Ausfag thread

Ausfag thread

I just wanna know what youse are planning to see at MIFF if you live in Melbourne.
miff.com.au/program/films/type/feature,short,short films,vr

Otherwise I guess we could talk about ninja warrior or why Karl Stefanovic is a thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Murdoch
nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/technology-choice-program/individual-premises-switch.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off vicfag, Adelaide Film Festival is better

Fucking queer

What did you see there? Maybe there's some crossover.
Also Victoria #1 best state rest of you cunts don't even know how bad you've got it.

Is Aus a very gossipy country?
I looked up Karl and was all gossipy shit about his brother and shit his wife said
what gives?

>tfw people outside today fixing up the pits for nbn

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Murdoch

NBN Co official strategy is to raise their household connectivity percentage as fast as possible. that means if it's difficult to deliver a service to your house, you get moved to the back of the queue, and they move on to easier houses

>MIFF
no
>Ninja Warrior
It's shit. The Japanese rush through that shit once a year and it's awesome. We're spending 20 minutes introducing every other faggot who lasts 15 seconds and trying to turn the show into Australian Idol.

What's your favourite art piece?

is the infrastructure not in place...IE utility/telephone poles?

I doubt there will be any major issues. Half the town got NBN last year with no problems. The only current hiccup is that the guys cleaning the pits have heaps of work to do because the pits never get service. Fucking Telstra.

They're just using the same duct network where the copper lines reside and threading fibre through that.

what does an abo do with $100,000?

I'm going see There Will Be Blood with the MSO performing the score in the background. Should be Kino.

I forgot that the NBN was still being done. They did my town like 5 years ago.

That's Australia for you

>NBN came to my area recently
>ISPs have dropped multiple fucking pamphlets
>mates down the road reckon its fucked and not to bother
>mates on the other side of the city told me that the speed increase isn't that great because they only wire the street, and not directly to the house so it gets choked by the standard cable or whatever
>can't remember the details of either of these discussions because I was drunk both times
>not getting NBN until they fix their shit though

If you're not to far from the node fork out the extra dollarydoos for the fibre to the home. It's super quick.

>they only wire the street

Depends on what they decide for your area. sounds like they got fibre to the node. I think we're set to be part of the fibre to the curb experiment. Honestly I'm not expecting too much speed-wise. I only get 550KB/s now so doubling that would be pretty nice.

no... no its not.

if you are FTTN wait until all ADSL2 services are turned off. this allows them to disable certain ADSL-specific settings on their DSLAM and will improve your connection

I had fibre to the home in Tassie when I lived near the hospital. You could pirate films in all of 3 minutes on a good day.

Sorry, didn't realise you meant the speed.

The FTTN > FTTP process takes up to 12 months if youre lucky, and costs $7,500 to $25,000

t.ispfag

which hospital?

>It's shit. The Japanese rush through that shit once a year and it's awesome. We're spending 20 minutes introducing every other faggot who lasts 15 seconds and trying to turn the show into Australian Idol.

Thank fuck, I thought I was the only one who thought this.
Ninja warrior is trash, original Japanese Sasuke is fucking intense.
The moment someone gets ultimate victory the whole thing gets made even harder.

>Karl Stefanovic
I hate him with every fiber of my being

beat me to it, he'll just flip open the top on that thing and inhale for a month.

>There Will Be Blood
I never understood why that movie became so popular. Daniel Day Lewis isn't entertaining to watch, it's not exceptionally good looking, it's not a great story, the whole thing just feels bitter in a cheap and unpleasant way.

The Japanese might have forgotten how to do movies but their reality tv has always been tight. Australian tv is just a make-work program for media graduates.

i went through the miff listing and found nothing overly interesting; any hidden gems i overlooked lads?

what is your net speed?
>bogan BTFO

>Ausfag thread

False flag, this thread is full of wogs and lebs

Leeds, Gloucester, Leyland and illinois are not in australia lads

Fucking hell trying to look this shit up is such an ordeal, GG Aus government. As far as I can tell it's gonna cost $2k minimum to get fibre to the premises, fuck that, I don't need to high speed shitpost that bad

My net swings something awful, sometimes it's 40kb/s, sometimes it's 250+, and it drops often too, it's bullshit.
I had electricians in for a rewire a while back and they reckoned the connection from the premises to the nodes is probably fucked. I'll probably get NBN and fibre to the premises when my internet totally drops if my ISP will guarantee stable, high speeds.

>$7,500 to $25,000
Holy fuck even the lower end of the spectrum will cost more than my car, RIP even the idea

nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/technology-choice-program/individual-premises-switch.html