for the 30th anniversary next year

>go onto video of a DC Animated Movie scene where Nightwing and Starfire are a couple
>comments are stuff like "I thought he dated Batgirl" and "He belongs with Barbara!"

Ew. Korian'r was his girlfriend first. I thought him and Star would be more mainstream than him and Batgirl due to Teen Titans

BUT MUH SLAP!

>mini-series

Fuck....I thought it was going to be an ongoing...

Dick and Babs are currently dating (and got married in Convergence, but they don't remember the latter), but Nightwing this week might split them up again.

Actually it was a pretty obvious rip off from Wally/Linda relationship. Linda was the first woman who didn't buy into Wally's flirts so there was a lot of belligerent tension between them initally. Then there is the whole "find your spitfire"/ "you are my lightning rod" gimmicks. Artemis was also Asian etc.

Her love wasn't enough to bring Wally back from Speed Force but I bet they were going to do something like that if S3 ever happened.

I really just want a Batman/Catwoman relationship like it was in Batman: Hush.

tfw they're no longer together but have both been turned into SJWs

Actually, It IS an ongoing, I said it was a follow-up TO the mini-series, not that it WAS one.

Never really canon, but teased and made possible in Amazing X-Men. And certainly shut down for a very stupid reason.

There's no Speed Force in Weismann-verse. Wally was just dead.

They didn't really have anything for him and people liked Impulse more so he was the easiest thing to sacrifice since they had that relationship built to score some extra sadness on it.

Good. The original was bland as fuck.

That's because post crisis fags are idiots.

Kaine/Hummingbird
It wasn't even a romantic relationship I just want them back.

Damn, those look good.

Thank God...I've been looking SO forward to this. It'll be the only Marvel comic on my pull list.

Bruce Wayne and Jason Todd

I'll never forgive DC for death in the family

Wow, salty ever since the Bronze Age?

And really, you can't bitch about "EW ICKY LESBOS NOT MUH KANE". I mean, shouldn't you be happy that Kathy Kane was un-retconned back into existence as her own character by Grant Morrison?

It's funny you mention SJW's...

>Fortress
Rip in pieces. I always despised the Big Two's tendency to butcher up teen heroes for edge points.

i'm still made Batman and Robin got shut down just because comic fans are happier in the closet

All jokes aside, a billionaire playboy having bisexual feelings towards others makes much more sense than Alan Scott suddenly being gay.

Just not towards the Bat Family. Bruce makes so much more sense as a father-surrogate like Alfred was to him, and an uncle to Babs.

DonnaxGingerteacher

I liked the prospect of Aracely/Rockslide.

Holy shit I didn't even connect to the fact they might do it for the 30th anniversary. I was so ready for Marvelfags to give Marvel shit for not getting them together by then....

but honestly editorial will just point to this elseworld series and be done with.

Also where did u find that image? Is that from the new RYV series?

Wonder WomanxSteve
Wonder WomanxTrevor
Wonder WomanxTom
Wonder WomanxBatman
Wonder WomanxAmazonian Blacksmith

Basically all her romances other than Superman and Aquaman.

Teen Scott and Laura

When has WWx Aquaman ever happened

Yeah it's a real shame DC stopped trying to court the pedophile grooming demographic with its most popular character.

Dick and Babs never dated for real in NU52. Something always happened that got in the way. They're TRYING to start dating in Nightwing new solo, but again Raptor and Court of Owls will be getting in the way.

Babs is also ruining the new Nightwing solo. Dick as Babs is awful. Always has been.

She was retcon out again by NU52 thanks to the Grayson comic. They basically rewrote the whole Kathy Kane to be a new person with no contact to the Batfamily and also a villain. They also killed her off.

I knew the writers would fuck with the Spyral concept.

90's, three runs.

Aquaman was retconned to be the first man she ever met and kissed, causing her to be more open and amerous when she met Steve later.

I still want Thor/Storm to happen, though. Have her have the urge to go Goddess again, and seeking out Thor to talk about it since there's pretty much no-one else to discuss those things with. Then have them bond over lightning and storms.

Havok and Wasp came out of no where

Aquaman and Wonder Woman could work if, IF Mera had never existed.

Aquaman and Mera is like one of those couples that are just too much perfect for them to be separated for long for any reason.

Also, i always imagined Aquaman and Wonder Woman to be like cousins.

Nvr Forget.

Jesus that rankled my ass.

>In 1995’s Aquaman Annual #1, writer Peter David told a story of the first meeting between a pre-Aquaman Orin and a pre-Wonder Woman Diana, in which the sea god Triton attempted to take the young princess before Orin intervened. The pair kissed before parting for years. In Grant Morrison and Howard Porter’s 1997-launched JLA, Wonder Woman is the one who re-recruited the then-extremely anti-social Aquaman to join the new “Big Seven” iteration of the team. In a short story in 1998’s Justice League 80-Page Giant #1 written by Chistopher Priest, Aquaman accidentally became entangled in Wondy’s magic lasso and ended up inadvertently confessing that he found her attractive, and that she was the main reason he remained on the Justice League (Geoff Johns and Jim Lee repeated this scene in their modern Justice League, only with Green Lantern Hal Jordan in the lasso).

>Perhaps the closest they ever came to consummation, however, was during Mark Waid and Bryan Hitch’s 2000 JLA story arc “Queen of Fables,” in which the titular villain put Wonder Woman in a cursed, Snow White-like sleep, and a kiss from the former prince of Atlantis awakened her.

Don't forget Flashpoint.

And i loved their relationship in JLA.

I just copy/pasted from a Comic Alliance article about her love life prior to the 52 being released.
They also forgot about the two Amazons she was hinted at being a lover of.

And Superman, Trevor Barnes, Tom Tresser, Batman and... there's another dude i'm forgetting about.

Uh... Let's think, my favorite romance that was ruined.

Hellion and X-23. I still don't get why comic writers don't use it anymore. It was a good relationship with an almost perfect buildup. Now she is with a guy who is almost a bargain bin Hellion, all his worse traits, without any of the charm.

That ship probably hurts the most as it was the first real ship I had.

Nova and Namorita because of fucking Original Sin... Actually I am not going to get into that trainwreck. All I can hope is that Namorita is written into the new Nova book.

Black Cat and Spiderman. I don't care if they were not in a relationship at the time, their interactions were great. Now she is an absolute cunt and Peter is just... I don't even know anymore.

Wasp and Hank. I don't care what anyone says about the slap. Even the writer admits that it was a mistake. In fact, if it hadn't been for people constantly making that Hank's entire character, then they could have remained together.

Currently Archie and Veronica is being sunk with everyone making the latter a complete bitch while shilling Betty (Afterlife, I am looking at you in particular).

Scott Summers with a partner who he has an interesting dynamic with and could still give him happiness (Emma (In nearly everything), Psylocke, Rogue (Evolution) and pre-Loganing Jean).

No, it had them.

comicsalliance.com/the-many-loves-of-wonder-woman-steve-trevor-nemesis-batman-superman-romance/